AMS2 McLaren GT1 (3x 20m sprint) @Monza 1991 => Thu Sep. 15th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Hi guys. I am sure you are going to enjoy tonights GT1 races. The concept of track and car was very succesfull last week in the open lobby (if we do not count some infair crashers).
Due to private appointment I cant participate. Next to that I will be on Holiday for 3 weeks. So after this race tonight, there wont be a race organized by me on the Thursday. 3rd week off October I am back and you can expect new sprint combo’s from me. Looking forward to increased number off drivers because off the end of summertime .
Have fun tonight!
Greetings Hangloose

Last edited:
@Redvaliant has set the server for tonight as he has been doing for the last weeks. There has not been any issue on that. I to had no admin rights to restart the server or any of that. So I am sure you will be allright. Remember ghat the first one in the server had to continue after each session. But that button to press is hard to miss

Got stuck in a sand trap and blew my engine while trying to get out. Apologies to Ernie, I meant to go round you, not through you. This’ll be my last Thursday race on here for a while, as I joined a league which runs for 10 weeks. Should be ok for Tuesdays though.

It was a very fun first race tonight! At the green lights @Kees Veenstra just took off while I decided a burn out was just nicer. :cool:

I had a few mistakes, but this car is somewhat forgiving, so I could get it back in control easily and lose like 1.5s where I could have actually spun, so really nice!

The only thing I'm struggling with the lack of lock-up feel on FFB on AMS2. I can know I'm locking up from other clues like understeering/other visual/sound clues but it has too much delay, would much rather feel it through the wheel. It should get slightly lighter I think, right?

Last edited:
Now's your chance to race what you like on a Thursday:cool:
Let me know if you want to continue with the GT1s while Guido is away and I'll set up the server for the coming weeks. So, car/track combos.
Daniel, Thanks for stepping in for Guido.
Hockenheim historic in GT1's is great.
I would also vote for a Caterham race around Watkins Glen :D

The races start like 5-6 minutes too early for me so keep just missing the first 20min race. Would be good if they could start at 25 past like in the estimate spreadsheet of times.

Had couple of incidents, but ones in last race I was put on pole so pressed look behind button and got confused as it isn't a mirror, but just looking behind! Moved in wrong direction and squeezed scott and had a pile up

Then apologies to TIMKO for the opportunistic dive while you started to turn in on the last corner. Was quite a silly move to make just because it was the last lap and a "casual" race. could have just tried on the main straight.

Interestingly, pitting for repairs is quite fast in these cars

Last edited:
The races start like 5-6 minutes too early for me so keep just missing the first 20min race. Would be good if they could start at 25 past like in the estimate spreadsheet of times.

Had couple of incidents, but ones in last race I was put on pole so pressed look behind button and got confused as it isn't a mirror, but just looking behind! Moved in wrong direction and squeezed scott and had a pile up

Then apologies to TIMKO for the opportunistic dive while you started to turn in on the last corner. Was quite a silly move to make just because it was the last lap and a "casual" race. could have just tried on the main straight.

Interestingly, pitting for repairs is quite fast in these cars
Adrian, No problem, I had no front end grip so was having to brake early whch probably caught you out. I think damage must have been set to performance impacting as I had no grip once my bonnet came loose, was about 1.5secs a lap slower so you caught me up really quickly.

I'm happy to start them a bit later. I'm guessing you are getting up super early?

Moved in wrong direction and squeezed scott and had a pile up
No worries chap, it actually looked like a bit of net code from my end as you came across in a bit of a jump and I didn't have time to react, otherwise I would have been able to back-off in time.

Race actual start time at 7:25 or 7:30 UTC would be good, which i think is still 20 minutes earlier than the ones on Tuesday. As for 3 or 2 race i am not sure as I usually do 2 races anyway

GT1
I'm happy to start them a bit later. I'm guessing you are getting up super early?

No worries chap, it actually looked like a bit of net code from my end as you came across in a bit of a jump and I didn't have time to react, otherwise I would have been able to back-off in time.

yeah! I am happy to have something to get me to wake up earlier sometimes but not everyday. It's between 5:15 to 5:30, any earlier than that I think is too early lol

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 141 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.4%