Mod work continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Fredrik Tackman

have 2 other mods insatlled,not those thogh,I tr to take them away.
thx

• Fredrik Tackman

@Xosé,we where on a DMSv server,I dont know if that one have other mods installed,I chek it out,and I try on the STC server aswell . THX

About the cars, please guys, before coming here and start posting about the diferences BE SURE AND MAKE LONG TESTS to assure all the info is correct. I can´t believe you have done in 2 hours what we have been doing in the last months (joking :D), so please try to be as accurate as possible, and bring pictures, laptimes, etc.

I mean, you say the Morgan is lot faster with default setup, but it is not a correct reference, you have to setup all 20 cars, and then test them one by one, I doubt you had time in one night to do it (or you are completely vicios and insane :D). We did not found that diference when we tested in Valencia circuit. In fact we found all the cars (using a basic but not default setup) where close in his performance.

About tyre wear, I think the diference is not up to the car but to the tyre itself, to the compound. And obviously every car will be as diferent as in real life they are. There are chassis with a very cool performance on the tyres, and there are chassis that really damage the tyres in not many laps.

We can adjust if we find a car is out of the overall perfromance by a great diference of course, or if we find a "non realistyc" feature. But I think the overall part of the MOD is correct.

But I have to say aswell that we will be gratefull if you really found something we did not, the idea is to get it working as well as possible.

Its only one car David, thats why we say it, the others seem balanced well. Unless that Morgan has a small fuel tank its too fast, on default m8 we were flying and I mean flyin faster than existing sport car setups developed since EVO was released. As I said the rest seem ok, but the Morgan is obviously quicker, and I'm not alone knowing that. So far with the Morgan we only tested Donni and Nords, the guys testing Nords said he was able to repeat his fastest times with default setup and he wasn't driving it well (there was more time to find) Also as said before around Donnington its faster by a long way, I managed to hit 1.29.8 in practice last season in the 997 after alot of practice and setup work, but it was hard to do it consistently, the Morgan we had two people instantly in the 29s default setup and it was easy (thats without practice or a setup, so I imagine there would be alot more time to find with a setup and time spent with the car etc). We are going to test on a longer circuit tonight, so will post the results.

But as I said, the rest seem good, I couldn't pick out a car like the Morgan they all seem to have something to work with and comparible times. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking your work, its just one car thats all, no biggy and a job well done in my view.

Sure Mike, I think the Morgan already showed it is faster than the others. We are up to make a better MOD all the time and gratefull for your help to get it.

Please read again my post as I was editing it when yu posted.

• Torbjörn Lindau

Nice work!
I experience minidumps when I tried Donington online yesterday.
When I tried swingman-view I could not complete one lap before it crached.
I first tried the GT40 and then with another car with the same result.
When I switched to cockpit-view it worked better.
It all ended with blue screen.
Is there anyone that have tried swingman-view with success?

Keep up the good work!
/Torbjörn

Sure Mike, I think the Morgan already showed it is faster than the others. We are up to make a better MOD all the time and gratefull for your help to get it.

Please read again my post as I was editing it when yu posted.

Lol I was in edit mode aswell, so much to say, and want to say it right. Its important to me not to go over the top, because I think the Mod is superb.

Mo worries Mike, :) I already know you try to help as everybody here. So I didn´t feel ofended or somthing like this :D. I think we are looking for the same thing, and it is getting a better MOD (the little bit better it can be).

I only was saying that you have to test also in slow circuits, setup all 20 cars, etc. to get a serious test result. But if the Morgan is obviously faster, I am up to adjust whatever you find and prove wrong.

Nice work!

Keep up the good work!
/Torbjörn

I had no problems with it Torbjorn, I had a couple of mindumps when watching TV cams in the race monitor, but I really thought it was a game problem. .

• Torbjörn Lindau

I had no problems with it Torbjorn, I had a couple of mindumps when watching TV cams in the race monitor, but I really thought it was a game problem. .

Mabe the problem is on my side then.
Tonight I will uninstall the porschemod I have and then give it another try.
Thanks for the answer!

• Roland Ehnström

Give the Morgan to Vincent or Roland lets see if they can smash their best times on their favourite circuits...up for the challenge lads?

I would love to try it, but today my G25 broke down an hour into testing the mod, DOH!!! I hadn't driven a single lap since the Anderstorp race in November, and now I'm just sitting here with no wheel aching to drive, LOL!

Seems like a great mod though, awesome work! Only slight issue I found was an annoying "loop" in the sound of the Ferrari 430 (the Ferrari sound is also a bit too distorted for my liking).

about the Morgan...
i see that some guys think that she is "to fast". i dont think so, its "only" a good car, im only faster of 0.2/0.3 than with the E92, or Corvette, or Mosler, or Aston, etc...
I think that we can "separate" the MOD in three or four "parts":
Car Fast and easy to drive
Car less fast and easy to drive
Car fast but not easy to drive
Car less fast.

then you will say everyone will take a fast and easy car to drive, but all cars dont react in the same "way", tires, fuel,...
then i think that all in one, all cars are "competitive"... :)

@Gregory: same feelings here, we saw in other rounds that for instance RPM - with superb manpower by Haba et.al. - made the Sunred a winner, and who would ever have thought so? Also, taking that huge longish fishboat of a ride round a track like Adria and Long Beach might be a different matter altogether. So, before Davido and friends get active, let's take a week or so of comments. Maybe staff could open a thread with subthreads for every ride? would that make sense?

Gregory made LOTS of beta tetsing laps, and he really tested all the models and created a basic setup for all of them.

I don´t want to say he is right, but I point more to what Eckhart says, test and test more, and then a bit more, and then in a week or so make a conclusion.

Maybe opening a special temporary forum for the MOD woud be a good idea Eckhart. Will tell Xosé.

I can confirm the Morgan is to fast as some others have found out, it's quite a bit faster then the default GT Sport cars round Doni and Paul Ricard.

I've only gave 4 of the mod cars a test but the mod seems great overall. My only gripe so far would be the Morgan and the Lambo external sound being to low pitch, the car sounds like music in real life and revs really high. But that's an easy fix, I can do it np if needed.

Nice work!

Keep up the good work!
/Torbjörn

I always drive in swingman camera and i had no issues at all.
I was driving around Donington National

I was just testing at Suzuka in SwingArm view see if I would get a mini dump and I got one pretty much straight away, this was in the Ultima. It did not happen at Doni though in same car when I tried SwingArm though, will test it more. No others mods installed, clean new install. (Usually use Cockpit here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back