McLaren to run Special Alonso Livery in Abu Dhabi

Shame all they could manage is this "special" livery at the end (kind of like a soft kick in the balls, if I'm honest). Would have been nice if they'd managed to give him a decent piece of machinery to work with the past few seasons. Having said all that, my interest in F1 died decades ago (I'm a relatively old coot, I suppose) but I like Alonso (and Kimi, too, he's a trip and half in interviews and a damn quick driver). If Fernando had a decent car he'd surely be giving the likes of Hamilton and Vettel a bit of trouble on a regular basis.

Poor bloke, most of his career wasted in lackluster equipment, having to wring the neck of every single one to get results. Best driver of the generation. Bye bye FA
Was his own fault, he left Ferarri, to find out nobody was waiting for him with a better car.
He had quite a reputation as being difficult to handle, many already had their driver signed for the next year.
So in the end he signed with McLaren, the only remaining "respectable" contructor that would have him..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back