Tracks Mosport (CTMP) LIDAR

Some @LilSki type of details :whistling:
shot13.jpg

shot14.jpg

Is it going to be ready tomorrow? Would be nice to drive on it during PWC racing weekend.

I'm kidding :D Looks great! Looking forward to a proper version of Mosport, and without staircasing like the other 2 I found on the internet :D

Haha, not tomorrow but I do intend on releasing an early beta before ACC... i’ll gauge people’s interest on this project.

Yeah, the plan is to retire these regurgitated conversions once and for all lol, I’m surprised Road Atlanta isn’t getting any love, with an awesome point cloud available...

Are you walking the track? I’ll take anything I can make a texture with! Rumble strips, walls, logos, etc.

Will send you a pm this weekend

Honestly have no idea exactly how the weekend will go; Saturday is actually my buddy's bachelor party (which he's doing at the track). Until recently I wasn't attending (I live on the west coast now, flights are DAMN expensive in this country), and I'm showing up unannounced; he doesn't know I'm coming to the wedding yet :)

I know that the plan after the track is to head back into Toronto for dinner, so I don't know how the timing will work out for a track walk. Any scenery/reference imagery you need from anywhere around the circuit should be doable, but I might not be able to get texture-quality images.

Completely forgot about it, but about 3 or 4 years ago I did the track walk with a friend and took a LOT of photos with the intention of them being used for recreating the track. I lost an HDD since then and I'm not 100% sure I still have those photos, but I'll do some digging and see if I can find them. There was a lot of stuff in there that would be great for textures. Unfortunately we only made it from turn 8 to turn 2 before it got too dark out, but there was a lot of good stuff in there. My buddy might still have his stock of photos from that weekend, I should send him a message.

Looking really really good mate. Love your work.

The poles on that wire catch fence look skinny though... :p Maybe they are like that, but they don't look like they'd hold much back. :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%