More Power Units F1 22

Misc More Power Units F1 22 1.04b

Login or Register an account to download this content
New here, I want to add this mod and have a Myteam mod where I am Nissan Penske. The mods work individually but when used together, your mod is the only one that shows. Do you happen to know how to make both work?
Ah the issue is it is a chassis replacement mod. So either my mod or theirs replaces changes we both do. If you have the EGO ERP Achiever mod tool you could look at the _MODULAR_MODS -> _ACTIVE files and look at any MyTeam or livery erp file from their mod. Open them and see if there is a carmodel!!! JSON file in the PKG files tab in their files. If so you want to export them and edit the "bundleName.ppv1.344247110":.. line to match mine (look at the pkg files for my carmisc_myteam.erp) for all 4 powered MyTeams. Import the changes into the their erp files and save!

The json files for their mod includes changes to render a different car body (chassis). So you want to manually replaces a line with my change I mentioned to theirs to hear the engine!

Alfa Romeo are with the same suit 2: McLaren are also with the previous update livery
Alfa romeo I will create new driver suits. I am just really short on time! McLaren won't be with the previous liveries in the new update its just still lingering in your files. You just need to delete any McLaren erp file inside "_MODULAR_MODS" -> "_ACTIVE" subfolders. I cant erase earlier files through updates. Sorry for confusion!

in the v6 version.. could you tell me what uses what ?
Engines in BOLD:

Porsche -
Red Bull
Ford - Haas
Peugeot - Aston Martin
Audi - Alfa Romeo
Ferrari - Ferrari
Mercedes - Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Renault E-Tech - Renault
Honda - Alpha Tauri

MyTeam uses any of the new 4 -> Porsche, Ford, Peugeot, Audi
You choose!

Engines in BOLD:

Porsche -
Red Bull
Ford - Haas
Peugeot - Aston Martin
Audi - Alfa Romeo
Ferrari - Ferrari
Mercedes - Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Renault E-Tech - Renault
Honda - Alpha Tauri

MyTeam uses any of the new 4 -> Porsche, Ford, Peugeot, Audi
You choose!
I meant which files are what engines :redface:

I meant which files are what engines :redface:
Ah! Check the carmisc files! They assign both engine and exhaust.
Look for these lines for following engines:
aston : "stri v12_tb_aston_martin_db11_amr_f122.bdl",
porsche : "stri v8_tb_mercedes_amg_gt_black_f122.bdl",
ford: "stri v8_tb_ferrari_488_gr19_alt.bdl",
audi : "stri_v8_tb_mercedes_amg_gtr_f122.bdl",
They use these names because the game will crash if new sound file names are used which is not possible in f1 22.. so they replace supercar audios.
You can find the sound files in the audio subfolder.
A line called "switchname" changes exhaust.

Last edited:
Tried putting the V10 sounds into the game just as the instructions say (drag and drop V10 file straight into the game directory) with modular mods installed as well, doesn't seem to work. Modular mods title screen shows up but the cars still have V6s instead of the V10s. Any tips?

Tried putting the V10 sounds into the game just as the instructions say (drag and drop V10 file straight into the game directory) with modular mods installed as well, doesn't seem to work. Modular mods title screen shows up but the cars still have V6s instead of the V10s. Any tips?
Nevermind, figured it out. Solid work man.

Dude, excellent work on the update.. I love the previous one, esp. the Porsche and Peugeot.. the Audi sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner but probably its just me, maybe it's unique. Great work, love it. Btw are you gonna make a showcase video on the new V10 update in your YouTube channel?? If so, thank you.. also by any chance, can we individually install or replace, only one engine sound for another engine without touching the others?? Say, I'm using Merc and want to switch to Porsche, can I just switch the sounds of them both without touching the others?? Anyway, great work!! Huge fan..

Don't install both. Just install all contents inside "_v10 Pus Modular Install". It is possible to have both but some will be v6s, others will be v10. Safe way is to verify game files (unless you already got other mods) then try again.

If you already got other mods don't want to reinstall them just delete all my erp. files inside the "_ACTIVE" folder except for the start screen. v10s should still work. There is a start screen erp for v10s. Sorry for confusion. Peugeot driver suits may still exist for Vettel and stroll though..

Last edited:
Dude, excellent work on the update.. I love the previous one, esp. the Porsche and Peugeot.. the Audi sounds a bit like a vacuum cleaner but probably its just me, maybe it's unique. Great work, love it. Btw are you gonna make a showcase video on the new V10 update in your YouTube channel?? If so, thank you.. also by any chance, can we individually install or replace, only one engine sound for another engine without touching the others?? Say, I'm using Merc and want to switch to Porsche, can I just switch the sounds of them both without touching the others?? Anyway, great work!! Huge fan..
Thanks that means a lot! :') Yes got videos to edit for the new update. I am starting a new job so its a lot of restricted time ehh..

The carmisc files inside "_MODULAR_MODS" -> "_ACTIVE" are the ones that assign the sounds. So you mean if you only wanted to replace your myteam mercedes engine choice to Porsche?

You can grab the myteam carmisc file from here: LINK
Then export my current carmodel!!! pkg json file for myteam_mercedes from my file with same name. This should be porsche already. Import it in the fresh new one, save the erp and replace my erp. This should leave the other engine choices alone. The pu myteam choice screen will still have the new manufacturers but now its actually renault, honda, ferrari, and mercedes in that order.

If you meant the mercedes rl team, use that link and edit the pkg file so the bundlename line and switchname line match my myteam_mercedes or redbull car misc file. Hopefully I understood!

Last edited:
I tried it now for an hour or smth, the engine sounds change, but I can't get it working for myteam. I can't choose any new engines. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Could you pls make a to-do list on how to get this set up properly. What I did was copying one of the folders (v6 or v10) into the game files but the engine select page wont change. I have the newest update of modular mods. Pls help. Have a nice day.

I tried it now for an hour or smth, the engine sounds change, but I can't get it working for myteam. I can't choose any new engines. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Could you pls make a to-do list on how to get this set up properly. What I did was copying one of the folders (v6 or v10) into the game files but the engine select page wont change. I have the newest update of modular mods. Pls help. Have a nice day.
The latest game update (1.16) reset the MyTeam PU choices for me too. If you reinstall my mod over again (steam might have updated the game again or verified the updated, removing parts of my mod).

Specifically, in my mods subfolders: "2022_asset_groups -> "ui_package" there is a file called "flow_customisation.erp". This defo needs to be reinstalled (its contains the MyTeam choices).

How just install the Porsche engine ?
You want to just replace one of the MyTeam choices with Porsche? You can grab the "myteam_carmisc" file from here: LINK.
This contains all four engine supplied MyTeam variants. You want to edit this file with EGO ERP Achiever mod tool, go into the pkg files tab and look for "myteam_mercedes_carmodel!!!...".. Import my JSON file over this (you can fetch it from the same file but from my mod and export the pkg). Then save and install that file you edited. The other MyTeam selections will remain default. Pick the mercedes Pu on the selection screen for Porsche.

If you want the porsche selection texture, go into: 2022_asset_groups\ui_package and edit the flow_customisation file. Find "overrides.team_hq.engine_supplier_icons" texture. Underneath the image theres these sideways arrows. Click them to find the mercedes image and replace with my porsche from my file.

This looks really good, however, I put the modular mods and the 2022 asset groups in the f1 22 folder, right? and I put this mod in the active part of the modular mods section. However, when I open my f1 22, there is just a black screen that never goes away. Is there any help I can get?

This looks really good, however, I put the modular mods and the 2022 asset groups in the f1 22 folder, right? and I put this mod in the active part of the modular mods section. However, when I open my f1 22, there is just a black screen that never goes away. Is there any help I can get?
Is the start_screen.erp file in the active folder too?! This is required by modular mods in general and will cause game to not load just black screen like you said if missing. Its in my mod check its installed too.

Last edited:
Is the start_screen.erp file in the active folder too?! This is required by modular mods in general and will cause game to not load just black screen like you said if missing. Its in my mod check its installed too.
yeah it is the file path right now is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 22\_MODULAR_MODS\_ACTIVE and in that is the start_screen.erp

Hey, for some reason the Peugot engine is an Aston Martin engine instead for me in the selection screen and the sound is different from the one in the showcase videos. It sounds more like a normal F1 engine with a high-pitched turbo. Got any idea how to fix this? Thanks. Btw awesome mod

Attachments

• 321dsad.png
    321dsad.png
    738.2 KB · Views: 47
Hey, for some reason the Peugot engine is an Aston Martin engine instead for me in the selection screen and the sound is different from the one in the showcase videos. It sounds more like a normal F1 engine with a high-pitched turbo. Got any idea how to fix this? Thanks. Btw awesome mod
Sorry! I had a look and I seen what's happened. Codemasters updated the file recently which shows the engine suppliers on this screen. Somehow when I quickly fixed this, I accidently must have added Aston Martin from the old version when I replaced this with Peugeot eventually. Will be fixed asap in v1.04!

The sound file should be the correct one though? Is the "v12_tb_aston_martin_db11_amr_f122.bdl" file 6.19 MB? I will check in game but this should be the new one. Unless you heard the old one which was a v8 sourced engine and not for Peugeot which I replaced with and is based on PSA HYbrid system they are making in rl. The v8 sound if that's the one you heard is going to be in v1.04 instead (4 new v8 engines not in-game before!) and will be the Cosworth DFV engine most likely as its way more fitting.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 463 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back