AC Multiclass Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Barcelona City, Wed 11th January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes I noticed that, there are kerbs you can really exploit, and kerbs you cannot.
After a while I sort of got that programmed subconsciously into my pea brain.
Assuming every one of laps was not illegal? I only noticed the occasional track limits, appear, occasionally.
I think you can exploit one kerb that does not seem to fail you, giving you the speed, then the next curb you can give some room to so you do not get a warning yet maintaining your pace.
I will try this tomorrow, and see if I am correct.
We should have a good race with mid field Mazda drivers, so even though we are few in numbers, we should have an entertaining race.
I am more concerned about staying on the track, especially as I opened my big gob, saying we would be okay, how wrong can you be.:(

Yes I noticed that, there are kerbs you can really exploit, and kerbs you cannot.
Assuming every one of laps was not illegal? I only noticed the occasional track limits, appear, occasionally.
I think you can exploit one kerb that does not seem to fail you, giving you the speed, then the next curb you can give some room to so you do not get a warning yet maintaining your pace.
We should have a good race with mid field Mazda drivers, so even though we are few in numbers, we should have an entertaining race.
I am more concerned about staying on the track, especially as I opened my big gob, saying we would be okay, how wrong can you be.:(

I think I will be keeping you company, Ernie, unless I can find a chunk of time.

Good points mate, and to be fair, the Abarths have had a good run with Han's equalising to keep it close (a great job indeed), this is just one of those where Mazda's can have a great run, fair do's - and Catrinel Menghia understands, and indeed will smooth my furrowed brow, and other stuff :D:roflmao:

I'll see if I can find for next week a favourable track for the Abarths.
LeMans without chicanes or Monza66:D
Tbh, I think the Fat Alfie tracks have disadvantaged the Mazda's, Abarth thrive on top speed and flowing corners, maybe Silverstone, Spa, Brands GP and similar could get us closer? (the 3 tracks I hate the most other than Monza which I don't do:roflmao:) I'm sure it's tough to find find tracks that equal us out though!

Tbh, I think the Fat Alfie tracks have disadvantaged the Mazda's, Abarth thrive on top speed and flowing corners, maybe Silverstone, Spa, Brands GP and similar could get us closer? (the 3 tracks I hate the most other than Monza which I don't do:roflmao:) I'm sure it's tough to find find tracks that equal us out though!
I have already a very nice track in mind. But you'll have to wait until Thursday after the race:p

Han you know we can't do circuit racing at the drag strip right? :p

I remember silverstone being a pain to try and pass abarths at. Han led a parade of frustrated Mx5s around for at least half the race there if I recall :roflmao:
It helps if you watch the replay from Fulvio perspective. He knows how to overtake me:(. I shouldn't have said that!

Last edited:
Question, can you get the ai at more than 100% in AC/CM? Did some fun races in streets of Barca, but ai is too slow in corners, predictable as well. Is there a way to ramp ‘em up a little?
Yeah you could re-create the AI spline with the AI tool and if that isn't quick enough do AI hints in an extra file to make them go quicker than the algorithm is telling them is possible.

I guess that would take about 20 hours to know what to do, then 5 hours for the AI spline and another 10 hours until the AI hints work correctly for all cars :p

In short: no, mod tracks can be hit and miss with AI. Sometimes better than Kunos tracks, sometimes complete garbage...

If you take the little Ligier S1 around mini-Baku, they will crash into the walls even if alone on track, lol

Yeah you could re-create the AI spline with the AI tool and if that isn't quick enough do AI hints in an extra file to make them go quicker than the algorithm is telling them is possible.

I guess that would take about 20 hours to know what to do, then 5 hours for the AI spline and another 10 hours until the AI hints work correctly for all cars :p

In short: no, mod tracks can be hit and miss with AI. Sometimes better than Kunos tracks, sometimes complete garbage...

If you take the little Ligier S1 around mini-Baku, they will crash into the walls even if alone on track, lol
Haha, ehmm… I’ll keep practicing with these buggers then. Thanks!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 124 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 50 34.5%