AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Jarama, Wed 7th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great track, really liked it.

Was quick on the practice server all week, so hoped for some good racing.

Practice was allright, qualy I couldn't do PB's, just okay.

First laps of the race were quite intense, duelling with Robert and Han. I could only see the guys close behind on the radar, so had to rely on both the radar and the other drivers :cool: . I did my best to be as clean as possible, but it was quite hard. Anyway, I could race Robert and Han for five laps, until I broke under pressure. Just overdriving and breaking out after the last hairpin. Bummer, lost some good positions there a lap onward as well. Jordan picked me up, did my usual spin a few turns further on up the road. Later on got to do some laps with Collin with Jason on my tail, driving the Abarth to the limit. Some paintscraping at turn one with Jason, he gave the position back so it seemed, but not sure if that was needed, just close racing there. Nice of you anyway Jason! He took his position back with a great power move under the bridge :cool:

So, back to chasin' Collin, now with Richard close behind, could hold that a lap or two, but Richard was just too quick. I did see some warping Richard, the worst one warped you back and forth a big way, didn't hurt me, but it was quite a vivid experience.

Tried to catch Collin the last few laps, over powered the last hairpin again and off were my chances to close the gap in in time. Let alone pass him, no chances there for me.

Intense it was, enjoyed every lap, saw warping here and there, so I was quite cautious with drafting when I could. Would be closer and more fun without the warping.

Congrats to the podium & thanks Han!

Thanks all, see you next week.

Last edited:
Sorry Richard for that bump, didn't want to attack, already backed off before the corner but I just lost the car as I got on the right kerb and then I couldn't brake enough.
Concerning I just managed to download the track couple minutes to qualy race pace was ok.
This track is quite hard to learn as it has some special apexes so I just figured out late in the race how to attack these corners. Nice track. Some good racing.
cu

Quite a race everyone! And quite a track. Once I got in the rhythm things just kept flowing nicely. I had so much fun!

At around the 20 minutes mark David got past me and somehow I just managed to stick behind him for the entire race! Learned a lot by following that entire time and trying to improve myself.
Then we both had to pit and were joined by Joe (welcome to the group!) so those last minutes saw an intense battle for the last 3 positions.
It was a pity that warp Joe, I was seeing you just in front of me and then suddenly you were off to the gravel :(. Not for that it would be interesting to see what would've happen by the end, with all the blue flags mixed in.

On the warps: I did see it and it was matching whenever you guys were mentioning it as well, so clearly server hiccup. The skins were not the problem, and this track was quite good with the limits. Maybe the hosting will indeed make a difference. Fingers crossed that will be it.

Great race from everyone, special thanks to David and Joe for the great racing and to Han for hosting it. Congrats to the podiums and I will catch you in the next one!

- Ricardo
yeah shame about that it would of been interesting towards the end but never mind
Hopfuly next week will be better

Guys, about the new version of Content Manager, did you see this and have you tried it?
1686171189330.png

I'm sure Han is doing everything to solve this like always. Speaking of Han... what a great fight we had! I was warped out chasing and hitting Wayne and had to let Wayne and Allan by, so therefore had Han up my #ss! Grate one Han! So speaking of Allan... we exchanged a lot of paint going side by side throughout a lap! Well done as allways!!

Congrats to the podium guys tonight, missed joining by just a few mins:thumbsdown: Ernie and Frank's race looked great on the moments I saw the server laps, so little in it for so many laps:inlove:

Fulvio bonkers quick as always, would love to know what he has for breakfast:laugh:

Though, @Twoddle 's fastest Abarth lap kinda makes me glad I wasn't there:roflmao:

Last edited:
@stigs2cousin,
dont know what happened to you,we were close for a couple of laps then on the 1st right hander,you had the corner i eased off,
.....we accelerated out on the straight and suddenly I was smashed into the wall on the right.
After coming to a standstill with a banged up car I teleported to the pits and ragequitt.

This was at least the third time that this warping affected my race, first Fulvio got smashed into another car right in front of me and I almost drove into the heap, then my "partner in battle" had this 1-2m micro warps so I didn´t dare to try CQC (close quarter combat)

Than after my untimely demise I was just fed up with all of it.
You manage to keep it clean in 12 laps of intense racing and then get killed by a ****ing computer?

Not my idea of fun, Sir:sick:

Just about made it in time for the race. I had zero practice and didn't even know which way the first corner went, luckily staring at the back meant i could follow people to teach me were to go. unfortunately i did a pitstop and forgot to add fuel so had to pit again the next lap.

I learnt that track in record time managing to only be 0.1 off Fulvios best lap, it a shame i didn't manage to qualify But i had fun all the same.

Sorry to those that i dive bombed into T1.

I had a great race. I've been battling the whole hour which was very rewarding. I didn't make big mistakes and could climb up the field to 5th.
It's a shame that there was warping/lagging. I've contacted Neil and Rasmus to have a look and if they have any ideas.
In the IT there's no such thing as coincidence so I'm very suspicious about the new version of ContentManager. Does anyone know when it was released?
And please if you used the experimental feature as shown in the screenshot some posts above, then perform a Steam integrity check because apparently it can cause problems with online servers.

Thanks all for racing and congrats to the podium.
Don't forget to vote for the track of the month https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/track-of-the-month-june.259882/
This race will be the 28th of June.

In the IT there's no such thing as coincidence so I'm very suspicious about the new version of ContentManager. Does anyone know when it was released?
And please if you used the experimental feature as shown in the screenshot some posts above, then perform a Steam integrity check because apparently it can cause problems with online servers.
HAH,

I updatet CM yesterday :confused:

Will have to run the integrity check when I come home from work today :O_o:

The integrity check is only needed if you're getting a checksum error!
It modifies some car files, sometimes.. My advice would be to simply not use it.

There are some fancy mod cars that need it and it was created for these cars. Using some of the features on our clubracing cars will either do nothing, giving you checksum errors or killing your fun of driving these online, since the extended physics features feel better, lol.

can we not try different servers??,this is getting worse now
The issue is that there is no "different servers". Since the split with S.GP, we're back on the good old Racedepartment server in the Netherlands.
So we can try another copy of the server with a fresh config file, but it's the same hardware.

I didn't find anything yet but I'll keep digging!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.