Mirrors

In what way you want to adjust the mirrors?
In the assetto_corsa.ini you can change the fov and the far plane of the mirrors. I have set the fov to 20 (10 is default I remember?) and it's much better. You just see more.
Far plane should be the view distance.
Is that what you wanted?

I was assuming he meant the mirror angle in relation to the head position..to be able to angle the mirrors like you can in a real car...to eliminate the blindspot as much as possible...but I am going to have a play with that setting you just posted, it sounds interesting...but when I was setting up my triple monitors I found it was head position set in relation to the monitor setup etc that I had to get right....once the monitor/s are setup correctly you can just fine adjust with the head position tool...but I could well be barking up the wrong tree here lol

Interesting!
Are the mirrors really changing with the head position? I thought the image displayed in the mirrors is always the same, regardless of how you adjust the Cockpit/helmet camera.
Or how do you change the head position? I use the standard app which has the helmet as icon :)

yeah the side mirrors change with the fov and head position I believe (I am probably wrong)...using the head positioning tool (app) on the sidebar the side mirrors do seem to change once you have your monitor setup correctly for your real life view...I think you have to press either reset or auto position once you have made any fov (or in my case, any triple monitor adjustments using the side app)...again...I am no expert, but I do seem to be making changes to what I can see out of the side mirrors....there seems to be a very small 'sweetspot'...you just have to tinker until you hit it :).
Theres seems to be little or no correlation between different cars...you have to get the setting right for each car (head position app again) and save it...sometimes the reset is good and just needs a little adjusting...sometimes the auto position is better...mod cars are even worse...there are some that I cant get the view right no matter what I do without changing the actual monitor setup which then throws out all the other cars views...the whole thing is a bit of a PITA :).
A guide that I go by when setting up views is the drivers hands...I try to keep them the same size in each vehicle setup, but again its never right...I spend more time adjusting my views than I do actually racing lol...then throw in headtracking and start all over again lol.
Another tip....watch some laps in replay from the drivers position and make adjustments as you watch the replay.

Last edited:
I mean when using this view to play cause when driving like this at the moment the mirrors resemble an old CRT TV not tuned in. I'd like to be able to see other cars in the mirrors. If u cant change it them it's just stupid!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_acfl_2017_ferrari_ks_brands_hatch_4-6-117-13-51-33.jpg
    Screenshot_acfl_2017_ferrari_ks_brands_hatch_4-6-117-13-51-33.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 265
I mean when using this view to play cause when driving like this at the moment the mirrors resemble an old CRT TV not tuned in. I'd like to be able to see other cars in the mirrors. If u cant change it them it's just stupid!!!

you can change the mirrors resolution and quality from the launcher menu...if its a mod car you are racing then I find sometimes the rear view internal mirror can look a bit crap.

I mean, it's just "as designed" - 1 mirror costs less gpu time to render, so they have 1 mirror texture per car and the mirrors use different parts of the texture. Vs. having to use 3 (left/middle/right) or 6 (left/middle/right in VR) which would cost as much as rendering the reflection map at full frequency (6 sides of a cube per frame)

Digging this old thread up, as I noticed something funny yesterday. As mentioned above, when driving in VR and I suspect trackIR is the same, the mirrors angle is fixed and not affected by head movement...BUT...when switching to another car and occupying the drivers position, all mirrors are magically dynamic in what they display in relation to the head position. I guess, there is a classification in the mirrors, where we have dynamic and static ones. So it is technically possible, just not added for the own cars mirrors...Kunos, why this? Make us happy and add this for every mirror ;)
Is there a why to mod this?

Digging this old thread up, as I noticed something funny yesterday. As mentioned above, when driving in VR and I suspect trackIR is the same, the mirrors angle is fixed and not affected by head movement...BUT...when switching to another car and occupying the drivers position, all mirrors are magically dynamic in what they display in relation to the head position. I guess, there is a classification in the mirrors, where we have dynamic and static ones. So it is technically possible, just not added for the own cars mirrors...Kunos, why this? Make us happy and add this for every mirror ;)
Is there a why to mod this?
Without knowing much about it, I fear it's not that easy to implement.
Your "static" and "dynamic" isn't adjustable that easily.

What you have now is that the camera position switches the mirrors once into another static position.
To have them dynamic while moving your head you'd need to transform this algorithm from "once at cam/head position switch" to "real time".

I agree that it would be awesome but you'd really have to dig through a lot of code and change a lot so I won't have many hopes for this feature to come :(

In your own cockpit view (and maybe dashboard?), it uses the intended mirror textures (static angle). They're set up to show what's behind your car regardless where you stick your head.

In any other camera, it uses the generic reflection cubemap. Which does not render cars at all (to improve fps), and is much lower resolution (unless you go weird in the graphics setup and have ultra high quality reflections, and low quality mirrors). And it points wherever it happens to point, there's no way to adjust the angle of the mirrors to match your driving position. As far as I know its point of origin is the center of your car, so it wouldn't really be better as far as accurately positioning other vehicles anyway.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back