Max Verstappen

It has been said it is hard to do well in F1 as a 2nd generarion driver. (The son of a driver) or a brother, even a cousin. It seems they are destined to achive less than there older counterpart. Max is the only driver to surpass his father Jos as he is a world champion. Jos was good at Benetton as Schumacher's team mate then went to bad teams like Arrows. And that took him nowhare apart from at the A1 Ring where he shot from the back to the front of the pack in opening laps. It did not last long thogh. So Max has done what his father never managed to do. Win races and a championship and get a good team to do it.

Max seems to have the genes, the mentality and the surroundings since even before he was born, lol.

Happy birthday to him! :)

In my perspective he matured a lot since his wdc and although I don't really find him simpathetic, he truly deserves the second title, he'll probably get within the next few races.
Great to have him on the grid!

It has been said it is hard to do well in F1 as a 2nd generarion driver. (The son of a driver) or a brother, even a cousin. It seems they are destined to achive less than there older counterpart. Max is the only driver to surpass his father Jos as he is a world champion. Jos was good at Benetton as Schumacher's team mate then went to bad teams like Arrows. And that took him nowhare apart from at the A1 Ring where he shot from the back to the front of the pack in opening laps. It did not last long thogh. So Max has done what his father never managed to do. Win races and a championship and get a good team to do it.
Jos was excellent at making up many places at the start of races, but that's because his qualifying wasn't that good, Max on the other hand (like Lewis Hamilton) seems to be able to extract that extra bit in qualifying and even more in the race.
Though I feel that like Max, Jacques Villeneuve also achieved more than his (late) father in F1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back