[MOD HELP] How do I add an S1 car or ALT car

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
I want to edit the Ferrari 488 GTB. I wan't to shave off 200lbs like how Ferrari did for the F430 Scuderia. And maybe adjust the final gear and stiffen up the suspension a little. But for now I just want to shave off some weight.

I'd assume that the data.acd file would hold this information so finding a way to edit that would be my first port of call.

Maybe a modder could confirm this, though.. and which program is best to use to edit!

You need to unpack the data.acd file for the car with QuickBMS, google it and download the program and the Assetto Corsa DATA.ACD extractor script for it. There are some great YouTube videos on how to use it, watch those first so you don't get confused as it's not that user friendly.

Make sure you create a folder in the QuickBMS folder with "exactly" the same name as the car folder eg: ks_ferrari_488_gtb and put a copy of the data.acd file for that car in that folder, then create a folder inside the QuickBMS ks_ferrari_488_gtb folder called: data

Unpack the data.acd file into the data folder, if you don't do it this way and have the same folder name as the folder it came from it will get scrambled. Put the data folder full of the files into the actual ks_ferrari_488_gtb car folder in your game directory, rename the original data.acd file in that directory to something else, data.acd.Orig for example or the game will ignore the data folder and use the data.acd instead. The game will run fine using the data folder, you can then look into and modify with notepad all the files in there, be careful to keep copies of the original files as if you mess something up the car may not load, I would start with the car.ini file for the weight, it's under "TOTALMASS="

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir. I wish Kunos would have a 'Research & Development' mode. Basically you can edit all parameters of the car with a .txt file so you can learn how power and weight really affect the car and really discover why they are designed they way they are. I know some people say they want a straight piped 1200hp turbo Huracan, but do they? The car might become un-driveable. This way someone can do with ease what I proposed. I wonder if you can edit body and wheel mass? or engine mass?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back