Michael Schumacher

Only gripe I had against FIA this season was penalising Webber after a love tap with Barrichello, over the top. He didnt affect Rubens' race. Then again, Webber did manage to win anyway :p

Funny you should mention that as before the contact with Vettel after turn one, Kimi made contact with Hamilton in much the same way as Webber had with Ruebens the race before. Nothing was said about this whatsoever despite in this case there being another car (Vettel's I think) outside of Hamilton. If Webber's move was worthy of investigation and penalty surely this was at least worthy of investigation. Instead they chose to investigate what was an actual racing incident and was clearly that.

I'm not going as far as to say there is outright favouritism to Ferrari but becauuse of the way races are stewarded by local stewards there is no consistency. Clearly Ferrari are cherished by racing fans around the world and like a favourite child they get less harsh treatment than the others.

These things happen, one thing investigated, could be brushed aside next week. Perhaps it was the Ferrari bias, maybe not. I can't find any videos on the Hungary start so I can't comment on it.

• Andrew Evans

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seven-time Formula 1 champion Michael Schumacher has abandoned his comeback with Ferrari because of a neck injury.

The 40-year-old, who retired at the end of 2006, was set to deputise for the injured Felipe Massa at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August.

"Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello," Schumacher told his website.

Veteran Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer will now stand in for Massa.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.