Mod work continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys sry, If there is one guy who i trust 100% in telling the difference between cars then its Mike and Iain.
Also very experieced guys like Damian and bryan and Ben saying this. All guys who you can find in the top 10. That says enough for me.
They don't have to do 100 laps to say this. The time differences arn't small.

Havn't done any laps myself yet but i trust these guys enough to be convinced it is to fast.
LOOOOOL

Gregory, the Morgan has to much power, it's that simple but that's an easy fix and the good and most positive thing about the mod is there is only about 3 things wrong on release, now that's good going for a brand new mod release. Normally there is more bugs and other things to fix. So all credits can go to everyone involved.

With the Minidumps, this is mainly due to a small beta testing team, when creating new mods or games you need a pretty big and experienced beta / development team. Usually they have different teams for different area's. STC has allot of talent in this department who I personally feel should of been involved with the Beta testing like I mentioned before and I think these Minidumps would of been spotted before released, not saying the beta team did not do a good job they did a great job but the more bodies and experience is better for these kind of projects. Most don't know but I have experience in this area, having worked in teams like IDt and GMT I've done work for the real champ car series, creation autosportif amongst other work with real teams / companies.

The main thing now is everyone giving support to Günthar, Max and STC to try fix the minidump problem, as the mod needs to be used in this up and coming season as it's a superb mod overall and will add allot to the STC series.

guys seriously... the Morgan is not so fast that you say...
like Bram say, she have a good handling, thats right... but like i say before, with good \\"wishes expressed\\", you can make the same time with minimum 5 others cars...that will be my last word about the Morgan... :)

Come on a server with me and I'll show you how fast it is. No one is saying it just to be difficult, but constantly contradicting each other gets us no where, I and alot of other people are a second or so faster in the Morgan than any other car including cars we know well and have setups for. Theres no way I can make any of the other cars go as fast, not the mod cars not the standard cars, its just the way it is, you don't agree is ok, but its true. latest lap record is a 1.43.9 on British GP (from last season) in the Morgan beating my previous one in the STC 997 of 1.44.6. I did that within 20 laps with minimal setup tweaks. I tried to repeat it with other mod cars and couldn't get better than a 1.45.5, its just the way it is why tell us its not?

There is a conflict with the MMG F1 mod it seems.

This Issue has happened with me, Mikko and Teo. When we installed the MMG F1 Mod for Evo, ever since then when trying to enter a server with the new STC mod it says incompatible or modified game blah blah etc, but it also shows the STC class in the lobby as "Unknown" Both me and Mikko did a reinstall of Evo and just installed the new STC mod and it worked fine. Teo deleted the MMG F1 Vehicles and UI Data folder and it works fine for him again. And just for testing purposes now I just installed the MMG F1 mod and checked on-line and it says the new STC class is unknown again and you cant join the server.

Is anyone else suffering this problem with these two mods installed together?

Regards,
www.dhrgp.com

There is a conflict with the MMG F1 mod it seems.

This Issue has happened with me, Mikko and Teo. When we installed the MMG F1 Mod for Evo, ever since then when trying to enter a server with the new STC mod it says incompatible or modified game blah blah etc, but it also shows the STC class in the lobby as \"Unknown\" Both me and Mikko did a reinstall of Evo and just installed the new STC mod and it worked fine. Teo deleted the MMG F1 Vehicles and UI Data folder and it works fine for him again. And just for testing purposes now I just installed the MMG F1 mod and checked on-line and it says the new STC class is unknown again and you cant join the server.

Is anyone else suffering this problem with these two mods installed together?

Regards,
www.dhrgp.com

I noticed yesterday that i couldn't join the STC/BVM/Marcin's server as it said unknown mod. I did also have the F1 mod installed.
I did a clean install of race 07 and just installed the mod and then it let me race online

I have received a PM with next content:
I'm sorry David I hate to disagree over this but there are too many people who pretend all it well and perfect when there is alot that could be better. And I have to say it, the balance is one thing but the mini dumps is another, how can a tested mod be crashing for everyone every 5 mins? If all of us had tested it we would have known about this issue much earlier.
I will not say from who it is, but I am not up to admit that "there are lots of things that could be better" when there are not. And more than this, in my opinion it is a bit offending way to obviate the months of work we have put into this and I would say even coward to do it into a PM. Whoever wants to argue like this with me, do it in the public and visible part and not in a PM.

We already took care of the Morgan, minidumps, and the less important things as Ferrari and Lambo sounds. If you think these are a lot of things that could be better for a MOD of 20 cars...

Other ideas are welcome, feel free to start any test with the persons you find necesary and even to create your own betta testing team if you don´t trust the guys that made the work. We are up even to cancel the Blue Cup and beta test 6 months more and then get it ready to the Black Cup2010.

Want to add one thing.

After this statement David made, wich exactly means: "Please discuss all you have to say in this public thread", I want to really work to fix the minidumps thing, as 10 persons for months did not suffer a single one and on the other side, there are persons suffering it every 5 mins.

We need to know:

Track, car model, cam causing it, as well as if other people in same conditions or if you are suffering it every time you are in that conditions.

Please focus on this.

Thanx.

Ok, I have no idea what the problem can be. I made a test with some cars both offline and online and using both cockpit and swingman view...

Spa - Ferrari: No problems
Donington - Ultima: No problems
Paul Ricard - Lambo: No problems
Hockenheim- Viper: No problems

Online (Valencia):
Ultima: No problems
BMW M3: No problems

I have NO idea... AAARRRGH!

I have received a PM with next content: I will not say from who it is, but I am not up to admit that \\\"there are lots of things that could be better\\\" when there are not. And more than this, in my opinion it is a bit offending way to obviate the months of work we have put into this and I would say even coward to do it into a PM. Whoever wants to argue like this with me, do it in the public and visible part and not in a PM.

We already took care of the Morgan, minidumps, and the less important things as Ferrari and Lambo sounds. If you think these are a lot of things that could be better for a MOD of 20 cars...

Other ideas are welcome, feel free to start any test with the persons you find necesary and even to create your own betta testing team if you don´t trust the guys that made the work. We are up even to cancel the Blue Cup and beta test 6 months more and then get it ready to the Black Cup2010.

I sent that PM I'm not a coward, wasn't meant to upset you. And you have taken it out of context, post the whole chain if your gonna do that sort of thing. Posting that pm was a really underhand thing to do David.

Sorry if I offended you and your team, I'm actually your biggest fan. Its all passion for the league so I'm sorry. I still mean everything I say though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes