AC Multiclass @ Sveg - Mon 01 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If you are struggling to keep the LMP on the track for a single quali lap...maybe it's best not to drive the LMP? My race was ruined and I'm sure some others were too by a driver trying to carve his way through the DP's on the first lap and taking us all out...it's common sense surely.

Very disappointing as could have been a great race, but thanks for hosting Craig as always.

@Craig Dunkley Sorry that I left the race. I had to much damage. In the first lap while trying to avoid the pile of cars I hit hard the boarding and in lap3 there was a car coming out of the pit in my raceline so being on top speed I also went into the boarding. After that it was no fun anymore for me as the car spun almost in every turn and I became more of a danger to other cars.

But this setback won't stop me. See you next monday!

Thanks for the info ..no problems, see you soon :thumbsup:

If you are struggling to keep the LMP on the track for a single quali lap...maybe it's best not to drive the LMP? My race was ruined and I'm sure some others were too by a driver trying to carve his way through the DP's on the first lap and taking us all out...it's common sense surely.

Very disappointing as could have been a great race, but thanks for hosting Craig as always.

Never a good idea to learn to drive LMP1 in an event ..Practice and learn offline with the A1 ..the AI will not be pissed at you.

Sorry that you had a bad experience Matt :( ..hope to see you next time.

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting as always.

First time in a LMP type car and enjoyed it. Setup worked really well as stock and I just lowered the aero a few clicks and it was good enough for me. I'm sure more tuning can be had but I enjoy the vehicle dynamics and loose nature with reduced aero.

Had a pretty good plan to cruise to the finish but things got derailed as they do but it was fun nevertheless.

I'm all for people having fun and trying out new cars but just please put the practise in necessary so you're not trying to learn lines and pace during the day of the race.

Thanks as always @Craig Dunkley for tonight:thumbsup:, and congrats to the podium guys too. Wish I could get my head round the Corvette, an acquired taste, like Marmite, or a Triumph Herald:p

There's been some comments here re LMP drivers not up to speed, and not to name names or offend, but surely the LMP's must be quicker in quali to be allowed to start? The start was mayhem and it ruined at least 3 other's races due to them being out of position. I don't want to say more 'cos it's negative, but if you pick an LMP please make sure you can beat AI on 90% before you consider these cars in future:coffee:

Some good racing was had by some :thumbsup:

Not sure how to put this without upsetting anybody. If you are 10 seconds or more of pace in an LMP car, you will most certainly cause problems for others. If you are 10 seconds off pace in a GT3 or GTE no real problem..the field will pull away from you. In an LMP car, the field will not pull away from you, simply because of the huge straight line speed of the LMP. Basically you are going to stay amongst the GTE or GT3 or Prototype cars and that will not make good racing for you or anybody actually...there will be tears and anger for sure.

If you enjoy driving LMP, practice offline with the AI, run a multiclass event with the AI. If you have signed up for LMP in a race event and find that your times are no better than the lower class cars being used, then please change your class...we want all LMP drivers to pull away from the field and only meet up with the slower class during a "blue flag" instance ...LMP drivers running at the same speed as the lower class cars will never work and always cause issues :thumbsup:

I certainly do not want to stop or stand in the way of anybody wanting to drive LMP, but please learn your trade offline :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums in both classes ...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and congrads to all that managed to finish this event :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PS ..changing the day next week to a Tuesday and it will not be "multiclass" because Joel will be doing "multiclass" events now on a Sunday.

If you prefer a Tuesday or not? ..just let me know ...I am happy with Monday's or Tuesday's going forwards :thumbsup:

Mondays for me! Totally selfish reasons, work related 'n all. And Tuesday doesn't give the time to practice for the Weds event... if that makes sense:roflmao:

Last edited:
What a surreal race that was, thought i had finally lost the plot, second lap, settling in, in last place,
big accident. At first as i saw an LMP car, thought it was just that class coming together.
looked at realtime i was 3rd. eventually 2nd, i had overtaken 1 corvette, then 1st, When Henri
just disappeared. from last to first with one overtake.
Henri was soon catching, with that and trying to go a bit quicker ran a kerb flat out, me gone in a big
way.
Settled back into the inevitable 2nd place, then overtook an LMP car, then started to race it.
No i must be dreaming all this surely, then Henri disappeared again, i cross the finish line,
just one more lap, no fuel, basically coasted in 4th gear expecting to be caught, the occasional LMP
car wizzes past. by the time i get back to the pits having completed 17 laps, most gone home.
Hit myself over the head with a rubber mallet a few times, no it’s all real.:confused:

That was certainly an unusual event.

Thanks to @Craig Dunkley for all his efforts putting on this event.:):thumbsup:

What a surreal race that was, thought i had finally lost the plot, second lap, settling in, in last place,
big accident. At first as i saw an LMP car, thought it was just that class coming together.
looked at realtime i was 3rd. eventually 2nd, i had overtaken 1 corvette, then 1st, When Henri
just disappeared. from last to first with one overtake.
Henri was soon catching, with that and trying to go a bit quicker ran a kerb flat out, me gone in a big
way.
Settled back into the inevitable 2nd place, then overtook an LMP car, then started to race it.
No i must be dreaming all this surely, then Henri disappeared again, i cross the finish line,
just one more lap, no fuel, basically coasted in 4th gear expecting to be caught, the occasional LMP
car wizzes past. by the time i get back to the pits having completed 17 laps, most gone home.
Hit myself over the head with a rubber mallet a few times, no it’s all real.:confused:

That was certainly an unusual event.

Thanks to @Craig Dunkley for all his efforts putting on this event.:):thumbsup:

Indeed m8 ..you had a great race ...well done :thumbsup:

@RobertR1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

[AC_APPS]
ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0 change 0 to a 1
SCALE_STEP=0.1

there is one one aero app in the side bar.

Spent ages trying to find a write up on this.:(

@RobertR1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini

[AC_APPS]
ENABLE_DEV_APPS=0 change 0 to a 1
SCALE_STEP=0.1

there is one one aero app in the side bar.

Spent ages trying to find a write up on this.:(

no I have never found one either ..I have the dev apps enable but never use them, I believe there is around 5 apps ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%