AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Mosport, Wednesday 11th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
15 participants: 8 TT and 7 MX5. I'll switch to the Mazda to get some race practice with it as preparation for the FAT ALFIE Championship next week.

Last edited:
I have to stop doing this.:rolleyes:

I´m always worked up and sweaty afterwards. ;)

Great race guys, I´ve just bragged about you in front of my friends how clean and gentleman like you race.

And of course thanks to Han for setting things up and keeping it interesting :thumbsup:

See you in the jungle

Carsten

( And, btw, HANdalf, I did pass you !!:))

(Please nobody do mention that he actively got out of the way :redface:)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for racing. From what I've heard on Discord a lot of you had a great race! Again, I think very decent and respectful racing :thumbsup: !
I had luck with a good start so I could pass Andre and that Allan took a spin when he left Moss corner. The whole race I was 1-3 seconds behind Axel but he's like a Swiss clockwork, very consistent so no chance to get into attack mode. Happy with 2nd and that I broke several times my PB in the race. It was quite some time since I raced the MX5 but this was a good rehearsel for next week.

Next week the first race from the FAT ALFIE Championship. Tomorrow I will open a thread for it so we can have conversation for this event and the championship. And I will have some information that can help you.

Congrats to the podium!

@Axel Moebius : Welcome back! Too bad you didn't join my secret event yesterday. It would have been a home race for you at Bremgarten!

Last edited:
Thanks for the race again and thanks for organising, Han.

Poor qualifying and untidy race, starting on lap 1 when I tripped over a spinning Raul on the exit of Moss and left myself, Raul and Dave well adrift.

A few mistakes through the race and didn't find decent pace until the end when I was scrapping with Raul. Set my fastest time on the final lap, almost into the 1.32s.

Respectful driving, as usual.

On to the championship round 1!

Race report. :rolleyes:
Really enjoyed that, one of the best battles I have had with Thomas, we swapped the lead, fought next to each other for lap after lap until I took a cheeky pass on a Mazda, sorry Han, the irony of it was that Thomas had got a tyre on the dirt on corner previously so I did not need to do that.
Richard, Paul and Colin were waiting in the wings to grab Thomas and my place, you could almost feel them waiting for an off from both or either of us.
Really close race between the Audi's just needed a mistake and you were passed, the Mazdas shook that group up, so it was then just Colin shadowing me.
Had all the right luck at the right time, Neil was not up to speed, but I noticed his pace improving, so lucky he started 5 or 6 places back. Pheew, just no time to make an impact.
I hope everyone had a great race, also lucky I squeezed past the Mazda of Han, I would have been in the preverbal if I had not judged it reasonably well. :confused:
Cheers @HF2000 Han for organising the race.:)

Last edited:
Q3, R2 - best every result thanks for Thomas' very slight mistake. Hounded Ernie for the remaining 20mins but I didn't have much luck with the pesky Mazda's at the hairpin.

Ernie obviously didn't put a foot wrong so that was my first second place.

Really enjoyed the flow of this track and the TT felt well suited. Let's see what the mighty GT-R makes of it on Sunday....

That was weird! Has anyone ever had this happen? You find a really nice balanced set up in the practice session but when it comes to qualifying, the car feels completely different. :O_o:
I was capable of mid 24 second laps ( without P2P assistance) in the actual live practice session in the server and saved the set up. I waited for the qualifying to start, checked that I had the set up loaded with qualifying fuel but as soon as I got out on track I could feel something wasn’t right. The car felt like an old shopping trolly with understeer then oversteer and brakes that locked at the slightest touch. I did a few laps to see if it was just me but was about 2 seconds off where I expected to be.
I went back to the pits to check the set up but couldn’t see anything wrong.
Added fuel for the race, saved the same set up and loaded it. I was at the back of the Audi grid but the car felt better in the race on race fuel even though I struggled to make progress.
I did manage to catch Carsten when he was passing Mazda’s but the car still didn’t have the pace to attack. I got alongside when Carsten waited behind Dave but I held back to avoid any incident. My best lap was somewhere around what I expected at the end but something was definitely off.
But well done to the podiums, nice race Carsten, you handled the tank well and thanks to Han for organising a very friendly race of extremely well behaved drivers.:thumbsup:

That was weird! Has anyone ever had this happen? You find a really nice balanced set up in the practice session but when it comes to qualifying, the car feels completely different. :O_o:
I was capable of mid 24 second laps ( without P2P assistance) in the actual live practice session in the server and saved the set up. I waited for the qualifying to start, checked that I had the set up loaded with qualifying fuel but as soon as I got out on track I could feel something wasn’t right. The car felt like an old shopping trolly with understeer then oversteer and brakes that locked at the slightest touch. I did a few laps to see if it was just me but was about 2 seconds off where I expected to be.
I went back to the pits to check the set up but couldn’t see anything wrong.
Added fuel for the race, saved the same set up and loaded it. I was at the back of the Audi grid but the car felt better in the race on race fuel even though I struggled to make progress.
I did manage to catch Carsten when he was passing Mazda’s but the car still didn’t have the pace to attack. I got alongside when Carsten waited behind Dave but I held back to avoid any incident. My best lap was somewhere around what I expected at the end but something was definitely off.
But well done to the podiums, nice race Carsten, you handled the tank well and thanks to Han for organising a very friendly race of extremely well behaved drivers.:thumbsup:
Weird. Could you have accidentally overwritten your setup with the default setup?

Did wonder where you got too as your practice times were very good.

The more I see you guys write about it, after every event, the more I wonder if I'm spoiled with you chaps. :laugh:

That was indeed an exemplary race for sportsmanship. I was doing my laps with a continuous chatter of faster drivers informing the slower drivers whether they were going to make a pass left or right. It may sound strange but far from being distracting it was a boost, it gave me a feeling that I could keep pushing (while trying to catch Dave or Doug or trying not to get caught by them) because I was in a "safe" racing environment. Whenever my little Mazda was about to get lapped (almost all) the Audis found their way past in an efficient manner, by communicating ahead their intentions either on the radio or by positioning their car on track. I had the feeling there was respect among peers, from everyone in the race and that is something i really appreciate from this group. It really shapes the experience in a very positive way and it has been like that from the beginning, but this past race it was the most evident to me. So, I just wanted to emphasize that and thank you lot for it again. This group proves that hard racing and sportsmanship can be achieved in simracing... consistently! :D

My race was a bog. I managed a good Qualy lap on the 33's in the Mazda but botched my advantage on lap 1... I had a good start and was trying to achieve a careful entry into Moss when the teal Mazda next to me braked late and grabbed the inside. I had to go wide not to hit him compromising the ideal line, and by trying to avoid clipping the inside kerbs on exit ended up stepping on the grass and caressing the wall with my left rear, which sent my car into Dave's exit trajectory (apologies again @davejevons). We touched and spun and somehow got Doug in the mix (sorry @Douglas Aird).

After that I was dead last and went into catch-up mode. I was doing good progress closing in on Dave when the Audis first caught up. Lost almost two seconds then on traffic but kept on the hunt. Eventually I caught up with Dave and Doug and managed to pass them when they (separately) had a spin-out. On the last laps traffic got much more spicy with all those fights for position among the Audis, which didn't help my pace but Doug's, who managed to catch up. We had a good fight for several laps, trading places, until I had a bad exit at Moss (my bane this race) due to more spicy traffic. After that Doug managed to build a short but consistent gap I couldn't bridge on my fading tyres.

My last lap was one for the books as four (or was it five?) Audis fighting for position flew past by me, simultaneously, on the left and the right at the Andretti Straightaway. I had a double-with-cheese 'Zonta moment' right there. :confused: It was fun though!

Thanks again for the organisation Han, looking forward to starting the Championship next week! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies