Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

2009-fiat-500-abarth-review-car-and-driver-photo-260871-s-original.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

11/12th June is the famous 24H race of LeMans. We at Racedepartment are going there also with two multiclass races. On Sunday with LMP1/GT3 and tonight with our succesful Abarth/Mazda combination.
The track has long straights so the Abarth could well be the fastest car this time with their top speed. Or can the Mazda gain enough time in the Porsche curves and the Ford Chicanes to have a sufficient gap on the Mulsanne straight(s)? Let's find out.

It's a multiclass and for some more excitement and action we bend the rules a bit: BLUE FLAGS CAN BE IGNORED IF THE LAPPING CAR IS FROM A DIFFERENT CLASS!

For once, the race will be extended to an hour, meaning the Mazdas will likely need a pit stop to refuel as well. Practice time will therefore be shortened to 1 hour
SO QUALLY AND THE RACE WILL START 15min EARLIER.

1654179340802.png

So join us for another exciting race and:

Sign up here (Password: same as last week, otherwise post in this thread and I will send you a PM with it.):

It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #04 (Available throughout the race week) Password: dunlop
  • Race server: S.GP Password: dunlop
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1.15 hour - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Circuit de la Sarthe (LeMans), France
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100% after about 20 minutes.
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
I'm in. Hopefully I can learn the track quickly.
Hi Douglas (and others who might be concerned about learning the track).

Well the track may be 13km long but it's not that hard to learn because a lot of it is straight. And the brakepoints are clearly visible through the rubber.

Some points may need a bit more attention:
  • Tertre Rouge and Mulsanne turns are very important to have a good exit.
  • For the Porsche curves it's important to have the right line in the first curve otherwise you get in trouble in the rest of the curves. You need a nice flow to go fast through them.
  • Beware of the kerbs in the last chicane. They can spin you or throw you off balance, which will cost you a lot of time, because in these cars it is flat out until the second corner.
  • And practice also the pitstop. It's a difficult approach to the pits.

Brian will organize a LMP1/GT3 event here on the sunday after so if you can participate then also, your practice will be very useful.

Last edited:
Some points may need a bit more attention:
  • Tertre Rouge and Mulsanne turns are very important to have a good exit.
  • For the Porsche curves it's important to have the right line in the first curve otherwise you get in trouble in the rest of the curves. You need a nice flow to go fast through them.
  • Beware of the kerbs in the last chicane. They can spin you or throw you off balance, which will cost you a lot of time, because in these cars it is flat out until the second corner.
  • And practice also the pitstop. It's a difficult approach to the pits.
Have you noticed how he conveniently omitted the blind and deceptive corners
(cough Dunlop Curve cough) ;)

And most of the curbs are real PITS (P ain I n T he S uspension) :sick:

No Idea how our "slammed brothas" are going to survive this for an hour on end.
Crashing over them hurts in a Mazda with sensible suspension setup:speechless:

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Have you noticed how he conveniently omitted the blind and deceptive corners
(cough Dunlop Curve cough)
Well I have driven this circuit several times with Group C, Ferrari 330/P4 and GT3s and I was very pleased to see that the Dunlop Curve with both these cars was quite easy compared to the above. And you can see the apex in Dunlop's right handler. Not what's behind it, but that's of little importance once you know that. It's the off camber that makes it a bit tricky especially with heavier cars.

Compared to the Luccaring and Okayama, this circuit for the Abarth/Mazda is a walk in the park. But that's just my humble opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own point of view. I also like to hear from others.

I never tried this track myself and I tend to struggle with longer tracks but I'm up for it, with the Abarth offcourse.

It takes 4 mins to lap this with a 488 so I guess the whole race will be 10 laps for the abarths :confused:?
And I better not miss the pit window(again) :redface:

I'm dreading those chicanes already :ninja:

Tested Le Mans with the Mazda now and the Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 (LMP1). Quite a difference I can tell :roflmao: What would make this race perfect for me would be time speed x24 so that we actually drive through a whole night in game, but I'm definitely hyped for the races!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Forum trophies