Mods disappear after applying changes to physics or Tracks

Hello everyone. I've come across a problem with rf2 . I want to make my own hdv physics in Rfactor 2 and it had been made properly , but when i put it into necessary folder after launching a game it rewrites to the previous original version of the physics and when i cease automatic updates and after that once again change the physics - the particular mod where the changes had been made - disappeared on the main screen of the game when i choose mods and it doesn't appear until i let the game update it to the original version of the steam once again. Please help me solve this problem.

Last edited:
I 'think' you have to make a new mas file. You cannot just drop the new files into the folder. Durge will know for sure.
Noooo ,, I've created a mas file and put it in the proper folder and it rewrites to the original mas file version when i launch the game , i don't know what to do , i am frustrated ,help me)))))))))

Last edited:
To all appearances , it depends on the mod , because on certain mods i managed to apply changes to .mas file and change HDV file , but .GDB file in tracks folder it is still impossible to change values , it rewrites to original when launching rfactor 2

Think it depends the kind of mod.
ie: Standalone with it's own folder or one that uses primary car folder.
Is car encrypted ?

Also see here
eve - community f3.jpg

Last edited:
I've found the solution, You need to prepare your mas files in advance, after starting the game on the main screen you should get back on your desktop and put all the necessary files in the rfactor 2 folder while being on the game and when you launch the track it works properly and doesn't rewrite to the original anymore

So, I'm not the only one. This is the topic I would like to talk... talking seriously, an important part of the fun of Rf1 was MAKING mods.
Rf2 simply drives me crazy, it could have been Rf1 mk.2, instead, they made difficult modding. Rfactor, modding... you know. I found easier turning back to Rf1

Last edited:
It's the anti cheat system. Each mas file has a security encryption. If the encryption doesn't match what's in the mft file (not at pc, maybe called something else) then the car/mod will fail.

All the HDV, veh, ini files are edited the same as rfactor1, you just have to pack everything afterwards as a rfcmp, as it generates the mft file with the encryption.

So, I'm not the only one. This is the topic I would like to talk... talking seriously, an important part of the fun of Rf1 was MAKING mods.
Rf2 simply drives me crazy, it could have been Rf1 mk.2, instead, they made difficult modding. Rfactor, modding... you know. I found easier turning back to Rf1
I use Automobilista 1 , with shaders and F1 real dashboard it's still absolutely amazing

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back