Monday 24th August 2009 - Rally Endless Tarmac (Day 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

(but seriously... try the skoda... ran a bunch of stages with that earlier and it was v v nice.... needs a few setup tweaks to add some extra sauce)

Peugeot 206 was the fastest I tried, but was FWD and a bugger to handle. Wheels spinning, and when you touch the grass WAHAY!

You mean Peugeot 306, yes this car is a beast to handle and the force feedback is very strong. I don't know why, but in Richard Burns Rally, with the FWD, when i brake the rear tend to spin, i mean in GTR evo FWD are more easy to drive, but i think it's a question of habit....

Sorry Andrew, I'll have to pull out too.
I've got some training tonight that I really can't get out of!

Sorry mate, I'll make a debut at the next one...
I'll see how I go, but I might be able to scramble to Tuesdays Oceanic session. I'll let you know.

Thanks.

• Andrew Evans

peeps asked last week if it could be an hour earlier during the post-event discussion... i asked how you felt about that - but obv you missed it (or weren't even reading it) - therefore, i just assumed it would be cool....

would everyone be able to make a 10:30 GMT start?

unf, i otherwise have to embrace the start time which suits the majority of participants in that timezone... (which at the mo would be 10:00 GMT)

• Andrew Evans

nps mate; we all gotta chicken out sometimes.... bwahahahaha!

I really enjoyed this one! Made some mistakes in the Australia stages and had a retirement in stage 4. The American stages were really bumpy and the car was hard to handle at some points. The first 2 stages of the French stages I did not make any mistakes and made good times, the third stage also went good, but in the last stage I made so many mistakes, I ruined the car on some trees but the car survived.
At the end only 12 seconds difference between Warren and me.

peeps asked last week if it could be an hour earlier during the post-event discussion... i asked how you felt about that - but obv you missed it (or weren't even reading it) - therefore, i just assumed it would be cool....

would everyone be able to make a 10:30 GMT start?

unf, i otherwise have to embrace the start time which suits the majority of participants in that timezone... (which at the mo would be 10:00 GMT)

Thanks for the explanation.....I did miss that last week, yeah.
Unfortunately I don't finish work until about 8pm so looks like I'm out of luck with the start time (even 8:30pm is unlikely). However I understand you have to pick a time that suits the majority :).

Unfortunately I don't finish work until about 8pm so looks like I'm out of luck with the start time (even 8:30pm is unlikely). However I understand you have to pick a time that suits the majority :).

Whilst I'd much prefer the 8.00PM timeslot, if it helps Damien to join, then I'll accept the 9PM start time. Maybe if Damien can let us know early enough, we can use the 9.00PM time for events that he is sure to attend.

Lets see what the others think though.

While I muchly appreciate the offer, I'm not sure I can absolutely guarantee that I'll make an event. I certainly intend to make each event I sign up for but between work and family often RBR has to be put aside. Probably best to leave the start time as is.
Still, thanks for the offer :good:

Another enjoyable session with Peter tonight, thanks Peter. Even though we were close at the end, Peter was much faster overall (he was flying through the French countryside), I just had less serious crashes. This was a nice mix of tracks, each country was very different, but some stages were pretty tricky in these cars. The Pug seemed to be pretty tough however, Peter and I both tried hard to wreck them in some places. :giggle: They sure like to roll. :curse:

Not so happy with my performance,I had better rallies than today.

I've changed the landscape of Australia stages, no more trees there and I've lost some of my wheels in the holes of USA roads. France was much better.

I'll try tomorrow to recover some of the time loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 210 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%