F1 2011 Monaco Puntures

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Okay guys,
So for the past week (yes week), I have been trying to complete my career race at monaco. (Torro Rosso)
Let me start off by saying that the racing itself has been terrific! Close battles with surrounding opponents, for almost the entire race.
However, ive been getting so many punctures, just completely out of the blue, i haven't hit the walls or spun/locked my wheels up too much or gone off the racing line too much, and Im getting like 4 punctures over the 78 laps.
I've tried changing my cars set up so that its easier on the tyres, and it seemed to help for the first 75% of the race, but then i pitted to a fresh set of the super softs, and on my out-lap, i got a puncture going through Rascasse.

Im just wondering if anyone else is having this issue at monaco, because this is the only track where im getting THIS many punctures.

my strategy was:
Start on Options
Pit 1: Lap 20 primes
Pit 2: Lap 45 Primes
Pit 3: Lap 65 Options

In the end I ended up just giving up and crashing out on lap 71, and continuing to Canada.

If anyone can tell me if im doing anything wrong? Or if you're experiencing a similar issue, PLEASE let me know!

Cheers guys!

I can say that I've never had that but it might be setup related. This is the one I made a long time ago and I'm still using it, you might want to give it a shot and see if it's any better.

220px-Monte_Carlo_Formula_1_track_map.svg.png
22px-Flag_of_Monaco.svg.png
Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo

Game version: 1.02
Car used: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-26
Weather: Clear
Qualifying time: 1:10.458

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 9
Rear Wing Angle: 10

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-roll Bar: 3
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

Gearbox
Gear 1: 121 kph
Gear 2: 150 kph
Gear 3: 177 kph
Gear 4: 206 kph
Gear 5: 237 kph
Gear 6: 268 kph
Gear 7: 299 kph

Alignment
Camber front: -3.50
Camber rear: -1.50
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35

I remember the last club or league race at Monaco where 4 people had two punctures each so it's probably a problem here :)

Yeah my luck at most online races are punctures. I mean, i think the word itself follows me online. Just like my penultiamte race I did with you all @ suzuka, very last turn after the last chicane my rear right goes off and just drives me into the inner pit wall before crossing the finish line at the end of the last lap :cry:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back