My Sim Cockpit

11/09/2015
http://s16.postimg.org/evw7vgryd/DSC_0001.jpg

01/25/2015
http://s29.postimg.org/ao5nlsz13/DSC_0775.jpg
Scroll the pages to see the evolution of the project :D

Hello to all guys are Dario'm 20, I'm Italian and have always been passionate about cars and video games, a combination that took the life of a few weeks, since I was able to finally realize a driving position up to my expectations, it is not over yet there are still a lot of details. Here are the components of the PC:

DSC_0466.jpg
DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg
DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg
DSC_0492.jpg

pc has the following configuration:
CPU: Intel i5 4690k (I'm waiting for the arrivals macho to overclock at least 4.0)
VGA: r9 280 (soon I will take another for crossfire)
RAM: Vengeance 2x4GB
HDD: WD 1tb
ALI: Corsair CX750M
MB: MSI z97 Gaming 5
CASE: Zalman z11 plus

Here the assembly:
DSC_0496.jpg
DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg
DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg
DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg
DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg
DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg

Last edited:

Guys the cockpit is still fervent development, I have lots of ideas for the head. :D

Today I mounted the wheel, here is a bit different steps

Set the adapter from a metal sheet from 0.7mm steel really resistant

2014_11_26_19_48_42.jpg
2014_11_27_09_42_20.jpg

Molded and painted

2014_11_27_10_21_34.jpg
2014_11_27_11_40_42.jpg

Ready to be mounted

DSC_0657.jpg
DSC_0659.jpg

Here are the results as

image.jpg

And not to change here is another video, hope you like the rally, because this time is on WRC4. :D

PS: the channel seems to be going pretty well, and 80 registrations in 2000 view, in three days with only 2 video, I think they try to carry on, I think if you want to subscribe to put at least 2/3 video per week. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This evening I tried to record another video, but I must say that the quality is really poor, there's just a bit of light can be seen in less badly

I'm planning to take a gopro, for this kind of video say it's fine?

Upvote 0
Arrived and mounted the spring for the brake, GTEYE.

GTEYE.jpg

What about another story, at first seems equal to the original, but more pressing and more becomes rigid, entirely different sensibility.
In fact I made this video where not even use the abs. :D

Upvote 0
Here at last the first video really "onboard" the quality is a little bit so because of the low light in the room also has suffered some also in the conversion and upload, for the next video I have to take a lamp and point on the station, trying to not to reflect the screens: S

Upvote 0
I know, they told me in many, but I do not find myself liking right at an angle greater than this: S

I am finally able to record at 60fps, shall we? I have to adjust your view only maybe a little higher, and then absolutely the brightness in the room

Upvote 0
So in these days of celebrations I have been busy, that's what I fixed:

I changed the angle of the screens, as they told me pretty much all of it, now it is so:

DSC_0742.jpg

Also arrived a bit of aluminum :D

2014_12_13_09_17_20.jpg

With the smooth plate I realized the padlles for the steering wheel
Designed and shaped

2014_12_13_11_31_39.jpg
2014_12_13_11_32_37.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg
DSC_0733.jpg

Finished and installed :D

DSC_0737.jpg

While with the platform and the plate almond I finished (at least for now :D) pedals

DSC_0725.jpg

See you soon :D

Upvote 0
Here is a mini guide on how to build a Botton Box (It is only a pad hacking).

So just take a 4€ chinese pad :D

DSC_0694.jpg

Disassemble it and connect to the buttons on the card of buttons or switches

DSC_0698.jpg
DSC_0700.jpg

Create a base where to put the buttons

2015_01_17_18_59_47.jpg
2015_01_17_19_31_41.jpg

Close the box and secure it to the cockpit :D

DSC_0770.jpg

I remade also the sequential gearbox and the hand brake, in addition to "close" above screens with these panels blacks, to give more a sense of immersion in the game

DSC_0775.jpg

DSC_0767.jpg

And here as always a nice video :p

[youtube]

I also took a new steering wheel, a srw-s1, for various Formula etc., to which I adapted quick release and I put a spiral cable for not doing so confuse and raised 2 padlle useless: D

DSC_0776.jpg
DSC_0779.jpg

Now I'm thinking of buying or Buttkicker or at least a vibration system, only that there is a wide choice and I do not know which is better compared to the price :S

Upvote 0
Nice looking cockpit :thumbsup:

Have you set up your screens using the triple screen app in AC, and input the side monitor angles and bezel sizes? The transition between them looks off to me, and might be why you don't like pulling them in any further. It might just be the angle it is filmed.

Upvote 0
Hey Dedraro,

If you want your S1 to survive a little while, I Highly suggest taking it apart 1 more time and re enforcing the Grips, They are by far the weakest part of the wheel when using it with FFB, The Screw's are Very small and have Very little material they are "biting" into.

Upvote 0
@Chris Dawson thank you very much, it seems that the side screens are not well aligned because of the prospect, because I shot from above, from the driving position can be clearly seen, however, thanks to the advice :D

@Moxley6969 thank you I had already decided to reinforce it with aluminum reinforcements, but if you just confirm only needs that the glue, I avoid a bit of hassle :p

Ps: I opened this discussion, if you want to check it out, I'd be happy :D

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/tactile-transducer-system.99938/

Upvote 0
With Fanaleds software you can get the shift lights to work on the SRW-S1, but i imagine you use the display for that,

Great looking cockpit btw, and i ordered the SRW-S1 and can't wait to get it.

Im just curious how you mounted the quick release?

Upvote 0
With Fanaleds software you can get the shift lights to work on the SRW-S1, but i imagine you use the display for that,

Great looking cockpit btw, and i ordered the SRW-S1 and can't wait to get it.

Im just curious how you mounted the quick release?

I use fanaleds, but for the srw-s1 I find that the LEDs are much too bright, so that bother me, and then I have them off, for the quick release I bought it on Aliexpress to 18 € seems to me, is one of those replica Sparco, the first I took the original, but for what we must do is just fine one fake.

Bass Shaker arrived, I have taken 4, and amplified by a Lepai LP2020A +, I have to thank @JeffL who helped me throughout the project. :D

2015_02_04_19_24_12.jpg

As I took a sound card Creative Sound Blaster, really good, which I found on offer recently.

DSC_0788.jpg

What about the bass shaker alone, without the aid of SimVibe (software to manage precisely the transducers) are really useless I used them for 2 days type boxes, waiting for me to arrive the second sound card, and they were really annoying, i do not understand how they manage to use only the Buttkicker with SimVibe instead is a whole other story, it takes a bit of time to set up each parameter but once you find the right compromise one wonders how it was to drive without :D

Video :D

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Upvote 0
Although it is much we do not place anything, at this time I made some changes to the location, such as the installation of the new steering wheel, a TM T500RS.

I had to disassemble to be able to sell below the screens

DSC_0806.jpg
DSC_0808.jpg

I also created a simple adapter, using the quick release of the original crown and the sparco, I joined them with a hard aluminum 3mm.

2015_03_12_09_58_02.jpg
2015_03_12_10_34_42.jpg

I also realized this aluminum support to easily attach and detach the screen / tablet that I use for telemetry.

2015_03_25_13_29_39.jpg
DSC_0804.jpg

Finally I also placed the srw-s1, reinforcing the supports, and changing the cable.

DSC_0809.jpg

And as usual, here is a video with all the news: D

[Youtube]

I also changed the layout of the transducers, and applied to the rubber to silence them :)

byebye: D

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back