Marco Massarutto Responds to Free Porsche Content Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche DLC Preview Image.jpg

Marco Massarutto, Kunos Simulazioni Licencing Manager and somewhat outspoken unofficial Kunos spokesperson, has responded via his Facebook account to the rather strong criticism from some members of the community following the free Porsche content announcement several days ago.

With feelings running high amongst the community, and many people voicing negative feelings regarding the inclusion of SUV's from the prominent German manufacturer, Massarutto has taken to his personal Facebook profile to respond directly to those vocal critics. As is the usual Massarutto style, no punches have been pulled in the latest statement!

The full Marco Massarutto Facebook statement can be read below:

"Imagine you get into a mall to buy a pair of Lee jeans, and when you go for the check out, the guy at desk tells you "I'm glad to tell you that, since you have purchased this product, you will get this t-shirt for free, offered by Lee".

What do you will answer? Some options:

- I didn't ask for it, just give me my jeans...
- I don't like this t-shirt, I'm not going to wear it
- What are you trying to do? To fill my closet with useless stuff?!
- I've a t-shirt already, I don't need this so-called gift
- Let's do this: give me the jeans for free and keep the t-shirt for you
- If I was interested to a t-shirt, I would have purchased it
- What a waste of time and money, tell Lee to give me a 100$ jacket for free instead
- I'm here for the jeans and you give me a free t-shirt? Shame on you
- So, now Lee gives stuff for free to let me have a taste of it? Shame on them

Sounds weird? Not to some simracers. Sad, but true.

So, about Porsche: few people complain because Assetto Corsa will release - for free, and even if you just own the game but you don't purchase any Porsche DLC - the new Panamera, Cayenne and Macan. Saying the things you can read above. As part of our agreement with Porsche, the Brand asked us to reproduce, for THEIR simulators, ALSO the models included in their current production. For THEIR purposes. Once we worked for months to reproduce those models with the maximum accuracy for Porsche simulators, we believed it would have been a shame do not allow the AC community to enjoy those cars as well. Without charging them. And that's it. Also because we take in consideration that the AC community is so wide today that different people like different cars, something that some blind gamers still don't understand, or accept. On the other side, this kind of agreement allows us to reproduce and make available for Assetto Corsa cars like the one you see in the picture.

So, today lot of people tell me that they want so badly in Assetto Corsa the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde . If to get it in the game we would be asked to include also the next Stelvio SUV as free bonus content, would you complain for it? If yes, probably you would need to turn off your PC or console, open the door, leave the house, close your eyes and take a breath; and relax. Because it looks to me that you are not able anymore to enjoy what is supposed to be your passion. BTW, driving the new PanameraTurbo at the Nordschleife in 7'.39" is a blast, and it is not for everyone. Stay tuned. And take it easy, enjoy your life, you live once"

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for the latest news, discussions and downloads for Kunos Simulazioni's flagship racing simulation. As with most racing games, online is where the game really shines. Pop over and discover what all the fuss is about, join in one of our epic club and league racing events today!

What do you think of Massarutto's comments? Let us know below!

Last edited:
Every Single Muppet, fails to realise. I LOVE AC.................Hell I had to buy the wife a new comp and CV1.
Why do people defend the inclusion of SUV in a racing sim? This fact simply does not compute. SUV and racing?

Will the Kunos and affiliate marketing teams, please stop defending the inclusion of SUV and a family saloon in a racing simulator. I know I will be drowned out by the relentless pursuit of oh a SUV is fun bollocks.
I think you fail to see other people's points. You are within you rights of not liking it, but try to shove your opinion down other's throats is a bit too much.
Again, it's not about what they want to put in the game, is about what they have to in order to secure a very, VERY, VERY difficult license that will benefit all of us. It's not that hard to understand.

you work for Kunos Marketing department and we all know what Douglas Adams thought of marketing.

How can anyone defend these cars.....you are not a sim racer....you SIR are working for the man.

Will the Kunos and affiliate marketing teams, please stop defending the inclusion of SUV and a family saloon in a racing simulator.

Nice to see the old, "If you dont agree with my personal opinion, you are a marketing shill!" mentality is alive and well still. :rolleyes:

Keep up the fight man, knock those shills out!

I'm not against free add-ons, just so long as the product doesn't become an advertising platform via content.
do you like better the marketing trough fantasy prototypes that is the VGT project in GT6/GTS?
At least these cars are free abd they are real cars...
and if the Macan is the fee to have the amazing racing and street Porsches i am happy about this free fee...

BTW the arrogance of certain users is very irritating...

Folk nowadays it's an absolute disgrace that they complain about free stuff.
Entitlement is such an ugly quality.

You Sir are missing the POINT.... Free stuff is OK. if the Free stuff is relevant to a Racing Simulator. 2x SUV and a family saloon are not racing cars. Therefore not relevant to AC

Mod edit: Personal insults are not tolerated. Warning point added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod edit: Personal insults are not tolerated. Warning point added.
Free stuff is OK. if the Free stuff is relevant to a Racing Simulator. 2x SUV and a family saloon are not racing cars. Therefore not relevant to AC
And now you've went too far you ignorant excuse for a human being f**k you and the horse you rode in on

Every Single Muppet, fails to realise. I LOVE AC.................Hell I had to buy the wife a new comp and CV1.
Why do people defend the inclusion of SUV in a racing sim? This fact simply does not compute. SUV and racing?

Will the Kunos and affiliate marketing teams, please stop defending the inclusion of SUV and a family saloon in a racing simulator. I know I will be drowned out by the relentless pursuit of oh a SUV is fun bollocks.

Nowhere does it say in the definition of racing "in purpose built race machines". Every day you see people race all kinds of machines, from bicycles to motorcycles, cars to trucks, jet skis to boats, gliders to planes. It's done for the love of the challenge and the FUN of racing. Seems you simply can't accept that everyone has different tastes on what they prefer racing and are unwilling to allow everyone to enjoy the game.

I actually prefer racing in the factory cars over the race cars, and would like more. As long as the physics are realistic who cares what they add, as long as there is more choice and it's all up to the high standards of all the cars released so far.

I love to drive (period). Sometimes I like to race, sometimes I enjoy myself just driving some random car. Usually, cars I wouldn't choose to drive. This "bad" habit started with Gran Turismo, with those championships, licences, special events, sazonal events etc... Several times I have a good surprise with these random drives, and sometimes I don't lol. Just because you pseudo-racers only enjoy yourselves with slick tires and high power machines, doesn't mean that we pseudo-drivers need to enjoy the simulator the same way you do. So, instead of crying like spoiled babies, leave Kunos alone or at least let them work. No one cares about crying babies on sim world.

WoW, Phew, Hell, Bugger me............The Kunos Marketing team never sleeps..........Not one of you has ever had the decency to explain why we have over weight SUV and a family saloon in the game. Do not ATTACK a FAN..

<Snip>

I always have to try and explain myself. I own every driving sim, since Geoff crammond's GP1. I am an old git (or twat depending on your preference).

I frigging well love driving on my PC ( totalled way too many cars in RL on track days) Its cheaper and safer.

I honestly cannot say any more....

Personally cannot wait for the Land rover Defender addon.

WoW, Phew, Hell, Bugger me............The Kunos Marketing team never sleeps..........Not one of you has ever had the decency to explain why we have over weight SUV and a family saloon in the game. Do not ATTACK a FAN..

<Snip>

I always have to try and explain myself. I own every driving sim, since Geoff crammond's GP1. I am an old git (or twat depending on your preference).

I frigging well love driving on my PC ( totalled way too many cars in RL on track days) Its cheaper and safer.

I honestly cannot say any more....

Personally cannot wait for the Land rover Defender addon.

The reason why cars such as these are added in the game is because manufacturers like Maserati, Ferrari and Porsche use a special version of the sim to present consumer version of cars to customers at special events. These 3 cars are being integrated along with the Porsche license. This is the same deal as with the Red Pack where a deal was made with Maserati to include the Levante for free along with the other Maserati content.

I don't see what the issue is here. There will be a TON of other Porsche content for you to choose whether you would like to buy or not. 3 cars being added for free will not ruin the game nor lower its value.

<Snip>

Have you ever driven on track in real life? If so, what cars? Just out of curiosity?

I can't fathom how any "fan of racing" would reject a decent simulation of any high performance car... and these are high performance cars :)

Isn't there a tuner high performance version of the Range Rover? LOL - yeah, we should get that in AC as well.

Hey Chaps,

How about we try to keep this thread civilised and mature this time?
Either shape up, or we're going to start banning people from RD because this trashy behaviour has become routine now and some users just simply refuse to act within our very simple rules.

Sound good?
Good.

I'll just throw this out there. I think some people are frustrated because they are seeing cars released for the game that they don't want to drive when so many features they want to see added to the game aren't being added. Compound that with the fact that those who don't want to spend money on DLC don't exactly find SUV's to be an appealing addition to the game and that frustration seems justified.

That doesn't mean you are wrong for being happy to see more road cars. They are a break from grippy, highly spring race cars, but I think the frustration of those who aren't happy is somewhat justified considering Assetto Corsa's development.

Its a racing sim, not a city driving experience... SUV and family saloons have no place in a Racing sim.

Breaking news...Kunos have announced the Cheshire and Kensington school run simulator. ;-P

i' am from Harrogate so very very similar.
Now that was funny, as I often sit behind one of these behemoths around Chelsea trying to get home. Agreed, why would anyone want to race virtually on of these rudderless boats.....NO THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back