AC Multiclass Audi TT,Mazda MX5 @ RedBullRing, Wednesday 23th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hhi Andre, you're very welcome and we would love to have you.

Bram is a busy man and doesn't respond always immediately. When did you send him the request for access to s.gp?

You should be able to access the practice server already because that's not on s.gp. Just search for 'racedepartment' for the server. Make sure you have all the content installed otherwise you won't see the server.

That's Andre sorted and signed up for Wednesday. Thanks everyone.

I'm afriad I'd prefer to drive one or the other. I was trying the Audi TT this time around, and don't want to drive the mazda afterwards in this case. Does this mean I can not take part? Once the race is over I want to practice for the GT3 race.

I'm afriad I'd prefer to drive one or the other. I was trying the Audi TT this time around, and don't want to drive the mazda afterwards in this case. Does this mean I can not take part? Once the race is over I want to practice for the GT3 race.
You can switch cars until the event starts. As preparation for the GT3 cars the MX5 is probably the best because of it's rear wheel drive.

Last edited:
That was close racing with Richard, Colin and Paul. Glad I could chase you guys for 40 minutes. ;)
Thanks Han, and congrats to the winners.
I´m afraid I can´t say the same thing, after the first two laps the Mazda field was spread rather thin.
Overlooking the hickup in the Rindt Corner it was rather uneventfull.

I´ve written Han that I can´t decide who was at fault for that collision, so with a coffee and some ice on my thumb the case is closed for me.

See you next week.

MFG Carsten

Thanks for organising Han
Sorry to @Shed 17 who I knocked while you were lapping me, I think I knocked @Programmer_Rich as well. Sorry about that. Don't think it did too much harm luckily. Had a good start but put myself into a horrible inside line on first turn and came out there last. Then when trying to catch David I slid and lost about 6 or 7 seconds. Slowly caught him but made a mistake when the Audi's lapped me, where i knocked Richard and Paul. Lost another 10 seconds and started chasing David again. As I got to within a few seconds, i spun a little and lost about 6 seconds again. Then started catching and lost time again when I was lapped by Audi's. Got nervous because you were 4 cars and didn't want to ruin what seemed like a fantastic battle. Then with 10 minutes left I was about 10 seconds behind David. Was catching him by a second to 2 a lap and he ran wide or spun with about 3 laps to go and I could pass him. Not a great race for me, but was still fun chasing down David all race.
Thanks again for organising and congrats to the winners and podiums.

Very intense race from start to finish. The last three laps are worth a watch to see some close racing with Paul. Just lost the third place I'd held all race:-(

I've already sent Carsten an apology for my clumsy move.

If I'm forced into the Mazda next week then you can all get your own back!

Last edited:
It was indeed a bit lonely but I enjoyed the race nonetheless. I managed a good start but somehow couldn't get on the pace from the weekend's practice. Had a few fun laps following Andre but he was a second too fast. I made no mistakes though so that was a good thing. It was a challenge to let a train of Audis by on the middle sector without losing time but also fun. I'm sorry to hear about your incident Carsten, I hope your thumb is ok. Thanks for organising again Han! Looking forward to the next one. May jump in the Audi depending on the track. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for joining us tonight. Glad to hear the Audis in midfield had a good time! Too bad it wasn't the same for the Mazdas :(.

It's always nice to win a race, but only the first 7-8 laps were a bit exciting because Thomas was able to follow me within 2 seconds. But later as the gap widened I only had to watch out for big mistakes as I could afford small ones.

Thanks to the Mazdas for all my overtaking. Very decent and respectful behavior from you :thumbsup:.

Next week is something we've never done before and I hope to get more action for everyone.
I'll set it up tomorrow. Please, let me know if you don't like it.

Sorry to @Shed 17 who I knocked while you were lapping me, I think I knocked @Programmer_Rich as well. Sorry about that. Don't think it did too much harm luckily. Had a good start but put myself into a horrible inside line on first turn and came out there last. Then when trying to catch David I slid and lost about 6 or 7 seconds. Slowly caught him but made a mistake when the Audi's lapped me, where i knocked Richard and Paul. Lost another 10 seconds and started chasing David again. As I got to within a few seconds, i spun a little and lost about 6 seconds again. Then started catching and lost time again when I was lapped by Audi's. Got nervous because you were 4 cars and didn't want to ruin what seemed like a fantastic battle. Then with 10 minutes left I was about 10 seconds behind David. Was catching him by a second to 2 a lap and he ran wide or spun with about 3 laps to go and I could pass him. Not a great race for me, but was still fun chasing down David all race.
Richard if you did touch me I can't remember it so at must have been slight - definitely no apology needed but thanks anyway.

Generally, Mazda drivers, I think you all did a great job trying to avoid the frantic four way Audi battle that myself, Colin, Paul, and Pete were in - but apologies if it caused us to make tighter dives past when lapping than we should have.

Missed Patrick, he may very well slowly disappear into the distance, but at least I race with hope and a "dot" to follow, just a very lonely race for me, interspersed with a flurry of Audi's.
Could not even keep them long enough insight to watch them all battling away.
Thankyou @HF2000 Han for the race, and I did laugh at how we both did not want to cause each other problems in the lapping bit of the race. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ;)

PS looking forward to the surprise.

All of that in reverse! @RFE3rd was clearly faster than me all race but he had a series of unlucky incidents which let me get away until near the end when I pushed too hard under pressure and half spun. I was annoyed with myself as, while i was slow, I had been consistent until then. I don't know what I did differently between practicing on Monday and racing today but I lost about 2-3s per lap.

I agree with Han's summary that it's a good track but needs a bigger field.

Thanks to @HF2000 for organising! Looking forward to next week.

Last edited:
No worries Richard (RFE3rd), I did wonder where you were going to end up as you moved over to the right through turn 6 and surprised me when you came back on track but no harm done.
That has to go down as one of the best battles I have been involved in. The car was a bit sluggish with the full fuel load on and I just tried to settle in to a rhythm as Richard B went past on lap one. But things got exciting as the fuel went down and the car came alive allowing me to run close in a four way battle with Colin, Richard and Pete.I made a mistake and locked the brakes going into to turn 1 and trying to avoid contact with Richard and Pete got past leaving me in P6 and the last of the Audi’s.
Careful use of the P2P and catching the Mazdas meant I got past Richard again with a side by side and late on the brakes move down the hill into turn 5. Richard gave me a tap which I managed to save and his apology over the airwaves and my response must have distracted me as I lost the back end big time going into the off-camber turn 6. Richard had nowhere to go and took to the gravel and Pete joined in the fun as I managed to save the slide and keep going. Sorry Richard, I’m sure it would have been a great battle right to the end.

I then set off after Colin and with a few saved up P2P moments and Colin negotiating Mazdas, I managed the pass in the closing laps to take P3 and a podium..

I want to say a big thank you to all the Mazda guys, it must have been a scary sight seeing the four of us coming up in your mirrors and well done to Han and Ernie for the wins. It wasn’t long ago that I was driving the Mazda and it’s not easy to keep them on the track while wondering where that pesky Audi is, never mind four of them all at once! Thanks to Colin, Richard and Pete for making it one to remember.

Guys, that was fun! Really took it easy @ the start, was the first standing start, Raul overtook me because he was more aggressive than me. Good job Raul! I managed to overtake Raul and pull away from him and gained a bit @ 2nd place, but then a Audi who lapped me made mistake in front of me and I was distracted from him doing that so that I spun off in the last corner, then Raul overtook me again and I overtook him again, and we were lonely on track from there.

Although coming from iRacing where the cars and tracks look the same, the car handling is 100% different. Especially the braking is a huge difference. In AC when you brake the car stops immediatly with almost no tail braking. So I really have to adjust that because i have the feeling I'm braking too much before the corners.

Thanx guys!

BTW really curious which track we drive next week!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back