• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Monday 24th August 2009 - Rally Endless Tarmac (Day 1)

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally 2.0 Club & Leagues' started by Andrew Evans, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski

Ratings:
    +33
    hurraaaaa, thx :)

2. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski

Ratings:
    +33
    i cant logon to the sesion, PLEASE help, dont know what i,m doing wrong, i,m a newbe :(((

3. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    Not impressed.
    I've missed 3 stages because someone found it funny to move me around channels about 5 FLIPPING TIMES.
    alt tab out to sort it and bam, game crash. I NEED TO BE IN A CHANNEL ON MY OWN I CAN CONCENTRATE.
    Not having this, absolute tits.

/rage post

4. Grégory Cogotti

Grégory Cogotti

Ratings:
    +0
    Wasn't a bad night for me, only 2 180°, and a tree who stopped my car into the last stage, but no major incident. Hope tomorrow will be also good :)

Edit: each time i do "alt-tab" with RBR, the game crash on my pc too....

5. Mark Birney

Mark Birney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Alt-Tab crashes the game, Gregory.

Was determined at the end, wanted to make up for the lost time when I retired one of the stages. Gregory, well done, consistency is working for you. Bert, Andrew... What can I say, there'es nothing between you :)

Anyway, times...
    mineshaft.png

6. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry mate - i didn't check the forum before the off... the server was lagging and rejecting connections... just had to keep trying... unfortunately, since the latest upgrade their server has been a bit flakey... :(

7. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    as for the event - that was IMMENSE... no other word for it... my best rally yet, didn't drop a stage... :personalwoot:

gonna process the day 1 results in a bit - please post up times if you think the server dicked you - i know it dropped my stage 5 or thereabouts....

[​IMG]

8. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    posted on behalf of bert:

[​IMG]

9. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski

Ratings:
    +33
    I did manage to connect in the end, just missed the first 3 stages but had a lot of fun:) . Hope to do better times on day 2. Only just bought the game and i,m still in shock how good it is. Every corner was an adventure for me as i have never had any runs on those stages before. Thanks for setting it up, Andrew, and i hope we can do a lot more of similar events in the future ( so many diffrent mods ) :). ps. any setup tips? as i only use the defaults :)

10. Bert Van Waes

Bert Van Waes

Ratings:
    +0
    indeed guys, this was a lovely first day. Every stage was something else. i liked the australian alot.
    But when we came to France the rally evolved into a real battle within one second of eachother. Good times! And TS really adds alot to the atmosphere. Loving it. Adam, you were there for a brief moment, lol somewhere in my head.:) Then i lost it...lol.

grats Creg for the win, and Mark, you are something else... And for me, i think Andrew indeed is my new rival...:D

Tomorrow, i'll post some footage, after work. 306 rocks i tell ya!

Great times. Tx

bzzzzz.....click

11. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
  12. Bert Van Waes

Bert Van Waes

Ratings:
    +0
    Well look at that.. haha grats Andrew my whole post above doesnt matter anymore now.:)

wow indeed some close ones.... woot!

Tomorrow will be insane...

13. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    glad to hear you're digging it man! :thumb:

ask anyone, i know nothing about setups... :becky: but for these beauties i softened the rear arb and the springs a little, to help control the snappy arse and the smooth out the violent bumps in places like usa...

i also reduced the front brake bias (but the geezers on ts increased it! so who knows there!)... and i always ramp the steering lock up to full (792 degrees)...

that's about it... catch ya tomorrow man... :flypig:

14. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    arf indeed!... what we could see whilst in the session changed a bit once i corrected one stage a piece for me, you and mark....

15. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    does... not... compute...

16. Chris Rogerson

Chris Rogerson

Ratings:
    +0
    Stage 6 I got a 4:17.54. I have the html file if you need it, but I am very far behind even with this...

your call Andrew, and thx for arranging..

17. Chris Rogerson

Chris Rogerson

Ratings:
    +0
    on stage 6 I got a 4:17.54. i have the html anyway. It lessons the gap somewhat to 10 mins :nochance:

double post in disgust

18. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    yea mate - i like to have corrected times posted up here for transparency... if you want me to change it, blat it over to me... probably can't sort it until post-work tomorrow... but i will sort it.... :wink:

19. Bert Van Waes

Bert Van Waes

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, maybe you can help me, i need to know how to make those idiotic supporters and fans near the side off the road to be a bit quieter in replay. Are they situated under sound effects? or is that the whole car and all?

A bit strange...

20. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
    FEEP FEEP FEEP FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!
    FEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!
    FEEPFEEPFEEPHOOOONKFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

they're the best.... :nod:

(no idea mate)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.