Miami GP on the Cards? Hamilton Offers Track Design Help

I doubt Miami would be fare any better than Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas, Las Vegas and Indianapolis.
Long Beach was usually good until the Poison Dwarf decided to up the fees and lose out to CART, and FWIW I (just me, myself) think that COTAM is a decent venue for a 'modern' circuit, it works well for cars and bikes while the location seems to be good when it comes to the audience.
As for drivers being involved in 'designing' a circuit..........I don't think so.
;)

And they require any venue to have all the facilities and accommodation expected for the tourist audience expected, the reason Magny Cours(?) fell out of favor.
Miami would have everything needed except for a soul.

Why Miami? There is Road Atlanta, Road America, VIR, Long Beach, Sonoma, WG... and they offered two long straits partly above the river, 90 degrees turns, TWO hairpins... BORING.
Do you really want the Road Atlanta, Road America, WG or VIR to be ruined?

Imagine VIR getting all paved, up to the trees. Geez.

Another step in the wrong direction. Many good points here and something I struggle with and perhaps someone could make sense of it. Street circuits have little run off and many opportunities to hit a wall head on, yet the kink at Road America, for example, is too dangerous for F1.:rolleyes:
Arggggggh:mad:
I 'll go back to ignoring F1 until the 'changes' come in 2021, and the pick up ignoring again until the next promise of positive 'fan' change.

Lewis could have some good suggestions as could the others but what is a fun circuit to drive (Suzuka) is not always a great overtaking circuit. Still maybe call on some former F1 drivers like Gerhard Berger who, btw is doing an amazing job with the DTM series.

To get an idea what Liberty is trying to do check out Marc Priestley's VLOG here especially from the 6 minutes spot. He explains the rationale behind destination GPs like the proposed Miami race.

Marc mentions other popular GPs in other VLOGs as well.

port-boulevard-bridge-miami-andre-babiak.jpg

Racing across this bridge will be like playing Need for Speed :rolleyes:

I love street tracks.
But I love them if you can actually overtake, not like Monaco. History aside. This, in all honesty looks good to me, street, bumpy, tight but with two long straights.

My first racing games were Indy car racing II (it was actually just a demo that got only Michigan oval and, oh boy,:inlove:Detroit Belle Isle. still love that track so much) and CART precision racing, with tracks like Toronto, Vancouver (love it, made my 1990-1997 version for rFactor, never fully finish it though), Long beach, Surfers (oh Jesus @@) Paradise and Portland (ok that wasn't really street circuit but it's probably my favorite circuit, still. can't tell why:)).

This reminds me of those.
You can dislike it as much as you like but I love the idea.

Someone mentioned Road Atlanta & America...
Ok America is cool (it was in CART p.r. also:D) but I believe Atlanta is too narrow (isn't it?) and also too short from my memory and yes, also, do we want them totally rebuild to fit today's F1 standards ? They would lost their personality I believe.

Ok, first you said "it's big" now you switching your strategy like Renault:rolleyes: on "plan B" (whatever the plan A was:geek:) and saying there's people in USA ...everywhere. Ok, got your logic behind it... behind plan B at least, plan A was full of flaws though.
Hmm... India is also very crowded, isn't it ? :cautious:

Ok, first you said "it's big" now you switching your strategy like Renault:rolleyes: on "plan B" (whatever the plan A was:geek:) and saying there's people in USA ...everywhere. Ok, got your logic behind it... behind plan B at least, plan A was full of flaws though.
Hmm... India is also very crowded, isn't it ? :cautious:
Overcrowded with people who can't afford to go to a race. :/

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.7%