Fanatec BMW gt wheel
Heusinkveld sequential shifter
Button box
Amazon fire tablet as timing board
RTX 3070 based pc
Oculus rift S VR headset

Frame is custom made from stainless steel tubing . Made by myself
image4.jpeg

Surely both pedal trays and seats will see significant vertical deflections too due to leverage. We are not pushing in the same plane as the bushings.
On mine, there is certainly deflection and I am sure some would look at it and go whoah that looks a lot because even a few mm looks like a lot when you are not used to seeing anything move.

My pedals move a little, my seat is not isolated but as it has > 100kg, I imagine the seat will move less than the pedals and the pedals to move about the same as they do.

The isolated pedal tray moves forward a little and more visibly tilts forwards with the front dipping and the rear rising.

Until any of this is actually felt by the user or impacts performance on track then I don't see it as an issue. I break faily hard with my he ultimates to see this deflection. The braking feels exactly the same and you wouldnt know there was any movement on the pedal tray unless you were trying to look at it.

I was worried about what deflection might mean but it seems to have no felt impact at all.

Upvote 0
That´s right, my bushings at the pedal carrier see more a push/pull load because of the mounting points being both between my heels and my butt. (DIY profile rig)

So the mounting points near my heels gets pushed down, the one towards my knees gets pulled up.

My first itertation of DIY isolators consists of two aluminium strips with three layers rubber mat sandwhiched in between.

Two 10mm mats for the isolation, a layer 6mm mat to keep the M8 bolt centered between the layers.
all held together by double sided tape for ease of assembly and drilled through for M6 bolts.
These mount to the pedal carrier and add preload. I´ve made pictures:

Parts pre assembly:View attachment 501790

Mounted:
View attachment 501791

A big plus is that adjustment of the pedals is much easyier than with the last design.

First trials are a mixed bag:

it works better than the rigidly mounted pedal carrier, but the Dayton Audio BST-2 is to weak to work the whole assembly ( the heelplate is now rigidly mounted to the carrier, the "isolation" of the "bobbins" didn´t do much at all.)

Well, if some friendly spirit would gift me a Buttkicker Mini LFE for under my seat the Aurasound AST2-B4 could migrate to the front of the rig.

MFG Carsten
Nice i like where you're heading with this though . Personally I think the direction of horizontal bolt with some type of bushing /rubber supports is the route I'm going to pursue . I think any system with a bolt running vertically through 2 plates is only as good as the isolation between the bolt and the plate it's passing through . This isolation is going to be near impossible to achieve with allowing longitudinal flex under heavy braking .

Upvote 0
The part with the quick dismantling and change of isolation medium works.
I had some play in it yesterday, seems in on of the front mounts ( which take the biggest part of the load as downward pressure) a 10mm rubber strip was not enough. I added another 6mm strip now the bolt is "floating in rubber" again.

So the hunt for the best isolation material is on.

And maybe the next iteration will be more than 25mm wide, there is alot of pressure on the M8 bolt and the surrounding rubber.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Some progress this evening . I'll let the pics do most of talking

Rig is now up at my workshop , stripped down and the missed bits of welding done .

I've done little cut outs in various places to run cables , and 3d printed cover so the cables don't chaff on the tubing
image10.jpeg

I've mounted up the wind-sim fans , just have the right hand venting to print .

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

I have got a lot of the cabling now into the tubes . Still waiting for a couple to turn up along with both amplifiers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today I've ran some more of the cabling and started mounting everything on the underside of the temporary base . Still waiting on 2 of the phono/xlr cables and some Speakon wires. Unfortunately neither amp has arrived, so progress will grind to a halt in the next few days .

Next job to replace the temporary wooden base with some 10mm black acrylic i have on the way. Aswell as fit Transducers
image0.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back