AC Multiclass @ Sveg - Mon 01 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out what the MGU-K does in the LMP1. There is very little explanation about this. The best I found out is:
"The Low setting uses less battery, especially on higher speeds/gears
The High setting uses more battery in higher speeds/gears

The Preserve from Aggressive setting, changes how torque is transferred to the front wheels, depending on their slip and thus using more or less battery and heating/wearing more or less the front tyres. Obviously the aggressive setting will give faster lap times but put the front tyres in more stress as well as consume more battery/energy per lap.

Keep in mind that LMP1 drivers use as low a setting as possible and manually boost the ERS with the button in order to overtake slower cars or defend their position"

Can someone add more details about this deployment? I made some practice laps and Low preserved seems to deplete before the lap ends (maybe the length is too big?). Other mods, same thing, except Charging, where you have manually deliver KERS.

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out what the MGU-K does in the LMP1. There is very little explanation about this. The best I found out is:
"The Low setting uses less battery, especially on higher speeds/gears
The High setting uses more battery in higher speeds/gears

The Preserve from Aggressive setting, changes how torque is transferred to the front wheels, depending on their slip and thus using more or less battery and heating/wearing more or less the front tyres. Obviously the aggressive setting will give faster lap times but put the front tyres in more stress as well as consume more battery/energy per lap.

Keep in mind that LMP1 drivers use as low a setting as possible and manually boost the ERS with the button in order to overtake slower cars or defend their position"

Can someone add more details about this deployment? I made some practice laps and Low preserved seems to deplete before the lap ends (maybe the length is too big?). Other mods, same thing, except Charging, where you have manually deliver KERS.
You have to look out for two things when using the ERS with the LMP's: Per-lap-quota and Overall battery charge. You have take into consideration on each track you run that will the OBC let you run the PLQ empty each lap or not, if not, you have to manage the ERS in a way that you can keep the OBC at a consistent level, so you wouldn't run out of battery after a few laps and have to charge it unefficiently. Stopping in the pits always refills the Battery in AC.

The copypasta you put in, is correct. Generally for me Low preserve with additional manual ERS usage works the best since its gradual power input results in best handling and gives consistency since i don't have to press the boost button all the time. It also gives more headroom and control to where and when i want/need to use the rest of the boost i have available.

What comes to the track at hand, if it runs out then you(we) have to run it manually. But there is a workaround: Since on the Low preserved mode the boost is only through gears 1-5, you can maybe tune those gears shorter than usual resulting in quicker initial acceleration(and less battery usage) but slowing down massively in gears 6-7. That way u can maybe get some more consistent times, since you don't have to worry about the ERS much.

If you're new to running in the LMP class here's some quick tips i posted about a year ago.
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...a-osrw-sat-05may18.150128/page-9#post-2744767

You have to look out for two things when using the ERS with the LMP's: Per-lap-quota and Overall battery charge. You have take into consideration on each track you run that will the OBC let you run the PLQ empty each lap or not, if not, you have to manage the ERS in a way that you can keep the OBC at a consistent level, so you wouldn't run out of battery after a few laps and have to charge it unefficiently. Stopping in the pits always refills the Battery in AC.

The copypasta you put in, is correct. Generally for me Low preserve with additional manual ERS usage works the best since its gradual power input results in best handling and gives consistency since i don't have to press the boost button all the time. It also gives more headroom and control to where and when i want/need to use the rest of the boost i have available.

What comes to the track at hand, if it runs out then you(we) have to run it manually. But there is a workaround: Since on the Low preserved mode the boost is only through gears 1-5, you can maybe tune those gears shorter than usual resulting in quicker initial acceleration(and less battery usage) but slowing down massively in gears 6-7. That way u can maybe get some more consistent times, since you don't have to worry about the ERS much.

If you're new to running in the LMP class here's some quick tips i posted about a year ago.
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...a-osrw-sat-05may18.150128/page-9#post-2744767
Thank you very much for your answer. I will read the descriptions and I will try to apply. I wanted to try the LMP1 because for the first time I kinda now the circuit, and I don't really like the corvettes (the brand in general, not these specific cars. just like I don't like Mercs ... everybody has a preference :) )
So I really want to try the: LMP1. It was so spooky in the first lap :O but now it's pretty nice.

Generally speaking, if you're manually deploying energy, its best use the ERS accelerating from gears 1-4 and also take into consideration track layout.

If a straight follows the corner, then deploy energy but if its a short stretch to the next corner where you have to slow down soon after, then its wasteful of using charge. So, for example, at Monza, it would make sense deploy energy coming out of the first chicane since there is a long flat out section after it but deploying energy after the second chicane would be wasteful because its a very short straight to the next corner.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.6%