Magny-Cours 2023

Tracks Magny-Cours 2023 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I hate to be that guy, but there are plenty of tutorials on how to make tracks that are apt for assetto corsa and rfactor 2... I only mention it cause I appreciate the effort of making a non-ripped version of this track.

Last edited:
Maybe the AI gets confused because of the huge cluster of 1WALL-objects nearby? 'Replace' your pitlane buildings and barriers with simple vertical hidden walls, the same as per Lilski's tutorial on barriers and such. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/proper-technique-in-track-making-plus-tips.122794/ (first post: "fourth offence")

Performance-wise this can use some optimisation. The draw calls are through the roof (reaches 10.000 easily, where around 2000 should be maximum). Try reducing them by joining objects (primarily the trees using KSTREE_GROUP_etc, cars and lamp posts and such).
Thanks for the update. Sadly, these issues above are not resolved.
I would also advise to cut your road mesh up in small chunks (you can leave your road as is, just rename it to anything non-physical, and cut up the copy of it and name those 1ROAD_x). Same applies to grass, etc.
Racing with AI is a no-go for now. They have to soak up the entire circuit instead of a hundred meters in front of them.

Schmuckiiii updated Magny-Cours 2022 with a new update entry:

MC22 Update v1.5 - 2022 Update

- Reworked T1-2, T7-8 (Nurburgring chicane), T12-13 (Imola chicane) in order to make it more realistic
- Added new and improved kerbs to:
- apex of T5 (Adeiaide hairpin)
- apex of T7-8
- apex of T9
- apex of T12-13
- apex of T14
- apex of T15-17
- Made the braking meter white lines thicker
- Added new and improved grandstands to the main straight
- Added garage doors to the pit building
- Reworked the right hand side of the main straight, making it more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have noticed that you've changed the material names in the KN5, which broke GrassFX for example. The ext_config needs an update accordingly on GRASS_FX, RAIN_FX and SHADER_REPLACEMENT sections, as follows:

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS=GRASS, GRASS12
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS=ROAD_GREN_WET, RMBL_RED_WET, RMBL_WHITE_WET, RMBL_GREENW_WET, PCRB_SAUSAGE2_WET, PCRB_SAUSAGE1_WET, ROAD_RUNOFF_WET, DROAD, RMBL_LOWHIGH_WET, RMBL_LOWHIGH2_WET, RMBL_HIGH_WET, RMBL_HAIRPIN_WET, RMBL_ADELAIDE_WET, RMBL_END_RED_WET, RMBL_END_WHITE_WET
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA=GRVL_01, GRVL_02

[GRASS_FX_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MATERIALS=GRASS, GRASS12
MAP=A

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_MAIN_WET, ROAD_MAGNY_WET, ROAD_GRID_WET, DROAD, ROAD_BLUE_PIT_WET, PITR_DARK_WET, ROAD_BLUE_FLAG_WET, ROAD_WHITE_FLAG_WET, ROAD_RED_FLAG_WET
SOAKING_MATERIALS = GRASS, GRASS12, GRVL_01, GRVL_02
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = CMWL_02, TWAL151, TWAL152, ROAD_GREN_WET, RMBL_RED_WET, RMBL_WHITE_WET, RMBL_GREENW_WET, PCRB_SAUSAGE2_WET, PCRB_SAUSAGE1_WET, RMBL_LOWHIGH_WET, RMBL_LOWHIGH2_WET, RMBL_HIGH_WET, RMBL_HAIRPIN_WET, RMBL_ADELAIDE_WET, RMBL_END_RED_WET, RMBL_END_WHITE_WET
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS = STRP_LINE1, STRP_LINE2, STRP_LINE3, STRP_LINE4

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = GRASS, GRASS12
PROP_... = ksAlphaRef, -193

Anyway, here's a treat.
I'll be deleting the old one then since this is an update to that.
Screenshot_gt4_nissan_370z_magnycours22_18-7-122-17-29-33.jpg
Screenshot_gt4_nissan_370z_magnycours22_18-7-122-17-28-10.jpg

Hi mate,

First off, thanks for making the track! It's good to see the love for the circuit. However, I've noticed that I can't get over 30 FPS on this track. With a 3900X and 3080TI paired with 32GB of RAM, I find it quite hard to believe my system can't run a game from 2014. It looks like whatever you did to this version, it is not as well optimised as your 2021 version.

Hi mate,

First off, thanks for making the track! It's good to see the love for the circuit. However, I've noticed that I can't get over 30 FPS on this track. With a 3900X and 3080TI paired with 32GB of RAM, I find it quite hard to believe my system can't run a game from 2014. It looks like whatever you did to this version, it is not as well optimised as your 2021 version.
Getting between 50 and 60 while racing, i'm using Pure with PureLIFE ppfilter and ReShade on top, on a 3600X and a 2070Super and 32GB 3200mhz RAM so... something is wrong there, maybe some CSP setting or PPFilter?
(I'm playing at 1440p using nVidia's DLDSR, high settings, no AA, just TAA on CSP ExtraFX settings)
Screenshot_tmm_cupra_tcr_2020_magnycours22_18-7-122-21-26-50.jpg

Last edited:
chilenaoexiste updated Magny-Cours 2023 with a new update entry:

Magny-Cours 2023 Update v1.6

This was my first track for AC, and with all that I have learned with the other tracks I've released over the past few years, its finally time to properly update this thing.

- Completely reworked the shaders so all materials should look way more realistic.
- Completely New AIW. (now ais wont just randomly die at turn 1 lap 1 or at the fast chicanes)
- Now the track has proper track limits.
- Improved the tyre barrier collisions.
- Added grassfx.
- Added rainfx.
- Added working starting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back