AC MAZDA MX5 Cup @ Okayama - Wednesday 10th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I wasn't sure about the switch to SGP and Discord but playing around with Discord I'm beginning to get my head round the UI and quite like that post-race you can jump into the text chat channel to discuss the race easily with everyone. You can't realistically discuss the race with 30 people on voice chat and TS wasn't great for text chat I don't think.

Looking forward to tonight.

I want to race today, but I don't use discord on PC. Will that be a problem?
You can use discord from a browser but push to talk doesn't work then. You have to mute your microphone because otherwise it will be on constantly which will probably annoying for the rest of us. But you should be able to hear us. The app is free and very easy to install by the way.

N.B. I now see your last name! We have quite some letters in common! :D

Last edited:
You can use discord from a browser but push to talk doesn't work then. You have to mute your microphone because otherwise it will be on constantly which will probably annoying for the rest of us. But you should be able to hear us. The app is free and very easy to install by the way.

N.B. I now see your last name! We have quite some letters in common! :D
I have discord on my phone, I just don't want to use it.. :/

Hi guys, it's my first race with you, on discord i have to join the AC voice channel, right?

PS: i will only hear you because i don't use any headset/microphone.

Hi guys, it's my first race with you, on discord i have to join the AC voice channel, right?

PS: i will only hear you because i don't use any headset/microphone.
The link to the discord page of race department is on the RD community page on s.gp In there you can navigate to the premium members voice chat for assetto corsa.

Last edited:
This will be my first online race. I'll do my very best to stay out of everyone's way as they lap me.
You'll be fine. Read the RD club regulations rules (link on first post) especially about the Golden Rule.

If you get lapped (Blue Flag), don't do anything unpredictable in the turns. Just stay on the racing line there. It's acceptable if the guy behind looses a bit of time there. On the next straight ease off throttle to help him pass but don't brake! He will not expect that!.

And most important: Have fun!

This will be my first online race. I'll do my very best to stay out of everyone's way as they lap me.
Make sure you use your real name here. It's accessible in your Account Details (click on the avatar in the upper right corner). Scroll down until you see a field 'Real Name'.

And if I may say that you're very welcome because now @Kek700 can't use his excuse anymore that he's the oldest here :p :roflmao: :D !

Last edited:
Make sure you use your real name here. It's accessible in your Account Details (click on the avatar in the upper right corner). Scroll down until you see a field 'Real Name'.

And if I may say that you're very welcome because now @Kek700 can't use his excuse anymore that he's the oldest here :p :roflmao: :D !

THANKS I was in the middle of trying to find out how to do that. Don't think I would have found it on my own. ;)

Well, i think that ranks as one of my best sim racing experiences to date. P3 in practice, P5 in quali and P5 (then handed 4th, thanks to Yohann's glitch a few laps from the end).

@Kek700 I thoroughly enjoyed that, lapping at such similar pace for so long. I think I had the pace in the first half but couldn't cleanly get past. Had a few chances but you seemed to stay nice and consistent and I didn't want to compromise my highest RD position by doing something silly.

I need a drink. That was intense!

I hope you all had a great time!

I had a very bad begin of the race. When I was doing my speech I was putting on my gloves but one of them fell on the floor under the table :notworthy: . While I was searching for words and the glove, something must have happened because when I looked up again, I was in the pits with a 30s penalty:confused:.

After that I had an enjoyable race, most of the time behind @Fiberoptix who had similar pace. Together we managed to overtake some cars. When Tim bumped Manel Apericio off track in T2 (and applied to Golden Rule:thumbsup:) I could finish 14th.

As far as I could see everyone was very respectful to eachother. Great compliment to all!

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for joining.

@Ochileer Great race! You're making progress fast. Glad to have you on the grid!

@Erik Axelsson I'm still learning setups so I would like to know what did you change (apart from pressures) on your Kyalami setup for this race and why?

Last edited:
While I was searching for words and the glove, something must have happened because when I looked up again, I was in the pits with a 30s penalty
You probably started rolling.. Happened to me too a few times in the past.
When you're sitting at the start without pressing the brakes, the car might start rolling, which is why I never click on "drive" when I can't press the brakes.

Doesn't really help you since you probably can't press the brake while searching for your glove :cautious:

I also remember people constantly getting penalties for shifting into first with the Audi tt cup. It has no clutch so when you shift, even with full on brakes, the car moves a mm forward and bam, instant penalty :(

Thanks @HF2000 for hosting and congrats to Erik, stunning pace :thumbsup:
Had great battles with Erik and Yohan for the top 3 positions. At some point Erik went off into the distance but Yohan was always close by, dealing pressure until he finally hit the better exit onto the long straight. Too bad you crashed out.

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_okayama_10-3-121-22-38-24sss.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_okayama_10-3-121-22-39-59.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_okayama_10-3-121-22-48-40.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_okayama_10-3-121-22-47-22.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back