Minimum demands on videocard to play RACE?

S

superpats[RTS]

• superpats[RTS]

Hi all,

I try to find out whats the best minimum graphic card to play Race wtcc. I'm not looking for the most expensive of course but a card to run the game smoothly.
Please guys tell me what (AGP) card you have.

I know, the Simbin site recommends a 256mb 3d card, but my granny Ti 4800 256mb doesn't understands the game (a directX problem).

My system is ,as you can see ,not up-to-date.
asus a7n8x amd 2200+ 1024mb nVidea 4800 :oops:

Thanks in advance.
superpats.

I think there is a programming or communication problem between the game and Ati cards.

I have a Radeon 9800 XT, 256 Mb card, which should deal with games like a dream (ok, i admit there are newer ones, but still it is hell of a strong vid card), but in Race i cant go higher then 1280*960, mid level setting.

Strange....

GTR 2 is running on 1600*1200 high level without a blink.

Racemaus[RPM said:
]I've a 6200 and Race even runs pretty good on it :)
Scyp[RPM said:
]I've got a 7900GS it runs smoothly!

Here you see 2 people with NVIDIA mid and low range cards and both are satisfied.

If you can then go for the 7600GS, it should be available for 100 Euro's, don't pay more than this.

The 7600GS uses the same G73 core featuring all 12 pixel pipelines along with the 5 vertex pipelines. Furthermore the 7600GS still offers support for all the new rendering technologies such as Ultra Shadow II and is capable of utilizing SLI mode. The 7600GS also uses the same 128-bit wide memory bus and 256MB of onboard GDDR2 memory just like the 7600GT.

Where the two differ is of course in the memory and core clock frequencies. While the 7600GT comes with a core clock of 560MHz, the GS version is clocked at just 400MHz giving it a 40% lower core clock. The memory frequencies are a similar story, as the 7600GS comes clocked at a whopping 75% less as the memory operates at just 800MHz DDR. These two factors alone are obviously going to limit the performance of the 7600GS. However, although the 7600GS is roughly 40% cheaper than the 7600GT version, the performance margins between the two are generally less than 40%.

What most users will find interesting about the GeForce 7600GS is that it can be quite easily passively cooled. Most passively cooled graphics cards feature huge dual slot heatsinks that are infested with complex heatpipe networks.

Overclocking the 7600GS is easy, the memory will top out around 900MHz DDR. The core will hit around 500MHz.

• linchpin[RTS]

With a little luck, I hope I'll find these cards based on DDR3 memory. I must say finding card good for me with good price is a hard thing, I'm still running AGP... :( But I'm pretty sure, that change for one of these will give my games a real kick!

For comparision, my current score in 3DMark03 (running on default test settings) is ~2200 pts for default ati 9550 and ~3100 with o/c.

• -=OTR=-Racing

PureOwnage[RPM said:
]
sukhoi[RPM said:
]I approve stiggy! Let's buy an Nvidia GeForce 7600Gt for 170 euros!
Let's just verify that the rest of your system can be support it! :p

On what quality can you play RACE with the Nvidia GeForce 7600Gt??
Because i have the Ati Radeon X800GT (still +-200 euro) and i have to play RACE on Medium quality otherwise i get lags on my screen when i'm driving online... :?

intro.jpg

Really? I have a x800Pro and I am Running everything on high smooth as can be. I love my x800 the thing handles everything I throw at it and I've never had problems a year and a half later.

• Rick Klomp

i have an ati radeon on my old pc ati radion 198 pro 256 end i can run race max on it bud i play it on my laptop end dhere i have an nvidia 7600

• Peter Meijer

sukhoi said:
I approve stiggy! Let's buy an Nvidia GeForce 7600Gt for 170 euros!

Lol?? €170,-? That's cheap...
Is it a good one? Because my brother just bought a Nvidia for €290,-

• Peter Meijer

-=OTR=-Racing said:
PureOwnage[RPM said:
]
sukhoi[RPM said:
]I approve stiggy! Let's buy an Nvidia GeForce 7600Gt for 170 euros!

On what quality can you play RACE with the Nvidia GeForce 7600Gt??
Because i have the Ati Radeon X800GT (still +-200 euro) and i have to play RACE on Medium quality otherwise i get lags on my screen when i'm driving online... :?

intro.jpg

Really? I have a x800Pro and I am Running everything on high smooth as can be. I love my x800 the thing handles everything I throw at it and I've never had problems a year and a half later.

No i tested some things, and i can run everything on Max Quality. It was just a laggy server :D ;)

• Jay Wong

Laptop- Centrino Duo 1.83
2gb ram
Card: 7400go - 1280x800 - All Analyzing off + low detail, low shadow, runs ok around 60fps

Desktop - Core 2 Duo E6600
1gb ram
7900gs - 1280 x 1024 - Full AA + highest detail on everything, runs at least 100fps

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back