AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Mosport, Wednesday 11th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Weird. Could you have accidentally overwritten your setup with the default setup?

Did wonder where you got too as your practice times were very good.
Something odd Colin, I have been having problems for a week or two now, Windows audio drivers playing silly games and other strange things going on. But just loaded up the game again with my qualifying set up and did a 24.5 so it must have been using the default with no ABS for a while. Last night I thought I was back in the Alfa that we used in Tuesdays event! :D
Congrats on P2 and your practice and qualifying times were brilliant.:thumbsup:

Great race guys!

I really had a very interesting qually, spinning off 4 times in a row made me wonder if I could post a lap at all! So I took it easy, I was pushing way to hard, right after that set a 2nd time on the grid out of nothing! So pushing is not the key sometimes, I was basically overdriving the car.

With a ver poor start Han and Allan overtook me, for the first time I had a little fight with Han, being on his bumper for 2 laps. Han is also the racer who places his car in the right position leaving the attacker no choice to take the long way around the defender. :ninja:

It made me realise, we are racing with a bunch of quick, consistant, respectfull, petrolheads who are just having fun, but on track we are taking it very serious and leaving no prisoners!

Later on I made a mistake hitting the Apex literally!! on the inside of turn 1 touching the wall... and left me at 7 secs behind Han and in front of Allan by 2,5 secs. It stayed that for about 30 minutes!

So like I said! Great consistant quick driving guys!

The Audi's
One thing occured to me since last week. Some clean and very competitive driving and respectfull with the little Mazda's, especially this race, waiting for the mazda before the turns although it's costing a little time for them.

I have one little advice as a Mazda driver. On the straights it is very tempting to drive towards the mazda in its slipstream and change direction @ the last second, leaving the Mazda no chance to make a move towards a corner for example.

My advice is, let us know where you are going in advance, it makes life a bit easier not having to look so much in out mirrors. :geek:

Great racing !!!!!!

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that, one of the best battles I have had with Thomas, we swapped the lead, fought next to each other for lap after lap
Thanks Ernie for this great battle, it was a blast. Close racing at the same pace and giving each other enough room I guess thats why we are doing and enjoying this.
It could have lasted even longer if I didn't make that slight mistake.
Just watched replay again, got understeer in that corner and touched the dirt only by some inches which was enough to spin immediately, what a shame, would have been interesting to go on with that battle.
After my spin which sent me 180 degrees in the wrong direction in mid track I was looking that I don't ruin anyone elses race whilst rejoining. Unfortunately I think Richard hit me as he had to go on the inside whilst lapping.
So sorry for the contact and him spinning but there was no chance for me as I was already off the ideal line on the very right so that was just bad luck.
Could close the gap to the guys in front afterwards but unfortunately race was over too soon to get them in a fight for position.
Thanks Han for organizing and thx for the great racing with you guys. Cu next time.

Thanks Ernie for this great battle, it was a blast. Close racing at the same pace and giving each other enough room I guess thats why we are doing and enjoying this.
It could have lasted even longer if I didn't make that slight mistake.
Just watched replay again, got understeer in that corner and touched the dirt only by some inches which was enough to spin immediately, what a shame, would have been interesting to go on with that battle.
After my spin which sent me 180 degrees in the wrong direction in mid track I was looking that I don't ruin anyone elses race whilst rejoining. Unfortunately I think Richard hit me as he had to go on the inside whilst lapping.
So sorry for the contact and him spinning but there was no chance for me as I was already off the ideal line on the very right so that was just bad luck.
Could close the gap to the guys in front afterwards but unfortunately race was over too soon to get them in a fight for position.
Thanks Han for organizing and thx for the great racing with you guys. Cu next time.
I had a bad start to the race and dropped a place on the first corner and had Paul on my rear. He followed closely for a few laps and got past me on the long straight after a bad exit from myself. I made one or two mistakes and when the mazda's came around and the gap increased to almost 3 seconds. Luckily i could find time in the last two corners and catch Paul in the next few laps. We then encountered two mazda's battling at the second and third corners. We sat behind them and as I came around the right hander on the inside line there were these two mazda's and an Audi (Paul) on my left and @thom462 bang in front of me. It was just unfortunate, if I was on the racing line I would have missed him but unfortunately saw him too late as I was concentrating on not hitting anyone on my outside. No worries Thomas, it wasn't your fault, just a racing incident. That put me in last and I could catch up to Casper at least and put in a decent gap until the end of the race. Got into the 1m24s at least and put in a few consistent lap times. Also found one or two quick lines for the GT3's on Sunday. So was not a wasted race at all.

Thanks @HF2000 for organising. To echo the sentiments being shared here. This group of people really makes for fun and clean racing. Even for a slow racer like me, you guys do not get angry when I make mistakes and cost you a second or two when lapping. And the respect between drivers is really nice. Every now and then I try a public server and realise how spoiled we are as a group to have high quality relatively incident free racing.

I have no problem with the Mazda's I just know their racing lines, which tells me where they are going to be through the whole corner and straights in their next corner approach.

Even if I go for the smaller gap to their right I know they don't want to affect their speed with sudden movements. And they soon spot the Audi to their right or in some cases left.

But that totally relies on the Mazda's always completely ignoring the Audi's and running their own race.

And that applies to Mazda drivers that live on planet earth or come from a galaxy far far away. :D

Ernie, don't assume that all Mazda drivers know the ideal line on every corner, especially us slower ones (that's why we are slow, sometimes). :)

I'm tempted to go back and try to find the proper, faster, way through Clayton as I think that's where I was losing half a second of time.

Last edited:
That’s a fair comment Douglas, but I do not expect all to be like Han, by racing line I mean an obvious trajectory, fine detail is for the faster drivers.
And I also meant but did not say it, a glance at the leader board app is a good indicator to who you are about to overtake.
You are a very competent driver, so I would expect you not to be that far from the racing line and that is exactly what happened in the race.
I think a Mazda in that race had to come across Audi’s about three times.
:)

And I also meant but did not say it, a glance at the leader board app is a good indicator to who you are about to overtake.
Since a couple of races I have the "driver's name" activated in game, and the leader board just below the left mirror. Like you said, it helps seeing who's behind and ahead. Definitely a handy feature for our multi-class races. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That was weird! Has anyone ever had this happen? You find a really nice balanced set up in the practice session but when it comes to qualifying, the car feels completely different. :O_o:
I´ve experienced this several times in an otherwise stable system:

setups that I stored for sure where there only by name, the values reset to base setup.
So i got used to check the values after opening a stored setup and now catch it before the start.

MFG Carsten

I´ve experienced this several times in an otherwise stable system:

setups that I stored for sure where there only by name, the values reset to base setup.
So i got used to check the values after opening a stored setup and now catch it before the start.

MFG Carsten
Thanks Carsten, will check before setting out next time.:thumbsup:

This is not uncommon for me to be a second off the pace when I enter the race and qualifying.
This always was confusing, especially as I know my setups back to front,
eventually it started to become clear that I have a habit of resting my feet ( cannot feel my feet, not a good start :roflmao::roflmao: ) on the brake or accelerator or both.
So I was scrabbling to make apexes ( foot resting on the accelerator ), or lower top speed because I was resting my foot on the brake. Obvious degrees of time loss for both of these situations.

You could also have an intermittent problem with your pedals ( mechanical or electrical ).

Now I use a lot of dead zone on both peddles + I have the pedal app on display at all times.

Probably of no help, but you never know.:)

This is not uncommon for me to be a second off the pace when I enter the race and qualifying.
This always was confusing, especially as I know my setups back to front,
eventually it started to become clear that I have a habit of resting my feet ( cannot feel my feet, not a good start :roflmao::roflmao: ) on the brake or accelerator or both.
So I was scrabbling to make apexes ( foot resting on the accelerator ), or lower top speed because I was resting my foot on the brake. Obvious degrees of time loss for both of these situations.

You could also have an intermittent problem with your pedals ( mechanical or electrical ).

Now I use a lot of dead zone on both peddles + I have the pedal app on display at all times.

Probably of no help, but you never know.:)
Thanks Ernie, :thumbsup: a few races ago when watching the replay I noticed my brakes lights coming on outside of the normal braking zones. When I checked the pedal setups I found that the brake was coming on when I touched the clutch pedal so a dead zone sorted that one out but will check the pedal app going forward and service the pedals. But it is also easy to rest your feet on the pedals in the heat of battle.
I think AC was having a wobble with the set up as it seems OK now. My son who casually races on an Xbox has said that this happens to him now and then and has to set up the car each time.

That’s a fair comment Douglas, but I do not expect all to be like Han, by racing line I mean an obvious trajectory, fine detail is for the faster drivers.
You are a very competent driver, so I would expect you not to be that far from the racing line and that is exactly what happened in the race.
I think a Mazda in that race had to come across Audi’s about three times.
:)
I was just trying to explain a bit what I was experiencing, it simply leaves me no chance to make a move when an Audi is appoaching me.

You can have all those apps and helping things but, the speed difference is on the straight quite significant, so changing direction at the last time makes me just sit there.

I hope you know what I mean and I'm not trying to attack anyone with this, just trying to help :thumbsup:

I think this will be an ongoing discussion though :)

I was just trying to explain a bit what I was experiencing, it simply leaves me no chance to make a move when an Audi is appoaching me.

You can have all those apps and helping things but, the speed difference is on the straight quite significant, so changing direction at the last time makes me just sit there.

I hope you know what I mean and I'm not trying to attack anyone with this, just trying to help :thumbsup:

I think this will be an ongoing discussion though
Well, to add something to the discussion, if I see an Audi coming fast and it looks like we'll be arriving at the next corner together, I start turning in a little earlier than I normally would, so it's clear to the Audi driver that a dive bomb is not possible. I lose some time because I'm not on the ideal race line, but less time when I'm forced out.

Well, to add something to the discussion, if I see an Audi coming fast and it looks like we'll be arriving at the next corner together, I start turning in a little earlier than I normally would, so it's clear to the Audi driver that a dive bomb is not possible. I lose some time because I'm not on the ideal race line, but less time when I'm forced out.
So you are "defending against a lapping car??":cautious:

To be clear, I don´t think so !!

You are just predecitable and tell the Audi to "bugger of" till behind the corner which actually may be the least time loss for both of us. ( thinking of a very much bodged pass attempt I made at Quebecks :redface:)

On another note, I had a little time before i´ve to get to work so i tried another race simulation in the jungle.

The Audi AI is completely useless, Mazdas not good but serviceable.
So at least one can practise how and where to "recycle" them. ( Kidding of course ;))

MFG Carsten

@ Han

It occured to me that you also doing that in the Audi...
You are showing your line in advance, or showing that you are not going to overtake,
which is exactly my point!

Show what you are doing in advance (if not fighting for position)

Help each other :D

Last edited:
@ Han

It occured to me that you also doing that in the Audi...
You are showing your line in advance, or showing that you are not going to overtake,
which is exactly my point!

Show what you are doing in advance (if not fighting for position)

Help each other :D
Hi Andre, good to hear that. Yes after I made my decision not to overtake a Mazda before the turn I'll try to make that clear to the Mazda driver so he knows that he can safely hold the raceline. It serves both because the faster the Mazda goes through the turn, the less time I loose there.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back