MSF - Williams FW24 (F1 2002)

Cars MSF - Williams FW24 (F1 2002) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I know this is in beta stage, but I have a question about tire heating. Looking at the stock tires app, the tires' core temps and surface temps are always the same, at least within +-2°C, and the core heats and cools as quick as the surface does. Core temp color starts at green. v10 tires don't do that, the core gets heat from the surface and takes a lap or two to get up to temp. The FW24's tire cores are at 80°C after Eau Rouge. For example the Ferrari F2002 mod and Kunos modern F1 cars behave like v10 should. In the app, they behave like v5 tires did. I noticed this behavior on ASR mod tires (for 90's cars as well as modern) as well. Is this an issue with the tires, or is the readout in the app wrong?

I know this is in beta stage, but I have a question about tire heating. Looking at the stock tires app, the tires' core temps and surface temps are always the same, at least within +-2°C, and the core heats and cools as quick as the surface does. Core temp color starts at green. v10 tires don't do that, the core gets heat from the surface and takes a lap or two to get up to temp. The FW24's tire cores are at 80°C after Eau Rouge. For example the Ferrari F2002 mod and Kunos modern F1 cars behave like v10 should. In the app, they behave like v5 tires did. I noticed this behavior on ASR mod tires (for 90's cars as well as modern) as well. Is this an issue with the tires, or is the readout in the app wrong?

thanks we will check :)

edit
you was right... I'll fix this together with other minor things. Much appreciate your suggestions :D

Last edited:
Schifarteruft updated MSF - Williams FW24 (F1 2002) with a new update entry:

Williams FW24 v 1.0

Changelog v1.0:

- Huge improvements on 3D model: New body, new front/rear wing, new diffuser, new cockpit glass new tcam, new rear light, driver and helmet and a lot of minor stuff and details, new shader, new uv map and skins.

- Physics update: ffb improved, fixed excessive rear brake locking, fixed tyres wearing, medium tyres compound eliminated (in 2002 season only soft-hard tyres were used).

- Sounds minor update: changed few value to optimize external sounds.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 130869

This thing has inherent understeer so it must be right :roflmao:. I fired up the game again after months to try this (and Bridgehampton) :thumbsup:. Of course I took JPM's car to Austria for my own "Oh deer" moments.

Is anyone else having to deal with seeing the inner driver from inside the cockpit? Can't seem to get out with reasonable modifications to the driver position. I keep seeing contours of his helmet visor

Is anyone else having to deal with seeing the inner driver from inside the cockpit? Can't seem to get out with reasonable modifications to the driver position. I keep seeing contours of his helmet visor

I suppose you didn't overwrite the driver... this happens because we rebuilded the driver helmet too, so you have to use the new one. Try it and tell me if has been fixed.

the problem is the post processing, if you turn off, the lights become very dark... if you activate it, even if you set everything on low, lights work properly. We know it and we are investigate it...
totally agree, PP affect the intensity of the light in VR, but at the same time, other cars do not seem to be subject to it, it mainly affect braking lights, and then again not all car equally. Thank you for looking into it, PP on my system is not an option as I am fighting for FPS.:)

Edit: Tried it with PP and yes the lights work perfectly with PP.:)

Last edited:
I have no idea what it is but something seems off with my car - like the game feels like its running 0.75x speed until like 4th gear....initial thought was like driving through treacle - ill investigate further.

I have no idea what it is but something seems off with my car - like the game feels like its running 0.75x speed until like 4th gear....initial thought was like driving through treacle - ill investigate further.

Same here - but only at first start. Without TC the car accelerates as it should

this is weird... at moment I'm in vacation, so I'm not able to check... Is there a new ac version? Do you have found this issue from the first run on track o has become so over time?

Do you have found this issue from the first run on track o has become so over time?
I´m not sure... Did a race today, 15 opponents at Nuerburgring. Started on position 5 and was overtaken before the first turn by 7 or 8 cars. The Ai-cars seem to accelerate normal, mine was like a turtle. TC was standard 2/6

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back