Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.50

Notes

Time set: 1:22:267 - 6th on Xbox Leaderboard
Sector 1: 27.376
Sector 2: 22.264
Sector 3: 32.607

I can break into the 1:21s but everything has to be PERFECT, I wish to work on my Malaysia setup though now.

Assists: Yes

This has never been one of my fave circuits ever, but playing on it today was quite the pleasure. I tried many different values after arriving at this setup, but always ended up reverting back to this.

It was then, as I was about to give up hope on improving, that I posted a time 4 tenths quicker then my last. I knew this setup could break me into the 1:22s and I was so happy to see the 1:22 appear on my screen when I crossed the line.

Used full 100% KERS off the last corner, then roughly 50% on the following straight. On the 1:22 lap I got a perfect exit out of the extremely annoying turns 11 and 12, and used the rest of my KERS down there. I think it can be improved, but not by much, i was very pleased with myself.

EDIT: This setup was drastically changed after trying the setup posted by Manalys. I very highly recommend this setup for Time trial, 1:21s are definitely possible if you can nail every corner, whether you use assists or not, its doable.

The only difference between mine and Manlys setup is the gear ratios. My previous setup is better for people who have trouble with keeping the car on track though. This setup makes braking more difficult, and the car is more likely to slide, but you gain so much in acceleration, its well worth changing over.

Car
Williams

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Career 100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 78mph
Gear 2: 98mph
Gear 3: 116mph
Gear 4: 135mph
Gear 5: 155mph
Gear 6: 174mph
Gear 7: 198mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: 3.40
Camber Rear: 1.50
Toe Front: .11
Toe Rear: .41

Tyres
option/prime

Notes
This is basically the same setup Tom Endres has for spa just with the gears altered.
Career GP mode, all sims on, only assists is TC,Fanatec wheel on xbox, difficulty legend
Practice: 1:28.536 prime
Q1 1:27.428 opt
Q2 1: 27.623 opt
Q3 1:27.574 opt
Hamilton got pole at 1:25.679

Holy hell! That's an erratic setup! Nonetheless, I will apply it to my car.

Sebastien id love to see a vid of that lap or know ur secret gears coz lukes lap video using eriks setup which is quite similar but running 11,1 wings and more aggressive settings all round is only 2 tenths faster than your time and from the vid on the previous page it seems it was a bloody good lap, only 1 real mistake in the whole lap, turn 9 lock up, otherwise pretty perfect, and he had TC and a wheel! I tried your setup myself as well as everyone elses as theres always a better 1 around and it seems to have NO downforce/cornering ability at all lol. 11,1 a wheel, TC and a damn good lap and only 2 tenths faster? I can only assume u have VERY high top speed gears to make up the difference?

Im not for a moment saying ur time isnt true im just really baffled by how u made up the enormous downforce loss as ive never tried a "faster" setup before and found it so undrivable.

First setup :)

Car
Williams

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
25% Long Weekend

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 7
Rear Wing Angle: 7

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 1
Rear Spring Stiffness: 9

Gearbox
Gear 1: 127 kph
Gear 2: 156 kph
Gear 3: 186 kph
Gear 4: 215 kph
Gear 5: 243 kph
Gear 6: 273 kph
Gear 7: 305 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix 3

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.50

Tyres
Option

Notes
1:27.632 on Prime tyres that were 6 laps old and 4 laps of fuel still on board, this is my FP3 time, I haven't tested it with options or in qualifying yet! But I will update this post with more times when I get them

*Update* - Managed to get up to a 1:26.906 on Option tyres in Q2

*EDIT* I know that it rides on the limiter with DRS open, but I wanted a more race friendly setup!

This setup has ridiculous slow speed cornering grip, and i moved the wings for a little more front end and went even faster, however it seems to totally destroys tires, all the settings r on maximum tire wear for the rears, engineer changed my race strategy from a 2 stop to 3 and even suggested 4 lol Without tc my rears just burn off lol

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics

Braking
Balance: F 53% - R 47%
Brake Size: Large

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox
Gear 1: 76 mph
Gear 2: 92 mph
Gear 3: 109 mph
Gear 4: 128 mph
Gear 5: 146 mph
Gear 6: 169 mph
Gear 7: 201 mph

Alignment

Notes

Time set: 1:22:995 - 20th on Xbox Leaderboard

This has never been one of my fave circuits ever, but playing on it today was quite the pleasure. I tried many different values after arriving at this setup, but always ended up reverting back to this.

It was then, as I was about to give up hope on improving, that I posted a time 4 tenths quicker then my last. I knew this setup could break me into the 1:22s and I was so happy to see the 1:22 appear on my screen when I crossed the line.

Used full 100% KERS off the last corner, then roughly 50% on the following straight. On the 1:22 lap I got a perfect exit out of the extremely annoying turns 11 and 12, and used the rest of my KERS down there. I think it can be improved, but not by much, i was very pleased with myself.

Leaving me feedback here, or on my profile is fine.

thx for the setup it improved my times greatly!!!

Notes
Qualified 1st 1:27.124
Legend, all assists off, cockpit view, gamepad.
Setup wears rear tires a bit when thrashing it but is very stable and easy to drive. If using a wheel it should be down into the 1:16s

1st setup for f1 2012
Enjoy :)

Can you please post the values for steering, throttle and brake deadzone and saturation for your gamepad?. Thanks in advance.

OUT OF INTEREST HOW HAVE YOU GOT ON AROUND OTHER TRACKS? AS ON 2011, MELBOURNE WAS ONE OF MY BETTER CIRCUITS BUT 2012 WAS A WHOLE NOTHER STORY LOL, REALLY STRUGGLING. HOWEVER ONCE I STARTED TO MOVE ONTO OTHER TRACKS SET UPS AND THE BALANCE/FEEL OF THE CAR WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, STRANGE I KNOW. AS FOR THE WHEEL I WOULDNT KNOW. DOES IT REALLY MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE WHEEL TO WHEEL? FF WILL PROB HELP THOUGH....

Well to be honest i have not tried the other tracks yet, i had a go at the short career mode on the first race but was so dissapointed with the fact your stuck with there awfull quick set ups that i was going to moved straight to main career mode. My plan was to nail each track as they come up on the practise sessions in quick race but got total stuck at melbourne. I know i am not the best driver but i was getting much faster times on 2011 and it felt right, this just fells all wrong.

Notes:
- Option tires
- ABS and Traction control On. Using a Xbox360 Gamepad.
- No DRS
- No Kers
- The objective was to found a setup good for races where the use of DRS is rare and where kers is just a bonus.

Car
Marrusia ( I think Marrusia and HTR are a real challenge, without kers and by far the worst engine/design you really need to find a setup that is "alien" to the other teams).

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Brake Size: Standardt

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Gear 1: 118 kmh / 73 mph
Gear 2: 148 kmh / 92 mph
Gear 3: 180 kmh / 112 mph
Gear 4: 210 kmh / 131 mph
Gear 5: 241 kmh / 150 mph
Gear 6: 272 kmh / 169 mph
Gear 7: 301 kmh / 187 mph

Alignment

Time
1:28:180

The car is so bad that even with this high speed setup you will not achieve 300km/h unless you use DRS.

I tryed almost every setup here but after 8-9 hours this is what i found best. I sacrificed a lot of speed in corners but compensated with a very low 1º and 2º gear to give me a good exit speed.

I dont used DRS because i think its something that can give wrong numbers about what setup is really the best as you rarely use the same amount of DRS every lap.

Kers... welll.. the car don´t have it. 1 less button to use :p

- The objective was to found a setup good for races where the use of DRS is rare and where kers is just a bonus.

Why not test your setup in career practice session if wanna find a good setup for race, the car in TT mode is so much different with the career i suppose :)

Why not test your setup in career practice session if wanna find a good setup for race, the car in TT mode is so much different with the career i suppose

For a lot of reasons i stoped using career practice and started using TT to get my race setups.

1-> 1 Hour time limit -> This create two problems
a) The need to restart the event again and again as you lose half of that time exiting/returning to pits.
b) Your best time will be lost everytime you restart unless you start taking notes. You also need to take notes of the S1, S2 and S3. In TT you don´t have this problem.

2-> Cars -> In practice you have to time your laps to not lose seconds trying to overtake a slow car. In TT i don´t have that problem.

3-> Fuel and tyres -> TT always use the same fuel weight and mix (rich mix). Also the tyres don´t lose grip so you always have the same conditions no matter how many laps you test. So if you can´t do a lap right you can try again and know the conditions will be the same.

Also the practice track have a horrible grip, is no way the same grip you will find in race conditions.

Practice is still good to test your setup with less grip, prime tyres and a heavy car, but you can test this later.

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Alignment

Notes

Nice to see you in F1 2012 Kyle. Your setups for 2011 were fantastic. Can't wait to try this one, I am at 1:24ish at the moment.

One question: do you think the 11/11 bug is back?

Notes:
- Option tires
- ABS and Traction control On. Using a Xbox360 Gamepad.
- No DRS
- No Kers

Car
Marrusia ( I think Marrusia and HTR are a real challenge, without kers and by far the worst engine/design you really need to find a setup that is "alien" to the other teams).

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3

Braking
Brake Size: Standardt

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Gear 1: 118 kmh / 73 mph
Gear 2: 148 kmh / 92 mph
Gear 3: 180 kmh / 112 mph
Gear 4: 210 kmh / 131 mph
Gear 5: 241 kmh / 150 mph
Gear 6: 272 kmh / 169 mph
Gear 7: 301 kmh / 187 mph

Alignment

Time
1:28:180

The car is so bad that even with this high speed setup you will not achieve 300km/h unless you use DRS.

I tryed almost every setup here but after 8-9 hours this is what i found best. I sacrificed a lot of speed in corners but compensated with a very low 1º and 2º gear to give me a good exit speed.

I dont used DRS because i think its something that can give wrong numbers about what setup is really the best as you rarely use the same amount of DRS every lap.

Kers... welll.. the car don´t have it. 1 less button to use :p
Good one top end speed poor but exit on corners great managed 1:26.941

Car
McLaren

Circuit
Melbourne

Condition
Dry

Distance
Time Trial ONLY

Aerodynamics

Braking

Balance

Suspension

Gearbox

Alignment

Notes

Can you post the sector times too please, because it's nice to know where you are losingtime so you can improve:p.

@oil country - Thanks, I appreciate it.

@drKotasz - Thanks, I am glad it helped you. No I definitely do not think the 11-11 bug is back, if it was I would be posting times at least two or three seconds quicker.

@exqiu - I will edit my post soon when I get on the game.

@drKotasz, Nope, no 11-11 bug in this one, as Kyle said, my setup uses 1-1-9-8 for example, and it gave me a high 1:21. (BTW, I gotta give credit to Kyle, as my setup was inspired on his Melbourne 2,011 one ;D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back