AC Moby Dick @ Goodwood - Wed 07 August 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Does any one know how to get this car off the line
from a standing start without losing first gear, it chugs off the starting line slower than my horse drawn milk cart.
With just 4 gears, losing first could be a pain.:(

Does any one know how to get this car off the line
from a standing start without losing first gear, it chugs off the starting line slower than my horse drawn milk cart.
With just 4 gears, losing first could be a pain.:(
The clutch is your friend --you can turn off Auto clutch for this procedure --it will make it easier..
if you use that...

yes, forgot to mention that, i have paddle shifters only, so i cannot create any boost, hence, i will be
chugging of the start line.
So definitely no point in qualifying for me.:roflmao::roflmao:

Replay shows that I drifted across into @Ronnie Böhme at the start of race 2. Sorry Ronnie. :(
The collision detection of AC makes the cars stick together which makes things worse. I should have given you the place though. Sorry again.
Great race after that though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thought I would get sent to the pits for a false start.
Got disqualified, probably missed the warning to do a
Pit stop, assuming that is what should happen.
No point in hanging about, so early shower for me.
This car was good fun, but the inability to get it off
the line made it impossible for the start in race 2.
Said it many times before, never understand why these types of races are undersubscribed.
Cheers Craig for putting on the event.:thumbsup:

Replay shows that I drifted across into @Ronnie Böhme at the start of race 2. Sorry Ronnie. :(
The collision detection of AC makes the cars stick together which makes things worse. I should have given you the place though. Sorry again.
Great race after that though. :thumbsup:
No worries mate ;):thumbsup:. No harm done at all. My races were absolute disasters anyway :mad:

I couldn't build a decent setup if my life depended on it. I could squeeze a few 13s out but the car was absolutely unpredictable. Would any of you kind sirs share his setup so I can learn what I did wrong.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that, tried every setup I could,
With respect to the cars rear end.
In the end it seemed to be where you were positioned
on the road and where you were in the power band.
One lap, in that place, foot planted, next lap, same place, struggling to find grip and constantly counter steering.
Not sure there is a correct setup for this circuit.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back