AC Multiclass WEC @ Silverstone - Saturday 22 April 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice full grid all booked up people! Exciting times ahead :)

Now we have quite a few days until the race, so let's see if we can get some more signups and get the reserves list covered or maybe event enough for another server ;)

After testing, I was wondering why the Porsche 919 drives like a understeering pig. So I went to google and found this:

The Porsche 919 Hybrid, as it appears in Assetto Corsa, is the low downforce configuration of the race car – only built for a single event on the 2015 World Endurance Championship schedule, the 24 Hours of Le Mans held at Circuit de la Sarthe. No matter how high you jack up the wing settings within the game’s garage menu, the underlying aerodynamic properties – hard values you can’t adjust without decrypting the physics files, manually adjusting the numbers yourself, and receiving multiple online bans for tampering – are based around a one-off version of the Porsche 919 built to go fast in a straight line.

That explains a lot :D

Last edited:
After testing, I was wondering why the Porsche 919 drives like a understeering pig. So I went to google and found this:

The Porsche 919 Hybrid, as it appears in Assetto Corsa, is the low downforce configuration of the race car – only built for a single event on the 2015 World Endurance Championship schedule, the 24 Hours of Le Mans held at Circuit de la Sarthe. No matter how high you jack up the wing settings within the game’s garage menu, the underlying aerodynamic properties – hard values you can’t adjust without decrypting the physics files, manually adjusting the numbers yourself, and receiving multiple online bans for tampering – are based around a one-off version of the Porsche 919 built to go fast in a straight line.

That explains a lot :D
I don't know where and who made those statements, but in AC the car produces a downforce such that you car reach peak values of lateral acceleration of 4g at the double Arrabbiata and 4.5 g at Radillon.
Those values are in F1 territory.
The 919 has a natural tendency to understeer because it's 4WD, with a massive power output at the front when accelerating and releasing the electrical power.

Edit: nevermind, I've discovered the source of that informations :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back