Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed that post, now I think about it, iracing has changed. It used to be sometimes you crash you had to keep holding the wheel hard while you waited to escape out of the car so the wheel wouldn't go beserk if the front wheels were out of whack, etc. I cant really remember any incident o flate where I got prepared for the hard whack I was accustomed to in iracing.

Re the wheel losing power on impacts etc. I did have that not too long ago, it turned out one of the power cords had come out of one power pack, I have an sc2 pro with 2xpower packs. One is enough for a lot of driving but when it reaches a peak and there is not enough power it seems to turn off the ffb.

• Deleted member 197115

In fact if I do let go of the wheel before it hits a wall, the steering wheel's FFB cuts out completely and comes back after a brief period.
It sounds like Hands Off detection, check what it's set to on Hardware tab.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

• Deleted member 197115

10 updates for SC2, just got our first one on SC1 in around a year.
Someone seeded an idea into Mika's head that HW driver must be an online thing, so he kept himself busy for the last year making it happen and breaking all other stuff along the way.
In all these 10 releases there wasn't a single functional improvement.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

It's funny to hear all the complaints. I upgraded my SC2 software last July or early August and my wheel has never been better.

I really liked the cloud profiles for iRacing and Dirt Rally 2.0 that I found and my FFB has never felt better.

It's been all upside for me. I don't worry about it hurting me or going wild in a crash anymore and the feel is fantastic.

I even now get how people would pick direct drive FFB over motion and tactile now. It's now that good

Did I just pick a magic moment to upgrade my software/firmware?

I'm not logging in and run offline picking from the profiles I've already downloaded so I've yet to see any downside.

It's funny to hear all the complaints. I upgraded my SC2 software last July or early August and my wheel has never been better.

I really liked the cloud profiles for iRacing and Dirt Rally 2.0 that I found and my FFB has never felt better.

It's been all upside for me. I don't worry about it hurting me or going wild in a crash anymore and the feel is fantastic.

I even now get how people would pick direct drive FFB over motion and tactile now. It's now that good

Did I just pick a magic moment to upgrade my software/firmware?

I'm not logging in and run offline picking from the profiles I've already downloaded so I've yet to see any downside.
I went to the cloud system. I might be easily pleased though :) I picked a few profiles and I am happy with it. I also have not had any issues that came about from the sc2 upgrades, although I did miss a few I think I am on the latest.

I even asked for a feature request and got a reply that it was added to the list so happy about that :)

OMG! This iRacing tactile profile is amazing!!!

The first thing I did this morning was basically undo some of the tweaks I made yesterday.

I've noticed that I tend to take a little time to get used to some changes. So initially things don't feel right, but then the following day, after it sinks in a bit and doesn't feel "different" anymore I can get a better feel for how it is. This is probably why I end up putting things back the next day.

The Rumble, Vibration, Impact, Speed effects work beautifully together. The wheel slide is very good. The engine feels right through the rpm range, the gear shifts are better than they have ever felt. The exciters are doing their thing and reinforcing a number of effects very nicely.

Today I switched to Road Atlanta which has a lot of great features including some rumble strips that you tend to get into, a long straight to get some serious speed, lots of change of grade and S's and a place especially on the corner before the finish line where you are going to be on the edge with wheel slide at high speed.

Just filled up my water bottle. Going back in! This is really something!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

These are not just "complaints", the last known golden release was 2020.10, everything else introduced in 2021 had some issues, some breaking, some not, but affecting FFB quality by adding extra noise.
2021.9 seems to be fine for most although there are still some reports on noisy feedback Mika is looking into. Next release will also have fix for R3E uncontrollably spinning wheel on exit.

• Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Apparently the October firmware update, for SC1, not sure if they are the same, fixed the spinning wheel issue. Although, I've not seen this issue ever in Raceroom. There were some issues with that sim concerning curbs and collision effects, where even if you had it on like 20% force, if you touch a curb with a wheel it felt like it had 100% of the force applied and nearly broke my hands. Turning those effects off fixed it a while ago, but not a solution really as that is surely a bug. Not sure if that's been rectified. But, as a SC1 owner, I guess not having updates was a good thing. The wheel has always felt great.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

The Panos profile I snagged from GD forum for ACC was a huge upgrade for me…believe some of the guys here worked together on tweaks with him on that.

…I did need to reduce the “strength” of his settings though but the settings and feedback are WAY better than what I was previously running.

Also, no issues on FW for me. But I always also way most of the months this year, so might have missed all the hiccups.

• Deleted member 197115

The Panos profile I snagged from GD forum for ACC was a huge upgrade for me…believe some of the guys here worked together on tweaks with him on that.
We were going back and forth with static force reduction and dynamic damping, in the end I just went back to my original more traditional settings with Dynamic Damper as recommended by Kunos.

Any specific reason that we should know of and that you would like to share with the community here
I was actually saying that jokingly. I'm sure it's a great source of information.

On the one hand I hadn't had any issues and was blissfully ignorant other people had them. On the other hand when the cloud profiles were released I found that there were much better profiles out there and I hadn't felt what my SC2 was capable of.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies