Minimum demands on videocard to play RACE?

S

superpats[RTS]

• superpats[RTS]

Hi all,

I try to find out whats the best minimum graphic card to play Race wtcc. I'm not looking for the most expensive of course but a card to run the game smoothly.
Please guys tell me what (AGP) card you have.

I know, the Simbin site recommends a 256mb 3d card, but my granny Ti 4800 256mb doesn't understands the game (a directX problem).

My system is ,as you can see ,not up-to-date.
asus a7n8x amd 2200+ 1024mb nVidea 4800 :oops:

Thanks in advance.
superpats.

• linchpin[RTS]

Omg, I'm starting to worry if my hardware handles Race... I have Ati Radeon 9550 which is fully DX9 capable, but it's not a performance monster :) I'm currently trying todownload and install trial version of Race, so as soon as I'm done I'll surely share my experiences about game runing on low-end system.

• Rick Klomp

minimum graphic card to play RACE

superpats said:
Hi all,

I try to find out whats the best minimum graphic card to play Race wtcc. I'm not looking for the most expensive of course but a card to run the game smoothly.
Please guys tell me what (AGP) card you have.

I know, the Simbin site recommends a 256mb 3d card, but my granny Ti 4800 256mb doesn't understands the game (a directX problem).

My system is ,as you can see ,not up-to-date.
asus a7n8x amd 2200+ 1024mb nVidea 4800 :oops:

Thanks in advance.
superpats.

i have an nvidia 7600 on my laptop end i can run all on max:D

• superpats[RTS]

:evil:
This afternoon I tried to upgrade my system with a 2nd-hand amd3000+. And guess what went wrong? My motherboard went dead while booting.
I tried several things to fiks it but i think this is the end of my asus. :shock:

Meanwhile I'm looking for a new board with amd processor. Thanks to all with advice about the graphic card's . It's going to be a 7600gs PCi-e . See you at my new topic about processors.

I had a X800GTO and all i got was stuttering. I raplaced it for a 7900GS and it was great.

But i also returned that card and now i use a 8800 GTS and this is awesome, i can run all on max now at 1920 x 1200.

AA is the biggest FPS killer so reduce AA to max 4x.

Yes AA is Anti Aliasing. AF will also kill FPS but not as much as AA does.

Bi lineair filtering also ads a few FPS.

The biggest misstake people make is they set graphical options in driver and program.

Use only one place for the settings, if you set AA in driver run the config tool which comes with race and set AA to disabled.

• linchpin[RTS]

In the trial-time I tested Race on my config and unfortunatelly game runs poor :( Ati 9550 is too weak graphics card to manage Race more than 800x600 low details.

I definitely must chnge my video card to be able to run Race. I'm planning to buy ati x800gto or gf7600gs or gf7300gt. Until then Race is not a game for my hardware.

I hope GTR2 (which will arrive in few days) will run quite smooth (I've done some o/c to my graphics improving performance for about 30%).

linchpin said:
I definitely must chnge my video card to be able to run Race. I'm planning to buy ati x800gto or gf7600gs or gf7300gt. Until then Race is not a game for my hardware.

I want to advise you NOT to buy a X800GTO, i had it, it was a great card but not for Race.

I always kept my drivers up-to-date but with this card i got bad performance in race at higher resolutions. If i lowered the resolution the FPS where better but i still had lots of stuttering in Race. GTR2 was ok.

If you want to buy a midrange card i advise you to buy a NVIDIA card. I think Race will perform better then. I don't say ATI is bad, but for Race and in midrange cards NVIDIA is better.

I had a 7900GS after and this card performed very well in Race, no stuttering at all. I could clock this card higher so it was faster than the 7900GT which costs a lot more. I tried this card for one week and it was very stable. After this i decided to trade the card and now i have a 8800GTS, but i stayed with NVIDIA after 5 ATI cards.

If the 7900GS is to expensive you can also try the 7600GS, this performs also good in Race.

• linchpin[RTS]

Thx wakuwaku for info. You're yet another person who tells me I SHOULD NOT buy ati x800. So now I must look for a 7600 or 7300 in good price (higher gf models are too expensive for me).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%