AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wednesday 1st December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Han, The Audi class looks a bit top heavy so I have switched to the MX5 . Should be fun trying to stay on the racing line!!:D:D :thumbsup:
Hi Paul, The MX5 has now the majority so if you want, you can take the Audi if you like.

Terrific fun lads! Congrats to Andre on the MX5 win. Not much to say from my side, started from first and then ran off a bit. Challenged myself to get into the 44s to keep things entertaining which I finally did at the end. Thanks Andre for some entertainment when coming around :D

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211201-Hk0

VR onboard (where again I forgot to remove the overlay, heh):

Last edited:
Hi Logan,

You can have a great practice tonight with the Audi TT or Mazda MX5! Already 22 sign ups! It's going to be epic!
This made me double-check the start time :thumbsup:...I've been missing all these great races for no reason! :mad: :confused: Although it is a bit tight as I arrive home from work at 20:30 UTC (15:30 EST)...might miss quali but maybe one day I can have a Checo moment :inlove:

Edit: Don't know how this was posted in this forum thread as I quoted @HF2000 in the GT3 thread. :O_o:

Last edited:
Well,
that went rather nicely :)

Thanks guys for letting me have a good race, I needed that :inlove:

Thanks to Han for organizing ( and especially for inventing another kind of "starting grid shenanigans" so we don´t get bored ;)

The Audis were as big as ever a pain in the bumper especially as they colluded to catch me up at the worst possible spot, my lovingly hated "fishhook corners" :rolleyes:
( Kidding guys, your were well behaved :thumbsup:)

And my special thanks to the guys infighting the whole race behind me which gave me the chance to stumble away.
( Inserts "crates of beer dished out" smiley here)

Having my own beer now, take care guys Carsten

Get up out of that thread! :roflmao:
sorry but have to withdraw from tonight's race. Hopefully should make the next one.
Terrific fun lads! Congrats to Andre on the MX5 win. Not much to say from my side, started from first and then ran off a bit. Challenged myself to get into the 44s to keep things entertaining which I finally did at the end. Thanks Andre for some entertainment when coming around :D

Simresults: https://simresults.net/211201-Hk0

VR onboard (where again I forgot to remove the overlay, heh):

This made me double-check the start time :thumbsup:...I've been missing all these great races for no reason! :mad: :confused: Although it is a bit tight as I arrive home from work at 20:30 UTC (15:30 EST)...might miss quali but maybe one day I can have a Checo moment :inlove:

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the funny race, it ways really enjoyable in the Mazda! I barely equalled my record that was made in the last race here back in April, I assume that's a good thing considering the slippier surface (ok I'm considering this not to admit that I didn't make any progress in 7 months :redface:
Congrats to the podium finishers, thanks Han for organising.

@Dzul it was fun trying to catch you but you were simply too fast for me. Thanks for at least giving me some hope with the error at the last chicane :roflmao:

@mynock15 nice first race, hope you had fun and will remain with us, I'm sure you will progress and have some nice battles in the future.

Last edited:
Race-long battle with Richard and Neil, great to watch them both dicing away lap after lap. Managed to punt the governor off, oop's sorry about that Han. but no harm done. :unsure:
Not much more to say, really enjoyable 45 minutes of racing, a shame Colin was just too far back to join in.
Thank you @HF2000 for a great bit of organising.:)
well done Mazda and Audi podiums.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, really good fun. Sorry to the Audi that hit me at the left hander, not sure who it was. I didn't follow instructions and wasn't predictable! Here's to next time!
Good to have you racing. Finishing is the initial step, then it's building up experience and speed (which I am trying to do, too).

A good final qualifying lap saw me leap up to 3rd on the grid for the Mazdas.

Tricky start, Han jumped the lights and I almost went with him. Then Bjorn, in front of Han, didn't move so I had to swerve right to avoid them both.

P2 after the initial corners and trying to keep Andre honest up front.

Lap 2 I made the first of several errors at the harpin, changing down too soon and over rotating. That let Carsten and Paul through.

I kept pace with them both then started to battle with Paul, which let Carsten get a gap (you're welcome, Carsten).

The pattern after that was - making the error at the hairpin, losing 2-3 seconds then catching Paul again and battling (no contact, though).

Eventually Han caught me up and we had a tap in the slow corners, thanks for waiting. After that I held on to 4th, catching Paul again but ran out of laps.

Always a challenge to try not to trip over the Audis on their way through but it was all pretty good.

Thanks to everyone for the race, congratulations to Chris and Andre for the win.

Last edited:
My first time back in the MX5 since Red Bull ring short and what fun it was!
I really struggled with T1 and the final chicane which lead to a close battle with Doug. But good exits from the hairpin managed to keep Doug at bay for a while but I could see an incoming Han on the radar and hoped that Doug would hold him back enough for me to make a run for the finish line. My prayers were answered when Han and Doug connected giving me a breather with a couple of laps to go.
Doug was catching me at the end and I think Han would have got me too but I was happy to hang on with the the P3 result, even though it was inherited after the start line issues.
Well done to the podiums and thanks Han for organising :thumbsup: .

Great race everyone. Only my second "premium" race here (and first on this track), but that was one of the more enjoyable and respectful multi-class races I've done.

Hope I didn't slow do any mazda's down coming into a turn after a pass. Those straights seemed a bit longer in the single class qualiy than the race :rolleyes:

Hopefully I can make it this weekend here again with the GT4/GT3's :thumbsup:

Congrats to the winners and the finishers :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea