F1 2012 Melbourne - Australia (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Notes
Qualified 1st 1:27.124
Legend, all assists off, cockpit view, gamepad.
Setup wears rear tires a bit when thrashing it but is very stable and easy to drive. If using a wheel it should be down into the 1:16s

1st setup for f1 2012
Enjoy :)
Man, this game must vary by quite a lot. When I qualified on legend, pole position was in the 1:25s. I think you ment 1:26s instead of 1:16s, right?

Man, this game must vary by quite a lot. When I qualified on legend, pole position was in the 1:25s. I think you ment 1:26s instead of 1:16s, right?

lol yeah 1.26, dont know why i thought 1.16. Too be honest a 1.25 pole would have been more realistic in comparison to my team mate and considering the car shouldnt be in the same league as the top 6 it was a bit weird.

Having just tried the race i have found the bug that is circulating on the codemasters forums like wildfire which is the AI race pace compared to quali. I got pole and was way quicker than my team mate, but in the race after the first few laps the AI just gets quicker and quicker and never slow down no matter what tires or fuel they are on. By the time i made my first stop even my team mate was soooo much faster than me that he made up like 10 places and then just drove past. They really need to fix this coz it ruins the realism. Im now having to qualify on legend then race on professional. Cant qualify on professional as the times are about 5-6 seconds slower than legend and makes it stupidly easy. The amount of youtube vids of this exact thing happening is getting stupid lol

I'm really liking your setup...thanks!

Thanks, i worked for hours on it, trying to learn how this new games setup system works is damn hard, roll bars for example still seem to totally contradict themselves, i found the 4,4 made my car a lot more responsive than the 9,9 i tried originally which is just wrong lol

Car : Williams
Circuit : Melbourne
Condition Dry
Distance one lap

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:5
Rear Wing Angle:5

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.3
Camber Rear: -1.3
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear: 0.35
Tyres
option

Notes
No Assist , Career qualif 1"26'680

lol yeah 1.26, dont know why i thought 1.16. Too be honest a 1.25 pole would have been more realistic in comparison to my team mate and considering the car shouldnt be in the same league as the top 6 it was a bit weird.

Having just tried the race i have found the bug that is circulating on the codemasters forums like wildfire which is the AI race pace compared to quali. I got pole and was way quicker than my team mate, but in the race after the first few laps the AI just gets quicker and quicker and never slow down no matter what tires or fuel they are on. By the time i made my first stop even my team mate was soooo much faster than me that he made up like 10 places and then just drove past. They really need to fix this coz it ruins the realism. Im now having to qualify on legend then race on professional. Cant qualify on professional as the times are about 5-6 seconds slower than legend and makes it stupidly easy. The amount of youtube vids of this exact thing happening is getting stupid lol
Maybe I don't have "the bug" cause pole position was 1:25.5ish and at the end of the race(100%) the fastest lap was Schumacher at 1:27.0. The next fastest lap of the race was 1:28.3. I play on xbox, is this bug cross-platform?

Car : Williams
Circuit : Melbourne
Condition Dry
Distance one lap

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:5
Rear Wing Angle:5

Braking
Balance: F 49% - R 51%

Balance
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 4

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / mph

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.3
Camber Rear: -1.3
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear: 0.35
Tyres
option

Notes
No Assist , Career qualif 1"26'680

Thanks Sebastien, after hours of messing around with different wing settings and racing lines I was beginning to wonder if I should give up, but your setup made everything click for me. You saved me a lot of anger and frustration!!

Car
Williams

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Career 100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%

Balance
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 78mph
Gear 2: 98mph
Gear 3: 116mph
Gear 4: 135mph
Gear 5: 155mph
Gear 6: 174mph
Gear 7: 198mph

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: 3.40
Camber Rear: 1.50
Toe Front: .11
Toe Rear: .41

Tyres
option/prime

Notes
This is basically the same setup Tom Endres has for spa just with the gears altered.
Career GP mode, all sims on, only assists is TC,Fanatec wheel on xbox, difficulty legend
Practice: 1:28.536 prime
Q1 1:27.428 opt
Q2 1: 27.623 opt
Q3 1:27.574 opt
Hamilton got pole at 1:25.679
Thanks for the setup. Managed to get a 01:26.496 in Q1 with a Williams in Career. Here's a video below:
mod-edit: no more videos. regular game videos can be posted in our videos section http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/media/

Sway-bar and anti-roll bar is the same thing - it's a lateral stabilizer (Querstabilisator in German), more or less. :)

So he mean anti-roll bar 4-4 work better than 4-10 in this 2012 ?? :rolleyes: Damn i barely understand those setup concept in 2011 and now have to start all over again :cry:

Loved 2011, but i am having serious problems with the steering on 2012. i just have a cheep microsoft sidewinder wheel but it did me fine for 2011 absolutly no problem.With 2012 i get either massive under steer or very twitchy steering. having tryed most of these setups and still not getting anywhere, am about to give up. can anyone help? maybe i should fork out £180 for a new wheel was thinking Logi G27 but really cant afford it. ALso i think there maybe issues weioth fixing it to my desk, which would mean another £80 for a stand!!! I was so looking forward to 2012 coming out now i wish it had,'nt

First setup :)

Car
Williams

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
25% Long Weekend

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 1
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 127 kph
Gear 2: 156 kph
Gear 3: 186 kph
Gear 4: 215 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 273 kph
Gear 7: 305 kph

Engine

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.50

Tyres
Option

Notes
1:27.632 on Prime tyres that were 6 laps old and 4 laps of fuel still on board, this is my FP3 time, I haven't tested it with options or in qualifying yet! But I will update this post with more times when I get them

*Update* - Managed to get up to a 1:26.906 on Option tyres in Q2

*EDIT* I know that it rides on the limiter with DRS open, but I wanted a more race friendly setup!

IN ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS CHANGE LINEARITY TO 50+% I NOW HAVE MINE ON 70% FOR ME THIS WAS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE. IM JUST USING THE SPEED WHEEL.

Thanks i tried changing linearity settings etc and it did help a bit but not enough i think maybe my old wheel is on the way out, as it wasnt as bad yesterday i managed a 1.29.900 which was maybe 3 seconds slower than the AI in the practice session, and today i am strugling to get into the 1.35.000 area. I really i hope its gonna be worth it but i just ordered myself that G27 wheel. Has anyone else got this wheel ? Is it worth the £185 i just spent ? i hope so lol.

Any info on this wheel will be apreciated cheers.

I will let you know how i get on with it hopefully i can post some faster lap times 1.27s would be cool :)

OUT OF INTEREST HOW HAVE YOU GOT ON AROUND OTHER TRACKS? AS ON 2011, MELBOURNE WAS ONE OF MY BETTER CIRCUITS BUT 2012 WAS A WHOLE NOTHER STORY LOL, REALLY STRUGGLING. HOWEVER ONCE I STARTED TO MOVE ONTO OTHER TRACKS SET UPS AND THE BALANCE/FEEL OF THE CAR WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, STRANGE I KNOW. AS FOR THE WHEEL I WOULDNT KNOW. DOES IT REALLY MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE WHEEL TO WHEEL? FF WILL PROB HELP THOUGH....

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.