MGP14 MotoGP 14 Modding Questions Thread

In which file I can find the AI performances for each driver? I found something like "Race Performance" or "Agressivity" in DATA.MIX / AI_DRIVERS.BML but I don't get which octet is used for the speed.

Last edited:
I'm planning on changing the sounds, mostly the sound effects such as crowds (which absolutely suck in this game) and hopefully implement some ideas that will make the game more realistic. However I do need some guidance from the modders out here.

Does anyone know how to open .Bank files? I googled it but various websites only show ''software'' that inevitably will infect my system with viruses and spam so I need help in finding the correct software.

I'm planning on changing the sounds, mostly the sound effects such as crowds (which absolutely suck in this game) and hopefully implement some ideas that will make the game more realistic. However I do need some guidance from the modders out here.

Does anyone know how to open .Bank files? I googled it but various websites only show ''software'' that inevitably will infect my system with viruses and spam so I need help in finding the correct software.
Never heard of them, I've searched and I can only find a Starcraft thing that edit bank files. Maybe it only works it that game...

There's a file in the GFXPAK that has a question mark (a character not compatible with the remixer), there are so many files that I can't seem to find that one!

The file is #1834: LEGENDS_DOOHAN?_PILOTENGINEER.DDS, the problem is the character "?" in the name. For extract the .MIX file extract all the files before the corrupted and all the files after. To repack, just repack as usual. It works, I tried just a moment ago.
I hope my help will be useful!

Immagine.png

Last edited:

If you find a way to open the .bank files PM me, I want to edit the bike's sound.

The file is #1834: LEGENDS_DOOHAN?_PILOTENGINEER.DDS, the problem is the character "?" in the name. For extract the .MIX file extract all the files before the corrupted and all the files after. To repack, just repack as usual. It works, I tried just a moment ago.
I hope my help will be useful!

View attachment 58340
Thanks! There were so many files what if I kept reading the name of everyone I would be in retirement home (bad joke).

Is it possible to make all AI faster than realistic difficulty? Game is just too easy, like 13. Career is just pointless if winning every race in all classes. :thumbsdown:

That will crash your game PRo, that will never work. Unless you are an experienced user with Fmod, that way you can manipulate and/ or remove encrypted codes within the game itself but that's a major task.
Finally I had some time and the mood to analyze the DATA.MIX and found the culprit for the missing DLC riders, teams etc. It's the DB_DLC***.BML files. So even if all the DLCs are installed if you change to something that doesn't exist, for e.g. "DLC00", the rider, team etc will be blocked. The problem is that I don't know how to add new records in the file, and also for different lengths of the names I haven't tested yet if it'll work: to replace a name with another one of different number of characters. If anyone can help with this it would be great.

I can ripped the 3d models from the game, but the textures wrong!
If somebody can re-map the textures, I could send him any 3ds model, like the bikes, riders, helmets, etc.....

Here is the custom helmet, but I can't use it with this texture!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back