MGP20 MotoGP 20 | Career Features Revealed (New Trailer)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Building up to a release this April 23rd, development team Milestone have revealed some of the key features that will form the career portion of the upcoming MotoGP 20 bike racing videogame.

The next instalment of the long running MotoGP franchise of games is just around the corner, and for MotoGP '20, Italian development team Milestone appear to have been hard at work producing an impressive number of new and immersive aspects for the game.

One of the key updates for the latest addition is an enhanced and expanded career mode within the title - going deeper and more detailed than ever before in an attempt to further immerse gamers into the world of MotoGP.

'Echoing real life, one of the key figures at the top of the team is the personal manager, whose work can truly make a difference when it comes to sponsorship and contract opportunities. Players will need to evaluate all the offers they receive, both from real-life teams and new teams created by the player, looking carefully at their engagement and expectations before taking a decision. If players select a new team, they will be able to make their rider and bike stand out using different graphic editors to modify the helmet, racing number, lower-back patch, stickers and bike livery. The personal manager's skills come into play when tasked to try and craft a stronger team, or negotiate a better salary, following the player's indications'.

As well as the corporate and sponsorship side of management, MotoGP 20 will also touch upon the bike development aspects of the series, giving players the opportunity to have a direct influence on the development progress of their team and bike. From the hiring of key staff members and spending of available budget, to track testing and validation, teamwork will be one of the key elements of success within the new game.

Also included in MotoGP 2020 will be winter and mid-season tests, where players will be tasked with developing their bike via a choice of up to 3 different packs with various engines and frame combinations as they aim to find the perfect settings for the season. Once the season starts, players can also improve performances of different bike parts, earning and spending development points and allocating their R&D staff to reach the highest level. Aerodynamics, electronics, engine power and fuel consumption amongst other interactive elements of the game.

To tease just a little bit more, the recent press release also states that 'For the first time, Milestone also announces brand-new features that will support the game after launch, that will further expand contents of the Managerial Career gameplay; more details about the post launch features will be revealed soon...'

Plenty to get excited about here!

MotoGP 20 Career Mode.jpg

MotoGP 20 Key Features:

Managerial Career Mode

Decide whether to join a 2020 season team and race together with the official riders or join a totally brand new team following your manager's advice. A complete entourage is ready to support you on path to the glory.

Bike Development
Improve your bike's performance during specific career tests by introducing changes to certain technical aspects:
  • Electronic traction control
  • Engine brake
  • Anti-wheelie system
  • Power mapping
  • Engine
  • Frame
  • Aerodynamics.
  • Plan your strategy
Graphical and Technical Improvements
MotoGP™20 introduces major graphic improvements to sky, asphalt, settings, weather, lighting, vegetation and damage on the bike, which will also have an effect on its overall performance. You will be able to enjoy more realistic physics, where you will have to learn to monitor your tire wear and the braking system.

The new 3D models of the riders, the face scans of official team managers and new animations will make you feel even more immersed in the MotoGP™ world.

Graphics Editor
This year MotoGP™20 lets you customize your rider and bike using 5 different graphics editors! The editors available to you are:
  • Sticker
  • Helmet
  • Racing number
  • Name on the suit
  • Livery: choose the best combination of sponsor, colors and materials for your bike, and win in style!
Historic Riders
Compete with legendary riders like Mick Doohan, Wayne Rainey, Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa! New historic content and a new gaming mode await you to let you relive MotoGP™ history. You can race with 46 historic riders and 43 different bikes!

Dedicated Servers
Thanks to dedicated servers, you can challenge your friends online in different modes:
  • Public Lobby: create a totally customizable lobby (number of laps, weather conditions, sessions), or scroll the list of available lobbies and choose the one you like best
  • Private Lobby: create a customized event and challenge your friends
  • Race Director (Pro Lobby): select the starting grid, assign penalties and direct the race!
Upgraded Neural AI
Race against faster, smarter and more accurate riders with an AI more human than ever based on machine learning that will identify your actions and react accordingly.

2020 Season
Experience the thrills of the official 2020 season!Race with all of the riders of the MotoGP™, Moto2™ and Moto3™.
A new official track awaits you: race for the first time in cold Finland on the Kymi Ring track.

Check out the new 'Beyond Together' managerial trailer, below:

MotoGP 20 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC, Nintendo Switch and Google Stadia this April 23rd.

Want to know more about the game? Start up a thread at the MotoGP 20 sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

MotoGP 20 Career Mode 2.jpg

Last edited:
And the recent MotoGP19 has 50 hist. drivers, 35+ bikes and 3 additional hist. tracks.

Newest release Supercross 3 seems to have a different handling model which might be the more progressive feature. We'll see..

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Not saying u should have my taste, but I never cared for careers, stories, cinematic videos, contracts, tv interviews, 3d crowds around tracks, padges, leaderboards, laptimes comparison, hotlaps. getting a new bike, earning a new livery, Victorious screenshots, being called a hero, glory, no glory....etc.

I just (F)ing drive I'm a driver.

While I'm at the complete opposite end. Unless it is a car-simulator, the main point for me in playing games are the immersive modes, career-mode, manager-mode etc.

Good thing people are different :)

Graphics Editor
This year MotoGP™20 lets you customize your rider and bike using 5 different graphics editors! The editors available to you are:
  • Sticker
  • Helmet
  • Racing number
  • Name on the suit
  • Livery: choose the best combination of sponsor, colors and materials for your bike, and win in style!
That's like the least important thing to me. I literally never use it at all.
Hate fantasy liveries, it has to be real or else I lose all inspiration to ride. :D

motogp-20-career-mode-jpg.359570

Maverick @^@

It looks really promising so far. The only thing that bugs me, is that your personal manger can be born in 2000 yet have 10 years experience. That's a bit unrealistic. Damn, if I could have that much experience at the age of 21, there's no way I would be sitting on a fake game I'll tell you that much

Not saying u should have my taste, but I never cared for careers, stories, cinematic videos, contracts, tv interviews, 3d crowds around tracks, padges, leaderboards, laptimes comparison, hotlaps. getting a new bike, earning a new livery, Victorious screenshots, being called a hero, glory, no glory....etc.

I just (F)ing drive I'm a driver.
[/QUOTE

You are not driver and you dont drive, YOU ARE A RIDER, AND YOU RIDE IT.

Instead of all this they better would work on full crash depiction, retirements (both technical and crash), riders running to pick up the bikes, not stupid respawn... and there should be mouse support in replay menu as well.
Also - crashes in are too short, but why on-bike cameras (in replay) switch to external view during crash? Even in Motogp15 they remained "attached" to bike...

Graphics Editor
  • Sticker
  • Helmet
  • Racing number
  • Name on the suit
That's like the least important thing to me. I literally never use it at all.
Hate fantasy liveries, it has to be real or else I lose all inspiration to ride. :D

motogp-20-career-mode-jpg.359570

Maverick @^@

I'd rather be a fantasy me than a fantasy RL rider , It takes all sorts eh :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000