AC Multiclass @ Sveg Raceway - Sun 9th Feb 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was great john:), even if it was only the view of the accelerator and brake pedal.
Noticed that they are surrounded both sides to locate your feet.
Going to copy that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:
Han, soon as I started in race department online, it did not take a genious to figure out most if not all are quicker than I, yet alone the likes of Enzo.
There is more than just one way to run a race, that's what I concentrated on, all of the race; that I can think about, does not require skills I do not possess.
That's why setup is so important to me, just one aspect I can do, just then ignore what I cannot.
The only thing that occupies my mind is making progress patiently in the race, if its 6th to 5th or 16th to 15th it matters not a jot to me.
I set my cars up to compensate for my lack of ability not to ultimately go faster.

I do waffle on.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That was great john:), even if it was only the view of the accelerator and brake pedal.
Noticed that they are surrounded both sides to locate your feet.
Going to copy that. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:
Han, soon as I started in race department online, it did not take a genious to figure out most if not all are quicker than I, yet alone the likes of Enzo.
There is more than just one way to run a race, that's what I concentrated on, all of the race; that I can think about, does not require skills I do not possess.
That's why setup is so important to me, just one aspect I can do, just then ignore what I cannot.
The only thing that occupies my mind is making progress patiently in the race, if its 6th to 5th or 16th to 15th it matters not a jot to me.

...including podium finishes - oddly enough I found the linked result just now after doing some research (looking for setups) for Sundays race. Proof that consistency works. :thumbsup:

Han if you want to watch other styles, have a look @ Henri Sinik's videos (see the Spa link above).

Funny you should suggest Henri Sinik Patrick, that’s we’re it all started for me looking into most of this driving technic thingy, could not believe how active he is behind the wheel, puts in more concentration and energy into one lap than I do in the whole race, I think I made this coment at the time. :)

Henri usually had the edge on me in Assetto Corsa, but in rFactor 2 I'm usually the quickest.
Comparing these two laps (which were very close in terms of time) is quite interesting:

A clear difference is how much we turn the wheel for the tight section of T4-T6. Refering to Brundle's video, Henri would fall into the Alonso category while I'd say I drive more like Schumacher/Raikkonen.

That said, I've never really been that good on a single lap if I compare myself to my teammates.
Henri's full race from Istanbul is quite interesting, unfortunately I do not have my own POV from this:

Last edited:
Ps, just looked at spa, when I saw him drive, I think it was gt3 short circuit, looks quite relaxed at Spa.
Edit, looking at Enzo replay, Henri still looks reasonably relaxed, got that completely wrong. Ho well it’s hardy the first or last time for that. :(

Last edited:
Just checked on that race Patrick, first I qualified with a full tank of fuel.
That meant compared with those around me I had some spare pace.
Secondly ran with softs, everyone else was on mediums.
That meant again I had even more spare pace plus all of those things went
Into looking after the tyres, they lasted the full distance.
Thirdly I ran with virtually no wing, i remember John was taking big chunks of time on the in-road, only to loose it all on the two long straghts.
I also did nothing rash just took opportunities when they showed rather than
forcing them.

These are my excuses and I’m sticking with them.:D

Just watched the video, you keep the pace in the car, your correction achieve that, they control ( generally ) without loosing speed.
If you were to overlay my driving, each similar incident would cause a loss of speed and hesitation. Once the speed is lost, it’s lost for that corner.
Have followed you many times, it is not every corner that you make time, usually the more technical ones.
Irrespective of what happens to the car at the limit, it is Instantly controlled
without effecting the pace of the car, that means you can basically enter the corner with more speed, maintain your braking, but still keep the entry speed as high as possible, keeping every thing as “late” and “early” as you can.
The above give you the confidence to push boundaries that I would struggle with, I think it is intellectually applied skill.

I am basically alway going over speed, under speed in the important corners, not having the confidence or ability to push. So I end up compensating by smoothing it all out, I get my lap times by using this throughout the whole lap. By that I mean I create an average, maybe not as quick as others a corner, but over the whole lap I can be reasonably competitive at my level.

obviously the video does nothing to explain your judged corner speed, I may be getting a fact unknowingly mixed up with that. It could be that I am doing a fairly similar drive to you but at a lower judged speed.:(

All guess work.:( Unfortunately!!

I seem to be able to drive the car at a decent clip and can mange to keep pace when the car is setup well. But with me when I have the pace I have a really hard time holding it all together. A lot of times I have been doing well and then a small mistake will cause a major off. Then the head goes down. I just cant do it lap after lap for 60 mins.
Also, a lot of times I was doing well it was in the 650, and that car seems to really go when you loose it, further magnifying mistakes.
Its really a personality thing and I was always like that in every sport I played, could be fantastic one day and beat a top player and then next day really struggle.
I think I need to take a leaf out of Ernies/Hans book and try take it down a notch and try minimise the mistakes.
Recently in one of the races I was behind Enzo for a few laps and was really keeping up for I think 4, then I just completely lost it. I wonder is there some settings for my wheel or in sim that I dont have right or something.

Anyway sorry for the thinking out loud.

That a good explanation of what I see @GEO147
when I following, may be for a couple laps I am loosing to the person I was catching, then I catch up and with the time available i see were i am quickest, that being the point were I plan an overtake. But I never rush it.
Pawel gave me some good information about a year or so ago we were discussing my setup.
He thought my set up was good but not for him, saying that there was a time when it would have been ok, now he wants a car that behaves in a more agile way.
The point I think he was making, was, setup for where you are now, not for a skill set you have not yet acquired.
Setups do not really make your car quicker, they
are there to help you extract a 100% from your own personal driving ability.
Some people just do this naturally for some reason, some have to work at it, someone like me, no hope. So if that’s the case look for your strong points and work on those, in doing that my weak points have progressed without any input from me.
An example,
I can run quite a lot quicker with TC virtually off, but I don’t have the speed, feel and anticipation to catch it all the time, ( looking at the video of Enzo is a good example ) especially in a race, so I always run it at 1,2 or 3 , perhaps you could for a starters run TC at 4 or 5 if that catches you out lower it.
I have mine logged onto my wheel, I turn up if I want to make more progress, especially alone, then go back to 1,2 or 3 when I am in a situation.

Sorry to waffle on, when I start I cannot stop, bit like when I set a car up.:roflmao::roflmao:

it does not matter were you are on the pyramid of success, there is for the vast majority of people someone who quicker.

We’re do you think your motor racing star’s would be if everyone in our world could ge into a Mercedes F1 car.

0C84DDD9-6E36-4A0D-BF1F-1E7804A6D01F.png

That a good explanation of what I see @GEO147
when I following, may be for a couple laps I am loosing to the person I was catching, then I catch up and with the time available i see were i am quickest, that being the point were I plan an overtake. But I never rush it.
Pawel gave me some good information about a year or so ago we were discussing my setup.
He thought my set up was good but not for him, saying that there was a time when it would have been ok, now he wants a car that behaves in a more agile way.
The point I think he was making, was, setup for where you are now, not for a skill set you have not yet acquired.
Setups do not really make your car quicker, they
are there to help you extract a 100% from your own personal driving ability.
Some people just do this naturally for some reason, some have to work at it, someone like me, no hope. So if that’s the case look for your strong points and work on those, in doing that my weak points have progressed without any input from me.
An example,
I can run quite a lot quicker with TC virtually off, but I don’t have the speed, feel and anticipation to catch it all the time, ( looking at the video of Enzo is a good example ) especially in a race, so I always run it at 1,2 or 3 , perhaps you could for a starters run TC at 4 or 5 if that catches you out lower it.
I have mine logged onto my wheel, I turn up if I want to make more progress, especially alone, then go back to 1,2 or 3 when I am in a situation.

Sorry to waffle on, when I start I cannot stop, bit like when I set a car up.:roflmao::roflmao:

it does not matter were you are on the pyramid of success, there is for the vast majority of people someone who quicker.

We’re do you think your motor racing star’s would be if everyone in our world could ge into a Mercedes F1 car.

View attachment 348989
@Kek700 , Enzo explained to me that in AC the settings for TC and ABS work in opposite direction. If you want just a little TC than choose one of the highest numbers available. From your explanation above it looks like you didn't know this (which isn't strange because it isn't logical in my opinion).
I guess now you know this, you're gonna drive the sh.t out of me this Sunday!:p:D

Edit: in ACC it's as you should expect it: low numbers is less TC or ABS.

Last edited:
@Kek700 , Enzo explained to me that in AC the settings for TC and ABS work in opposite direction. If you want just a little TC than choose one of the highest numbers available. From your explanation above it looks like you didn't know this (which isn't strange because it isn't logical in my opinion).
I guess now you know this, you're gonna drive the sh.t out of me this Sunday!:p:D

Edit: in ACC it's as you should expect it: low numbers is less TC or ABS.

What?!?!? If that's true.. :roflmao:
Well, I really didn't know that :O_o::confused:

[...], perhaps you could for a starters run TC at 4 or 5 if that catches you out lower it.[...]
How do you "feel" that TC catches you?

@Kek700 , Enzo explained to me that in AC the settings for TC and ABS work in opposite direction. If you want just a little TC than choose one of the highest numbers available.

Noooooooooo really? :poop::O_o::D I always had it between 1-3 thinking that was just a little bit of TC/ABS to compensate only my bigger errors... Maybe setting it to the opposite will answer my question from above by itself... (and make me faster by at least a second :roflmao:)

Last edited:
How do you "feel" that TC catches you?

Noooooooooo really? :poop::O_o::D I always had it between 1-3 thinking that was just a little bit of TC/ABS to compensate only my bigger errors... Maybe setting it to the opposite will answer my question from above by itself... (and make me faster by at least a second :roflmao:)

Yep, me2.
So maybe that is the reason why I have always felt like Mr. Slow? :cautious:
We will see on Sunday :D:p

Sorry about the confusion,

as Han said I have always assumed, I think quite correctly 1 is where the most TC control is applied, 2,3,4 etc less and less intervention. If I run TC at 5 or 6 then MoTeC will and does confirm much less intervention on a bumpy circuit.
That is why I suggested George goes for 5 or 6, he can handle that, if not lower it.

Sorry again for the confusion,

which bring me onto locked differential, always wondered if by putting more power lock on a differential thus making both wheels drive more together, yes I know that can induce oversteer, if it will override TC.
With a little amount of power lock, say 10%, one wheel will have more of a tendency to spin thus inducing TC to cut in, especially if it is set to 1,2 or 3.

bit shocked, did not think many read my waffling.

Ps.... I normally run TC at 1 or 2, the Nissan GT-R, I run at 3 or 4 due to it,
from my perspective being a very stable platform.

The 650s I run power lock at 60% but with TC at 1 or 2.

just assumed everyone knew these things, power coast, run that at 60% to help me trail break in to bends, sometimes I lower this to make the car turn better, so maybe 30 or 40%, on some cars and tracks I remove it to lowest, again to liven up the back end, if I can get awaywith it.

surely no one is still reading all of this, I as i always say, doing this isolated, so it is all unconfirmed guess work from my point of view.

Double PS..... I do all this waffling in the hope of learning from everyone, all this is to initialise the conversation, soooo much I don’t know, or I am wrong about.

I think diff and TC are purely a subjective thing. More or less, I have a general preference that seems to apply to any car in recent memory including the LMP1 I drove the other day. I don't like to point n shoot cars and prefer to roll more speed in which means I need a car to behave a certain way. As I have no clue to how setup actual suspension, I lean on the 2 diff settings to make that happen for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea