AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@TT Assen, Wednesday 1st December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Very nice Han, you look to have a small mig motor and a cube control wheel.
And a very comfortable seat too.
The thing that I find is that the aluminium extrusion gives limitless adjustability.
I now find just an adjustment of a centimetre make a big impact on every thing, which I suppose makes sense when you think how long we spend sitting in the thing. :)
Nice, what's the frame and seat?

I just rembered something:

Han, do you recall me bugging out from the starting grid when we did Vintage Cars tryout @ Deutschlandring?

I sat in the grid and my controls went dead, no pedals, no steering.
Sounds a lot like the problem Björn had this time :cautious:

I had to "teleport to pits" to not disturb the start, then restarted my PC and went to catch up from the pits.

By the time I thought my " bored playing with the H Shifter" had caused the problem and sought the blame with me.
But when Björn had the same problem now and didn´t do anything stupid on the grid then there is a bigger problem with the server setup.

MFG Carsten

I just rembered something:

Han, do you recall me bugging out from the starting grid when we did Vintage Cars tryout @ Deutschlandring?

I sat in the grid and my controls went dead, no pedals, no steering.
Sounds a lot like the problem Björn had this time :cautious:

I had to "teleport to pits" to not disturb the start, then restarted my PC and went to catch up from the pits.

By the time I thought my " bored playing with the H Shifter" had caused the problem and sought the blame with me.
But when Björn had the same problem now and didn´t do anything stupid on the grid then there is a bigger problem with the server setup.

MFG Carsten
Did the car behind you had a jumpstart? Because it was only Bjorn who got this problem and the only visible difference with the other drivers was my jumpstart behind him.

No, I noticed before the lights went out that pedals and wheel stopped working and teleported out of the way.

BTW, nice rig, must feel way better than your old setup. :inlove:

MFG Carsten

Used to chase Han, making no inroads, but knowing his IKEA desk chair was getting further and further away from his pedals and steering wheel, it was always just a matter of time.
Oh well those days are gone.

35D44EF8-1354-4253-80EA-A680A7C0C579.jpeg

Not in any case makes a new chassis a better driver (insert Mazzespin joke here)
Han was a better driver than me on the old equipment and will continue to do so on the new chassis ;)

BTW Han, now that you drive Sebring on a DD wheel, hows hands and shoulders?? :rolleyes:
( And yes, my arms are a little sore from my trainings session :redface:)

I guess the next track will be better "ironed out"

MFG Carsten

Na I´m running my SC2 at 75%, I´m afraid of being called a girl:mad:

And I like the "fighting the car" part even i know that it´s not realistic.
When I was still lapping the Nordschleife the moment you started fighting your car you where in deep s......

MFG Carsten

Na I´m running my SC2 at 75%, I´m afraid of being called a girl:mad:

And I like the "fighting the car" part even i know that it´s not realistic.
When I was still lapping the Nordschleife the moment you started fighting your car you where in deep s......

MFG Carsten
I don't know how to compare our settings. My Bodnar has a max of 30nm. I've scaled it in the wheel configuration (Bodnar software) to 40% and in Assetto Corsa FFB settings the gain to 40%. Does that calculate to 4,8nm?

I don't know how to compare our settings. My Bodnar has a max of 30nm. I've scaled it in the wheel configuration (Bodnar software) to 40% and in Assetto Corsa FFB settings the gain to 40%. Does that calculate to 4,8nm?
Sounds about right. But then there is a per car modifier in the force feedback in game app. I assume setting 150% multiplies the AC gain by 1.5. so it becomes 30Nm x .4 x .4 x 1.5

I don’t take much notice of settings other than enough to make the wheel feel as though it is attached to the car and road. That equates to about 7nM.
When Rasmus is faster than me with a game controller, sort of put it into perspective.
:-/

I really don´t know, I´m using 35 ( eggnocks or whatever AC´s skale is :rolleyes:) and it`s quite visceral,my rig gets shaken quite severely. Add the tactile feedback and it´s a lot to enjoy.

Probably I could be faster and more consistant with a more subdued setup ( as i often get lapped by a logitec pilot) but where´s the fun in that?

In the end it´s ( at least for me ) a way to not go stir crazy in this trying times.

MFG Carsten

Nice Han! In researching upgrades I read that personalised gloves are worth at least 3 tenths.

Some interesting stuff in this thread surrounding graphic and performance. I have worked in IT/infosec for 25 years but know nothing about optimising games. However, just one thing I thought I would share is I had the most horrendous performance in VR with AC, with constant stuttering and frame drops. I have a fast PC (3090 GPU and a AMD 5800X CPU so found this incredibly frustrating, tried all sorts of settings, drivers etc..

None of it helped at all, then I I randomly stumbled across somebody on reddit saying turn of spectators somewhere in that CSP thingy... Did that and I had a different PC entirely, I run a HP G2 on 200% super sampling full settings on everything and it never misses a beat. Don't know if thats a VR issue only but the difference it made was astonishing given I only turned off a few cardboard cutouts of people in the stadiums.

Nice Han! In researching upgrades I read that personalised gloves are worth at least 3 tenths.

Some interesting stuff in this thread surrounding graphic and performance. I have worked in IT/infosec for 25 years but know nothing about optimising games. However, just one thing I thought I would share is I had the most horrendous performance in VR with AC, with constant stuttering and frame drops. I have a fast PC (3090 GPU and a AMD 5800X CPU so found this incredibly frustrating, tried all sorts of settings, drivers etc..

None of it helped at all, then I I randomly stumbled across somebody on reddit saying turn of spectators somewhere in that CSP thingy... Did that and I had a different PC entirely, I run a HP G2 on 200% super sampling full settings on everything and it never misses a beat. Don't know if thats a VR issue only but the difference it made was astonishing given I only turned off a few cardboard cutouts of people in the stadiums.
Will give this a try and will let you know if it makes any difference without VR!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back