Nancy-Seichamps 1930s / Grand Prix de Lorraine

Tracks Nancy-Seichamps 1930s / Grand Prix de Lorraine 1.0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
F1PiloteJV submitted a new resource:

Nancy-Seichamps 1930s / Grand Prix de Lorraine - Old French Grand Prix

********NANCY-SEICHAMPS 1930s GP V1.0 FOR ASSETTO CORSA********

Track created from GPS data, old photos, IGN aerial view and local archives.

Software : Bob's Track Builder, Google Sketchup, 3DSimED3, ZModeler2, Paint.NET, ksEditor

15 opponents max.

Thanks to Noëlle Diaquin and Pascal François for sharing me and sending the old local archives.

By F1PILOTEJV

Read more about this resource...

looks fantastic. Dont know anything about this circuit, but the name Lorraine, would that be anything to do with the manufacturer, Lorraine Detrich? My uncle restored one from the remains of the only 3 that got imported into NZ when new.

Attachments

• lorraine Dietrich.jpg
    lorraine Dietrich.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 38
Hi @F1PiloteJV ,
Really glad that this track is now available on AC, though, I have an issue when charging the track in game: It shows an error message "Track not found"...
Actually, there is no "nancy_sheichamps.kn5" in the track folder; also, I'm wondering if using upper case for naming the files isn't a problem in AC, but maybe it's ok, just not sure.

Hi @F1PiloteJV ,
Really glad that this track is now available on AC, though, I have an issue when charging the track in game: It shows an error message "Track not found"...
Actually, there is no "nancy_sheichamps.kn5" in the track folder; also, I'm wondering if using upper case for naming the files isn't a problem in AC, but maybe it's ok, just not sure.
certainly everything I have read in the modders manual about naming suggests lowercase to be the preferred option, including in skinning. Alot of issues arise from uppercase naming convention.

I just tried it in practise mode and it loaded fine. Dont use a car with a halo, you cant see where the turns are... I have one Tatuus Ft-60 embedded in the haybales at turn 1 lol

Last edited:
Hi @F1PiloteJV ,
I tried to load the track in practice or race mod, but the same error message occured.
I downloaded again the track on RD, in case I would have incountered a corrupted file during the first download. It resulted no change, and the same error message remains.

To figure out what was going on, I checked out the organisation and naming of the track folder & files, and compared it with other tracks which usually work perfectly in AC.

Following the "track not found" error message, I thought the game couldn't find the track main file, like it usually does with the other tracks as they all have a "circuit_name.kn5" file, so:

-I copied the heaviest kn5 file (NS_OBJECTS_P1.kn5) and named it "nancy_seichamps.kn5".
-I lower_case renamed all the kn5 files.
-I renamed the track folder in lower_case accordingly to the ui_track.json in the ui folder.

Then the problem was solved and I could finally enjoy the track!

renaming track files and folder-min.jpg

I'm sharing this point to help, in case anyone else would get the same issue.

I don't know if you consider your track totally polished/finished, but in case this issue happen again, maybe would you like to update the organisation of the track's folder?
-------
By the way, I enjoyed my first runs,
great overall mood all along, great houses and village composition!

I noticed some points that put the track in a lower standard:
-the quality of the trees near the road. Landspape textures to be polished in the mid-far view.
-the people: Only men, no woman, no child (boy and girls), it looks like a weird world to me, giving an unatural feeling.
also the hurrah!-characters are a bit too present in a repetitive way.
-the lack of elevation details, bumps: Even in a lowland region, country roads in the 30's were not as flat as they actually are in the track.
-the map was missing, but thanks to CM, I could set it back.

Hope you receive this as constructive thoughts; again, it's a promising work, and vintage tracks like this one are awaited!

Last edited:
looks fantastic. Dont know anything about this circuit, but the name Lorraine, would that be anything to do with the manufacturer, Lorraine Detrich? My uncle restored one from the remains of the only 3 that got imported into NZ when new.
Thanks for your feedback ! :)
How Vince Wheel said, Lorraine was the region where the GP was organised

certainly everything I have read in the modders manual about naming suggests lowercase to be the preferred option, including in skinning. Alot of issues arise from uppercase naming convention.

I just tried it in practise mode and it loaded fine. Dont use a car with a halo, you cant see where the turns are... I have one Tatuus Ft-60 embedded in the haybales at turn 1 lol
I will see to update the file with the advice of Vince Wheel.
Yes first turn is surprising :roflmao: lol

Hi @F1PiloteJV ,
I tried to load the track in practice or race mod, but the same error message occured.
I downloaded again the track on RD, in case I would have incountered a corrupted file during the first download. It resulted no change, and the same error message remains.

To figure out what was going on, I checked out the organisation and naming of the track folder & files, and compared it with other tracks which usually work perfectly in AC.

Following the "track not found" error message, I thought the game couldn't find the track main file, like it usually does with the other tracks as they all have a "circuit_name.kn5" file, so:

-I copied the heaviest kn5 file (NS_OBJECTS_P1.kn5) and named it "nancy_seichamps.kn5".
-I lower_case renamed all the kn5 files.
-I renamed the track folder in lower_case accordingly to the ui_track.json in the ui folder.

Then the problem was solved and I could finally enjoy the track!

View attachment 631532
I'm sharing this point to help, in case anyone else would get the same issue.

I don't know if you consider your track totally polished/finished, but in case this issue happen again, maybe would you like to update the organisation of the track's folder?
-------
By the way, I enjoyed my first runs,
great overall mood all along, great houses and village composition!

I noticed some points that put the track in a lower standard:
-the quality of the trees near the road. Landspape textures to be polished in the mid-far view.
-the people: Only men, no woman, no child (boy and girls), it looks like a weird world to me, giving an unatural feeling.
also the hurrah!-characters are a bit too present in a repetitive way.
-the lack of elevation details, bumps: Even in a lowland region, country roads in the 30's were not as flat as they actually are in the track.
-the map was missing, but thanks to CM, I could set it back.

Hope you receive this as constructive thoughts; again, it's a promising work, and vintage tracks like this one are awaited!
Thanks for your feedback and advice !
This is my first track for AC and I don't have any problem to load the track in this state with CM.
I will try to update the file folder like you show me :)

:thumbsup: a very good debut track for AC!
I'm not a modder, I just try to understand as user how smoothly AC is able to react to a situation or another.
But, if you don't know yet the thread "What are you working on?" , don't hesitate to post about your current work , people here will be glad to know you, and in case, to help too!
Yes always interesting to know how AC works and react :)
Nice for this thread, I will check it thanks

For some kind of reason I did as an Vintage driver, miss this download. Thanks, will test this track next weekend and let you know.
One thing I do like, at first view, are the 3D spectators, while even the famous & experience track modders here, are still using the immersion breaking 2D models.

Last edited:
Did give it a go in VR, nice circuit but all a bit “pale overexposed” looking. Think also the trees are also a bit strange looking, these needs to changed as priority 1. If wanting to improve, I would convert the trees near the road into 3D versions as can be found here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/workaround-to-quick-generate-tree-txt-for-csp-treefx.253792/
For the trees further away from the road, is my suggestion, use 2D models, to avoid to much FPS loss.

Thanks for creating this and please keep on updating.

Last edited:
Did give it a go in VR, nice circuit but all a bit “pale overexposed” looking. Think also the trees are also a bit strange looking, these needs to changed as priority 1. If wanting to improve, I would convert the trees near the road into 3D versions as can be found here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/workaround-to-quick-generate-tree-txt-for-csp-treefx.253792/
For the trees further away from the road, is my suggestion, use 2D models, to avoid to much FPS loss.

Thanks for creating this and please keep on updating.
Yes I'm agree, I will see for TreesFX maybe to improve.
I can advise you to set the time later to have a sunset effect which will be better I think (Like my Youtube video)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.