MGP19 MotoGP 19 - First Gameplay Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The long awaited first gameplay footage from MotoGP 19 is here!

Milestone have spent some time in recent weeks extolling the virtues of their upcoming new MotoGP bike racing title, with some bold claims that the game is set to be a significant step forward over previous entries into the franchise - something that will no doubt appeal to fans who have seen the MotoGP series of games steadily improve over the last few years.

Once again set to feature the official licence for the premier MotoGP bike racing class and its support series, but now featuring a raft of additional features and content improvements - not least of which is the much feted Neural AI advancements, we've yet to actually see the new title in action.

The wait is over.

Selecting fan favourite Valentino Rossi at his home round at Mugello, check out the video at the head of this article to see MotoGP 19 gameplay footage for the very first time.

MotoGP 19 is set to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 6th.

For more MotoGP 19 news, head over to the MotoGP 19 sub forum and stay in touch with the latest happenings, connecting with your fellow bike racing fans.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I do not agree with Crashbandicot. The physics in last years were just unreal and way too fast. Making circuits longer than they are is not the solution. I like the fact that laptimes are much more realistic. I agree with him that the bike under braking is just too stable. There could a bit more moving in the braking zones. But in general I like the physics much more than before and they seem much more realistic. My biggest complain is the AI pace. Playing with 116% they seem to be fine in practice and qualy. But in the race... I am lost :D In the race the AI is faster than in qualifying and practice. While I am slower than in qualifying while trying to conserve tires and the fact that you cannot push every lap like in qualifying. Furthermore, as some of you already said: The "group building" in the race is ****. Always 2 or 3 riders are seconds faster than the rest and there is a big distance between front riders and position 5-10. I hope they will fix those issues, then I really might enjoy the game!

:confused:
What a heck ?
Can't you decide ?
Is this the best review you can offer ? :unsure:

edit:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/984780/MotoGP19/
All Reviews:
Very Positive (52)
Release Date:
6 Jun, 2019
84% of the 52 user review of this game are positive.

Enough for me. Buying it.
Some people will always bitchin, you just can't please all their "I wanna feel I'm driving a real bike cause I can't afford one/simulation" expectations eh...

So imagine how much fun I had with previous motogp games.

Just my ten cents worth . I like it so far , it just feels a lot different to the previous mildstone games .
I am sure they will improve some things and tweak things .
It seems as if M.S went for a smooth style regarding the technical aspects of riding . The breaks work but they need to be progressively squeezed to work properly , I don't know why M.S didn't at least have the option to turn abs off or to have the ability to lock up the front wheel and crash if need be ..(?)
Also M.S .. Please bring back and patch the manual tuck in even though auto tuck in is accurate I don't mind the added skill needed to really push .
I can't wait to get modding and skinning hehe

Have they squeezed a patch in?

I have been playing my own Steam version and the "turn-in" and the ability to hold a tight'ish line on the brakes when trailing it in seems to have got better for me now on, a gamepad. I played this also on a friend's pc last night who downloaded this thing from a well-known "re-pack" site.. On his day 1 version with I think the day 1 patch the feel I got on corner entry was back to where it was before..i.e. sluggish and prone to understeer. Also on his version a message comes up when he starts the game that an update patch is available but (for obvious reasons) bearing in mind his is an "unofficial" downloaded copy of the game it won't let him connect to Milestone Services to download the patch..

Am I going mad? Maybe not?

I do not agree with Crashbandicot. The physics in last years were just unreal and way too fast. Making circuits longer than they are is not the solution. I like the fact that laptimes are much more realistic. I agree with him that the bike under braking is just too stable. There could a bit more moving in the braking zones. But in general I like the physics much more than before and they seem much more realistic. My biggest complain is the AI pace. Playing with 116% they seem to be fine in practice and qualy. But in the race... I am lost :D In the race the AI is faster than in qualifying and practice. While I am slower than in qualifying while trying to conserve tires and the fact that you cannot push every lap like in qualifying. Furthermore, as some of you already said: The "group building" in the race is ****. Always 2 or 3 riders are seconds faster than the rest and there is a big distance between front riders and position 5-10. I hope they will fix those issues, then I really might enjoy the game!
Way too fast, but way too fun don't ya think mate? Honestly right, if i had to choose between realistic laptimes or incredible battles with the AI, guess which one i'd pick. And GP19 does none of the two. Because right now, going around the track racing like a car is not that fun, single lines every time wayyyy too wide just to make the corner. Also about the tracks, have you ever seen on board footage from real life? The tracks ARE huge compared to the bikes, and you have tons of road to go around. In all of the gp games the tracks always feel scaled down, and that's not good. That's why also the laptimes are not "realistic" (a big part of it anyways). One last thing right, racing games, even sims, will never have realistic laptimes cause it's too inconsistent, the physics and the way the game is, compared to real life. We will never get real life quality gameplay in any game.

Have they squeezed a patch in?
I have been playing my own Steam version and the "turn-in" and the ability to hold a tight'ish line on the brakes when trailing it in seems to have got better for me now on, a gamepad. I played this also on a friend's pc last night who downloaded this thing from a well-known "re-pack" site.. On his day 1 version with I think the day 1 patch the feel I got on corner entry was back to where it was before..i.e. sluggish and prone to understeer. Also on his version a message comes up when he starts the game that an update patch is available but (for obvious reasons) bearing in mind his is an "unofficial" downloaded copy of the game it won't let him connect to Milestone Services to download the patch..
Am I going mad? Maybe not?
Oh Tracey Tracey...
depositphotos_2217107-stock-photo-pirate-computer.jpg

Your friend should be more careful with sharing these pics on his Twitter page. You look great with knife thou... :giggle:

My short review - good, better than last, not revolutionary but ...improves enough. :)
Btw, if this is their ground breaking Neural AI - I want my money back. :D
Ok, now racing with AI feels sometimes like racing with seven years old. And that's quite an improvement since earlier games give me impression of racing two years old. Chimp.

They still suck big time on first few turns. In which you can, if you got just a fraction of driving skill, improve your track position by 45 places.
They, like some already mention here, unrealistically stretch the field to a couple of miles, so you can rarely see a really close packs, even in Moto3.
Lap times can be fishy - I saw a race in which first seven riders had their best lap times better by THREE seconds then the rest of the field. :confused:
Love the longer braking distances, love the graphic improvements, better replays...

Btw, the game absolutely flying on my not-so-edgy PC, dunno why some people complain, it must be something on their side, check your PC then check your warranty.

Last edited:
Yep. He's a naughty boy.

But then again, as he said, no demo. No buy.

p.s. love the photo. :p

From my limited time on the game I agree with you about the Neural AI. I cannot escape the fact that GP500 and SBK 2000/1 (which I still play regularly out of nostalgia and because I enjoy those games) seem to have more consistent, competitive and "imaginative" AI. Rose tinted spectacles? Or decently coded AI from way back when?

I agree with you gamer19 that motogp 19 is nicely optimised for a last generation "budget" pc player. Even my i5 2500 gtx 1050 ex office pc (my back-up) runs it smoothly at 70 fps. And it looks perfectly acceptable on that old pc.

I have quite old gpu. GTX 780.
But seems like it runs perfect in combination with my cpu, which is i5-3570K. Regular HDD, not some fast SSD. And I'm more than happy with all my games, playing them nearly all on max.
MotoGP 19 is piece of cake, you can say. :geek:

Btw, we all know that "your friend" is actually you T. You always lived dangerously, used to ride crazy bikes now you download illegal software with your 2nd best friend, Verizon. :devilish:
:sneaky::giggle:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back