AMS2 McLaren GT1 (3x 20m sprint) @Monza 1991 => Thu Sep. 15th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Lobby name will still be Racedepartment. To keep it some what clean I will use rating for entering (hve to figure out what is usable).
I will be in the RD discord chat at start.

@Guido Trampe , you should have used ratings. was having a good race with your dutchdevil friend and some idiot was just driving round straight over the chicanes at full speed taking people out and someone else took me out at the first chicane and ended my race. :(

it's a shame to hear that and I'm glad I didn't attend. What is the matter with these [I really am lost for words] is it jealousy that they can't race and so have to ruin the enjoyment of everyone else. So sad.

Its been there forever and will be there in future. To what they are doing it… can be all kinds of reasons. Using rating can help prevent (last 2 races had no such issues) but I was reluctant since I do not know what rating of our group of solid drivers is. If you rave in the RD club races, you dont build on that since its turned off.
If this is needed anther time, I will set C rating as minimum for joining. Request to you all. Check your rating and work on it if its below C. I still prefer doing open lobby 25 car race over closed lobby 6 car races. But please share your thoughts on the matter.

I only race with RD using AMS 2 and as you say we get no rating from it. So how are we to improve our driver rating? I'm not going on open servers that's for sure, been there done that, lesson learned.

Unfortunately, using the rating system in AMS2 puts a high load on the cpus of everyone taking part and adds another layer of load to the server. We have turned it off to make the racing as stable as possible. One possible solution is to hold an RD race once a week with it turned on so as to advance our members' ratings, but that would take organising outside the Tuesday and Thursday races. Joining open servers with ratings activated is the only other way to gain ratings, but you place your bets with those at the best of times.

Last edited:
To be fair. Since ams2 isnt immensly populair still, the online racing on open server is often better then other sims. Everyone is likely to have a rating higher them F so there allready is a first buffer for real wreckers. Check your rating and select server accordingly. When i follow that process, the race quality id often fine. Sometimes there is an issue, I just shook my shoulders and think… he open server.
But….. agreed totaly. A closed RD Racing Club server would be way better. So lets work and filling those grids. Any help is appreciated by @Redvaliant and me.

Do anybody know if any progress has been made with AMS2 on SIMRACING.GP ?
Thought the latest update may have better chance of working.
This would improve the race entrants quite a lot I think.

I know that any progress should come from REIZA. Status is inknown to me sadly.
I have races n races via SGP for a while. Notsire is this is a sure route to bigger grids. People still have to sign up, just like we do now. In my experience many do, 33% actualy shows up..

Last edited:
Hi Kek. Agree. That was with a reason. The planed race is postponed due to to few participants. I announced in this thread that I would do an open server race session just to fix the race idge.

I don't quite understand why grids have reduced, when I joined RD the AMS2 rookie races were usually 20 or more, the sim is now much better but fewer sign up. Perhaps grids will fill up a bit now holiday seaon is coming to an end.
I think we are also missing a 1 class league which would aso encourage regular attendance , a GT1 league would be great I think as they are great cars to drive for every ability.

I am just as mystified, but I have noticed that there are things that attract more people from a broad range of abilities, and that is the most important for any race series.
Attracting us ordinary folk and Aliens to.
That is, “interesting cars, ABS and TC”. These seem to be the most popular, rather like the Mazda Cup in AC.
I rather like the group C cars, but some may not get on well with them, due to no TC and ABS in cars that will bit you.
I always go for driving assisted cars, but can adapt to cars without such things, mainly due to time spent in group c in AC. Some just do not or cannot put the time in.
But as I said, trying to find a formula to get more respectful driver is not easy, and is a big challenge for those great people who try and organise race series of any kind.
:)

Last edited:
I have tried many combo’s allready incl. cars with tc and abs. Best filled grids were the cars without those though (caterham and GT1). So agree. Its very hard to find a succesfull combo that is not GT3.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand why grids have reduced, when I joined RD the AMS2 rookie races were usually 20 or more, the sim is now much better but fewer sign up. Perhaps grids will fill up a bit now holiday seaon is coming to an end.
I think we are also missing a 1 class league which would aso encourage regular attendance , a GT1 league would be great I think as they are great cars to drive for every ability.
I agree, on the Friday night slot with Bram we were getting more than 20 racers for an event, that was using the DPi, P2 and GTE cars and there was some great racing too. I'd add in that the Brazilian Stockcars too as they are great fun and relatively easy to drive. Combined with the Brazilian tracks would be a wonderful series imho.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 451 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 298 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back