AC Multiclass Audi TT,Mazda MX5 @ RedBullRing, Wednesday 23th June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. We will follow the F1 teams to the RedBullRing again this week. It is a fast and relatively short circuit with no more than 10 corners of which only one is slow. Full grid multiclass at this track promises to be spectacular as we can expect the Audis to round the Mazdas three times on this limited overtaking circuit. It will therefore demand a lot from our driver discipline.

So join us for another exciting race event and sign up here:

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!
By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Austria_Circuit.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Red Bull Ring
  • Track Temps: 27C air/37C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 10 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification 20min (10min TT, 10min MX5)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
IMPORTANT:
  • Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.
  • Blue Flags: If an MX5 driver gets a Blue Flag from a TT, he has to stay on the racing line to be predictable. You can help the TT by lifting on the straight, but you don't have to! The TT driver is responsible for a safe overtake. Losing time doing this is part of the game and applies to any TT. If you receive a blue flag from your own class, the normal rules apply.

Server Name:
  • Practice Server: #04
  • Race Server: SGP
  • Backup RD server #05
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Incident reporting: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-incident-reporting.187534/

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

See you on track!

Entry list:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

In with the Audi, so I'm sure that in some way or another I will be in the mid of the pack :roflmao:
I love this track, so happy that we're racing here.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i would like to join the races, i'm premium member.
I allready send a question to Bram, but no reply so fare, if somebody can help me plzzzzzz :)
Hhi Andre, you're very welcome and we would love to have you.

Bram is a busy man and doesn't respond always immediately. When did you send him the request for access to s.gp?

You should be able to access the practice server already because that's not on s.gp. Just search for 'racedepartment' for the server. Make sure you have all the content installed otherwise you won't see the server.

Last edited:
Shame I can't race on Wednesday.

This is my first experience driving the track, on the RD practice server tonight, and it's enjoyable and challenging.

I watched Han for a couple of laps and found where I need to improve to get my laptime down. :)

I am starting to get to grips with the Mazda, too.

Last edited:
Shame I can't race on Wednesday.

This is my first experience driving the track, on the RD practice server tonight, and it's enjoyable and challenging.

I watched Han for a couple of laps and found where I need to improve to get my laptime down. :)

I am starting to get to grips with the Mazda, too.
Hi Douglas,
Yes, I saw you improving fast! Pity you can't join but I hope we will see you on track again in future events!

I'd vote for that, given the laps I have done. :)

Well... chaps, hear me out. Last night I was doing laps for practice with Dave, Doug and Andre on the Mazdas when Han passed us by in his Audi... and I got the idea of having a double race at the Red Bull Ring, just like Formula 1 does these consecutive weekends. Where's the catch?

On the first race (this week) you take one of the classes... say, I take the Mazda.
On the second race (next week) you take the other class, say, I'd take the Audi.

I think in this way we all can have a fun, truly multi-class experience. Whaddya think Han @HF2000 ?

Oh yeah... good morning! :coffee:

Last edited:
What's the PW for the practice server? oh it's on simgp right? I don't know why the stupid thing won't save the pw..

You can get on the practice server through the game online browser, just type " Racedepartment" in the search.

Server password has changed, Bram has posted it in the premium members section.

Well... chaps, hear me out. Last night I was doing laps for practice with Dave, Doug and Andre on the Mazdas when Han passed us by in his Audi... and I got the idea of having a double race at the Red Bull Ring, just like Formula 1 does these consecutive weekends. Where's the catch?

On the first race (this week) you take one of the classes... say, I take the Mazda.
On the second race (next week) you take the other class, say, I'd take the Audi.

I think in this way we all can have a fun, truly multi-class experience. Whaddya think Han @HF2000 ?

Oh yeah... good morning! :coffee:
Yes I like the idea. In fact shortly after I started the multiclass events I had the same idea. On s.gp it's possible to do championships for two of more events and I tried to set up a two event championship (2x25 min) on the same night but with switching cars. Unfortunately s.gp doesn't facilitate switching cars within a championship. So it has to be separated events with no combined results and with a gentleman's agreement to switch cars. I can't force that.

Let's see if we get more feedback on your post for your idea. For me it's easy to set up the same event twice.
Although I have an interesting and probably fun idea for the second race on the Red Bull Ring.

Last edited:
I´m not looking forward to driving the "armored transport" on RBR, but i´d do it to stay part of the team :redface:

( if someone could teach how to map the PtP to a wheel button.
First try I failed miserably)

MFG Carsten

I´m not looking forward to driving the "armored transport" on RBR, but i´d do it to stay part of the team :redface:

( if someone could teach how to map the PtP to a wheel button.
First try I failed miserably)

MFG Carsten
Options, Contols, secondary, KERS activation. It shows in the lower right hand corner of dash.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back