Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This track is called the Cathedral of Speed because it has lots of fast corners. It's mostly famous for the spectacular MotoGP races that are held here but for cars it is also a challenging track with a nice flow. The owners have even the ambition to organize a F1 race here in the future.

So join us for another exciting race and:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3/GT4 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3/GT4 and have a lot of fun at the same time.

1200px-TT_Assen.svg.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (10 min TT, 10 min MX5)
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 45 minutes - Race
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class or you will be kicked from the session.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from an Audi, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the Audi by lifting on a straight, but you don't have to! The Audi driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any Audi. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Event details:
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: TT Assen Autosport, The Netherlands
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 25C air/35C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: starting 94% increasing to 100% after 20 minutes approximately
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all this, but I've signed up with the Mazda - my first online race!

Be gentle please! This could go badly...
Hi Tony

You're very welcome! If your new to online racing, you made a good choice to start with us and in the Mazda. A few things from me.
First please read everything in the 1st en 2nd post of this thread, especially the Golden Rule, the Blue Flag and the qualification parts. Also you have to put your real name in your RD account (under account details you will find an entry field called Real Name.

And also make sure you're can join us on Discord so you can hear the last minute race info and in the race the directions from the drivers of the cars that are lapping you. There's a link in the first post to join RD on Discord. If you have done that, you can navigate to:
1637947364233.jpeg

There you will see the other drivers. You better install the Discord app because the browser version doesn't support push-to-talk.

If you have any questions, just post them here and they will be answered.
If you're are very new to simracing, then don't be disappointed if you off the pace of the others. The learning curve is very steep in the beginning so trust me if I say that speed will come in time. Focus on staying on track and consistency rather than fast lap times.

See you on track!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all this, but I've signed up with the Mazda - my first online race!

Be gentle please! This could go badly...
Welcome Tony. I just started properly online racing here this year here on RD and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm not the fastest but I am learning.

Han's races are usually fair and respectful and you will likely find someone at your pace to race with.

I've just registered for this race too. I waited til my line got sorted out which was done yesterday and it now is working as normal. I've linked my Discord account to whatever it was I linked to (don't ask me) lol, so I have proper Discord access now too so hopefully this time there will be no problems and I'll be able to enjoy my first race with you all. And stop it with the I'm slow, I saw how slow everyone was from 2nd to last after quali. :sneaky:
Haven't raced Assen in a long long time, but IIRC it was using a Renault Clio with a now defunct club REVS and it was good racing too on that track.

The jury is still out if TT Assen agrees with me, but one detail made me shout out with joy :

the "kickable" tire barrier in the last chicane:D !

It even made the right "bumpf" sound when rolling away.
Thats the kind of detail that makes me like a track I can´t drive straight on :rolleyes:

Lets see if I man up and join you on Wednesday

Carsten

Last edited:
I switched to the Mazda as I'm definitely feeling more comfortable there on this track. Made some laps in the weekend and I'm a couple tenth shy of my best lap there, I hope I will be able to beat it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%