Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

• Deleted member 1449502

I feel the engine audio makes a big difference to the connection I get with my tactile setup. That's why I spend most of my time on AC now and buying sound mods. I kind of spend just as much time trying to find the perfect sound mods for the cars I like as anything else now

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I can share my DSP settings. In fact I already did.

I'd suggest starting by just doubling up on your TST channels with the exciters, one effect at a time and see what you like. Past that all the exciter effects I'm using are currently in testing and not mine to share. They are numerous layers of individual effects that I did not create.

Make sure to keep the amplifier volume low 2 notches above 0 as has been shared already.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1449502

We will hopefully get to have a look at them in good time when Mr Latte fully launches his race bass offerings

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 197115

1. Being seat belted in obviously makes me feel a lot more of the tactile in the seat.
2. Without my VR headset on I could hear the transducers buzzing a bit, not bad, but I also wasn't hearing the sound track.
May be it's seat belt and headphones that made tactile stand more.
But in general being isolated in VR accentuate some sensory, same as blind people hearing better, FFB feels better too, btw.

• Deleted member 1449502

Same for me.....I found that for me in sim racing the most immersive effects are sound combined with vibration. Sounds being the biggest effect and then vibration. At start, during the lap formation and during the race. Real g-forces would then be the 3rd but they can't really be simulated in sim racing despite a motion system.

Your post reminds me to check for sound packs if available for AMS2 (just downloaded it a few days ago) and ACC (what I was playing the most so far).
If you have AC I can send you a few car mods with sound mods that will rip your face off!

• Deleted member 1449502

For a set for the seat and the pedals, the racebass isolators will be around $340 (and only for the seat around $200), when taking into account the shipping costs, custom fees and taxes.

I am sure you could try to get these for a few dollars less if you buy the Simtag pedals black edition together ...Look at the "deals"....LOL

View attachment 514870

And for those without transducers, amps etc....Racebass has many packages ....

FYI: 1 EUR = 1.2 USD
Happy to see Mr Latte's work coming to fruition, he deserves all the success ahead!

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Just found out that my new seat belts that I thought were shipping from from one state away with 1-2 day UPS shipping are actually coming from Las Vegas and won't be here until Monday :(

Another weekend with my crunchy seat belts. I think the video will wait until they arrive.

Starting to create a sell pile. The problem is that it's almost not worth the time to ship this stuff for what it's worth. But it's taking up space and I don't want it going to waste.
SellPile1_7021.jpg
SellPile2_7024.jpg
SellPile3_7025.jpg

Last edited:
I think we are clearly seeing that each form of Sim racing feedback is additive.

Audio, VR, FFB, seatbelt tensioning, tactile and motion all help make each other more than they are alone.

Motion feels more realistic with tactile bumps. The engine feels better if it sounds good. FFB adds to tactile such that when I feel a bump in the wheel, at my feet and in my seat, that sensation doesn't have to be as strong from any one place because I'm receiving a combination of sensations.

That begs the question about how well the relative tactile intensities hold up between rigs with different supporting effects.

Screen(s) vs VR
Belt tensioning or none
Motion or none.
I'm going to assume FFB will always be a given in this area.

I wouldn't notice the exciters nearly as much if I wasn't cinched down to my seat. Obvious, but very true.

So even if tactile with identical isolation, DSP profiles, amplification and transducers feels the same as can be empirically measured, it will be perceived differently by someone depending on how many other contributing factors reinforce the effect being felt making it effectively feel stronger.

Last edited:
Hence, good luck getting everyone to feel exactly the same in order to "qualify" for advanced profile use. It's impossible. But, not my place to say I guess. I'll get my system sorted the way I like it and actually go and drive the cars.

Hence, good luck getting everyone to feel exactly the same in order to "qualify" for advanced profile use. It's impossible. But, not my place to say I guess. I'll get my system sorted the way I like it and actually go and drive the cars.

My hope is that with the effects well balanced per sim that this will be done mostly through a single overall intensity slider at the top of the profile. We may want the front and rear on separate sliders for a bit of additional compensation, but still that should be pretty simple for most people to adjust to taste.

• Deleted member 197115

My hope is that with the effects well balanced per sim that this will be done mostly through a single overall intensity slider at the top of the profile. We may want the front and rear on separate sliders for a bit of additional compensation, but still that should be pretty simple for most people to adjust to taste.
Transducers response, esp. piston type, can vary drastically depending on amplitude used.

effects well balanced
By no coincidence, there is a method,
involving six (6!) Windows apps plus an Android app,
for tweaking multichannel effects' balance from one's cockpit:

Android Wireless Mixer - MIDI app

Impatience led to finding an Android app to serve as a small MIDI control surface.
Installation instructions are here:
Disappointingly, SimHub's MIDI plugin seemingly supports only CC messages (buttons),
not e.g. sliders:
JavaScript:
var midi = $prop('InputStatus.PluginManager.DSMIDI out_ControlChange_0');
var s = 1;
for (var i = 1; i < 126; i++)
  if (null != $prop('InputStatus.PluginManager.DSMIDI out_ControlChange_'+i)) {
    midi += $prop('InputStatus.PluginManager.DSMIDI out_ControlChange_'+i)<<s;
    s++;
  }
return s+','+midi.toString(16)
Raw result
29,162c02e4

JavaScript:
if (null == root['s'])
  root['s'] = 1;
var s = root['s'];
while (null == $prop('InputStatus.PluginManager.DSMIDI out_ControlChange_'+s)) {
  if (126 <= s)
    s = 1;
  else s++;
}
if (root['s'] == s)
  s++;
root['s'] = s;
return s * $prop('InputStatus.PluginManager.DSMIDI out_ControlChange_'+s)/2;
Half of the apps are to support that Android Wireless Mixer
and are not required e.g. when using a USB MIDI control surface.
VSTHost.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.9%