AC Multiclass Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Barcelona City, Wed 11th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This was a truly fun race! :roflmao:

Busy grid, narrow sectors, sweeping corners, armco galore, and the Mazdas were flying here... a lot to like and enjoy! I struggled to find "the" racing line during the weekend but found one that got me into a good rhythm and so I managed to put myself at the front of the grid on qualy. I had a good start and right from lap one the scraps for position began... I had great chases and battles with Richard, Thomas and Jari throughout the race. I could keep them at bay at the first stint but on the last ones my forearms were screaming murder and so I started making little but killing mistakes, kissing the armco two times that cost me pace and places dearly. On the final lap I was closing in on Jari and had his green MX5 on my sights but we caught up with two other Mazdas... he managed to go through at a good spot and I just barely managed a 'reversed Zonta' that you could call a code brown as well :confused: (check it out below). I was glad I could keep it straight but had no laps left to close in any further... but I really enjoyed the entire race! :D

Congratulations to the winners and podiums! :thumbsup: And thanks again for organising, it was a GREAT choice of track Han, haha! :p I think next week will even things up, looking forward to it... hope to see you all there chaps!

Last edited:
This has for sure been one of my most exciting races so far. Having seen the aliens qualify times, I thought it would have been a backmarker race as usual, but I've been able to qualify in the midfield, which I've been able to in the past as well, but above all I did not made too many errors despite the super slippery road surface and the twisty track. Also, super consistent for my standards, only a couple of bigger errors but I've been able not to spin, and thus not losing too much time.
This time, after some technical intervention (factory reset) the connection also was better and except for a couple times in which everybody seemed to be coming out of a Fast and Furious movie, for the amount of drifting they showed, I didn't suffer any disconnection, just few slowdowns. Today I'll also connect the powerline adapters so hopefully it'll get even better next time (or at least I've done the best I could to to have a stable link).

I've yet to see the replay and I don't know if it was my fault in causing someone's incident at the beginning. I had to drift to the left in the first "S" before T1 to allow some space for other drivers and then saw some mess behind me. If I'm part of the causes for that, I apologize..
After this episode, I've been battling all the race, trying first to get in Ernie's @Kek700 rear bumper (without too much success) then having some nice scratch with other that I can't remember (sorry guys! will check the replay). Successfully managed to keep Steve @gearwhine at a distance, not as well with Thomas @thom462 , and eventually tried to reach Colin @JamKart22 and almost managed to, but my ping restarted to act up a bit and we had to lap @Engli i, so I preferred keeping the place I had rather than risking a complete mess. +3 on the qualify, no big errors, great consistency. What could I ask more? I'm a midfield finisher! YOW!

business shriek.png

Cheers to the podium finishers, great result for Robert @Alfred Wayne , and thanks Han @HF2000 for organising: great, super challenging track.

See you next week!

I don't think I should be given the same trust, as I was sure I'll crash into the fastest guy :roflmao::roflmao:

I could keep with you and Allen for like a lap before first bigger mistake and then it was like you're on another orbit.
Does everybody agree someone should sneak into Fulvios and Allen house and put a brick under their gas pedal?

Ha Ha…:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: if you stick around with our group, you will find occasionally ( or is it rarely :roflmao::roflmao: ) these two guys do not always get their own way, even though I am envious of their undoubted skill, my racing buddy Han has always something up his sleeve.
Our group has quite a few quick drivers, who shine in other tracks and cars.:thumbsup:
You never know what next week will bring, that is what makes it so much fun.

03C126F6-C450-4A73-B5A6-CC5A5390F824.jpeg

I still like the brick idea though.

Last edited:
Well what a great race for @Alfred Wayne.Seeing him in praccy doing a 2:06 i thought, jeez, i was doing 07,s...i need to up my game plan,soooo tinkering with my settings....I like to tinker :cautious:.:whistling: my times were falling into the mid 05,s,then Robert hits 2;05.3 i then hit a 2;05,1 end of play he hits a 2;05.055 i get a 2;05.070.. So 55 hundreths in it...Now the next day :cautious: im hitting the 2:04,830 he pops on and then does a 2;04.719,pops on messages and said I needed a focus to get me into the 04,s :mad:.:mad:,its a bloody good job he,s over the pond i can tell you :roflmao:..:D.You help a guy out with a bit of race craft and stuff and then he whoops your ass...Well in praccy anyway..:D..
Joking aside..Well done Robert you had awesome pace for this race and guys the new 1,s too Robert joined us he was mid packish,now hes up there at the front,my point is, put in the praccy, work on your set-ups you will get there...24 guys on last night,that says a lot..Han knows what i think of him:cautious:.:sneaky:.:whistling:.and this club so i,ll leave it at that..:p.;)..Im still Fulvios Bitch always the bridesmaid never the bride :roflmao:..But i still love it..
Got to give another shoutout to a compadre of mine @Dzul..WD Raul you too had a great race,shame u had a tangle i think u were pushing for a Top 6...
Rest of you guys too great job...Ernie you wrecker pmsl...
Till next time chaps..Stay Safe..

Well, here's some afterhours material for everyone... the
replay of last night's race. No bloopers though :D Enjoy!

https://we.tl/t-3JmDMghTik
looked at your replay from another perspective, I was shocked at how wrong I was about the kerbs, the Mazda is so much more stable.
You hit the wall about three times and watched until that rotter Fulvio caught up.
It did not really affect the Mazda, with the Abarth, just a brush and it is destabilised enough here at this circuit to put you into a wreckage of a spin.
Plus the Mazda is so much better over the kerbs, the Abarth is always made unstable, then starts to bounce, and your heart is in your mouth expecting an off, virtually every time.
The only thing that is a problem, is that at medium speeds and your rear wheel is on the slope of a kerb, which is all I can remember from my Mazda drives.
That is a guaranteed spin.
How wrong I was.:confused:
lesson learned.

oh guys, when I read your recaps I am really sad I couldn't join you. Must have been another really nice race and I did quite well in practise on sunday, consistently hitting 2:06ish times, so I could possibly have joined the top 6-10 in the race :redface:

Sadly my fingers started to snap/lock up again (trigger finger syndrom) as I posted before :poop:. I will try to come back next week for the tierdrop and hopfully I can join a few more races before I have to do my second planned surgery on my twinky in mid februray and make a longer break after that.

It's so sad when you've finally found a hobby that is so much fun and really makes you happy, and than your body can't take it somehow :(:cry:

Last edited:
It surprising how much of a toll this hobby take on your body!

An hour race can leave you wrecked. I keep telling myself to relax but I'm still all tensed up by the end.

Plus, if your setup isn't ergonomically perfect you can end up with strains and aches after long periods of practice.

I have a nice racing chair but the wheel is still attached to a desk. It's as good as it's going to get. I just need to listen to my body and not push it too far.

Hope your surgery works ok.

Last edited:
thanks guys. I already had a surgery last year on my left twinky. that (mostly) fixed the problem there and the right twinky will be operated next month.

what really takes me down is that this week also the middle and ringfinger on both hands started to snap a little. felt like it began on the twinkies last year and of course I don't want to have four more surgeries. worst case really is that I would have to stop simracing :cry::cry::cry:

but I'm not at this point yet. hopefully it was a one-time issue on those fingers. :unsure:

I already reduced the FFB to about 3-4nm (coming from 7-8nm) and adjusted my setup multiple times. that shouldn't really be an issue any more.

and yes, @JamKart22 , simracing is physical and mental sports in my opinion, not just some computer game as most peoply would name it.
Sorry to hear that Johnny. I hope it will turn out well.

The coming Wednesday race is quite gentle on the steering part. I have chosen this one because I have a kind of injury on my shoulder and tight turns hurt the most.
I even selected the lay out without two chicanes for the same reason.

And that it's in favor of the Abarth is a bonus!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Johnny. I hope it will turn out well.

The coming Wednesday race is quite gentle on the steering part. I have chosen this one because I have a kind of injury on my shoulder and tight turns hurt the most.
I even selected the lay out without two chicanes for the same reason.
thanks! I think I'll try the tierdrop because there is no pracitse needed/possible. Sorry to hear you also are handicaped. hopfully it clears out soon for you as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.