Modular Mods 2021 - Base Files [Required]

Misc Modular Mods 2021 - Base Files [Required] 1.05

Login or Register an account to download this content
is there any way to use modular mods without having breaking point dlc? I can not set livery mod as I have to buy dlc firstly...
Currently, the MyTeam files use the Braking Point DLC as that is the most accessible way to get liveries that are editable with the diffuse maps (allows the fully custom designs). There are others in the game, but only a few available with the Podium Pass, and most were only available in the in-game store.

hey quick question. how do i change other teams liveries not just my team. for example say i want to install a mclaren gulf mod on the mclaren. how would i do that?
You need to download the F1 Teams Liveries mod template and use the McLaren file to install the mod using the Ego ERP Archiver.

Hi, I have downloaded it and placed it all in the correct place but when I launch the game it is completely normal with no mods, can anyone help?

I have the same issue... @Maian
Make sure you've followed the instructions on the description page. There is a video tutorial uploaded by ParkYongLee as well. Also, to be clear, this mod in particular has no other mod files. You need to download and install the other files that you want to change. This mod (the Base Files) is just to allow the others to work.

Last edited:
Well, you could duplicate the esports livery (I told you about it, it also uses full diffuse and works perfectly fine) and then use one of the free existing liveries and replace that emb context file with the duplicate, rename it, put the duplicate esports into the erp and call it a day, I think.

Wait, or maybe not, you would need to load that erp same way like ffb last year I think. Hm.
Or can we access the original esports livery freely? Then use that.

Last edited:
I don't think we can select the Esports livery in-game to use for the fom_car, though. Unless you're thinking of modifying it to replace one of the other default ones? I haven't tried that to know if it would give errors or not.

Lol it works so easy.

test.jpg

just replace livery_common_01 with a duplicate of esports (I did here with deluxe for common_2 and _3, because I wanted to see if it locks or not as I do not own any DLC), keep the original name, include the new material and texture into it done

1642529472941.png

or you just use the original esports_01 as common_1, easier done

loads fine from the achievements (wait, which means we can override fom_car content this way this year, lol)

of course you could keep the DLC usage, but the moment you replace a common with it, it would probably be against RD TOS :D

Last edited:
Hi, i am new to this mod, if i active this mod.. it makes every my team skin with different chassis or what?
This mod specifically only allows the other Modular Mods files to be read by the game. There's a spoiler on the description page that, when you expand it, lists all of the current modular mods template packages.

For some reason it doesnt work for me, i pasted the two folders,everything seems to be fine buti don't get any new start screem
What two folders? The _MODULAR_MODS folder goes into your F1 2021 game directory. Then you copy the 2021_asset_group folder into your F1 2021 game directory, and overwrite the files when it asks.

Verify your game files in steam to restore the game back to stock before trying again.

What two folders? The _MODULAR_MODS folder goes into your F1 2021 game directory. Then you copy the 2021_asset_group folder into your F1 2021 game directory, and overwrite the files when it asks.

Verify your game files in steam to restore the game back to stock before trying again.
I verified the files,then copy and pasted the _MODULAR_MODS folder and 2021_assets_group folder in my f1 2021 folder but nothing happened,i don't get any new start screen

Question: if me and a friend both install this, would we be able to do co-op career with the F1 2022 liveries mod? Or is this strictly for offline across the board?

Hi,
I've been using this mod for a long time and recently I saw a mod with 2022 performance and attempted to run it alongside the other mods listed near the bottom.

However, I can't seem to get the performance mod working with the FOM swap with custom livery. When adding the performance mod, the chassis, and livery change back to default as if FOM swap stops working.

I will also add that attempting to do a session and loading in, crashes the game after a few seconds.

I have these add-ons alongside modular base-files:
FomSwap
Reverse Grid
More DRS

Is not possible to FomSwap with a performance package?
Or am I doing it wrong?

Last edited:
Hi,
I've been using this mod for a long time and recently I saw a mod with 2022 performance and attempted to run it alongside the other mods listed near the bottom.

However, I can't seem to get the performance mod working with the FOM swap with custom livery. When adding the performance mod, the chassis, and livery change back to default as if FOM swap stops working.

I will also add that attempting to do a session and loading in, crashes the game after a few seconds.

I have these add-ons alongside modular base-files:
FomSwap
Reverse Grid
More DRS

Is not possible to FomSwap with a performance package?
Or am I doing it wrong?
The updated version of the performance mod has a few files in it that overlap with the fom swap files. Because of this, changes in one of them is overwritten by the other.

It can be fixed manually using the Ego ERP Archiver:
  1. Open the performance mod ERP file with the Ego ERP Archiver.
  2. Extract the xml files (last tab). You can click "export all" and it will make a folder "vehicle_performance_erp_xmlfiles" or something.
  3. Next, download the v1.00 of the performance template (this one makes no changes as downloaded, the remaining steps will mod it). https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/modular-mods-2021-car-performance-template.45862/history (it MUST be v1.00 - v1.01 will have the same issue).
  4. Copy the performance ERP file into the location of the modded one and overwrite. You can make a backup of the modded one of you're unsure.
  5. With the newly downloaded performance ERP file, open that file in the Ego ERP Archiver. Check to make sure this newly downloaded file has 0 files under the "pkg files" tab. If it has any, you've downloaded the wrong file.
  6. Click XML Files > Import All
  7. It will show a progress bar and tell you if it worked. If it failed or skipped, you'll just need to select the files one by one and import the files you exported previously.
  8. Save the ERP file once done, and place it in your _ACTIVE folder.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.