MAD Formula Team MFT01 "Phoenix"

Cars MAD Formula Team MFT01 "Phoenix" V1.5 Final

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ofitus21 submitted a new resource:

MAD Formula Team MFT01 ¨Phoenix" - The 2021 Formula Student challenger from University Carlos III of Madrid

Please read the document. It’ll put into context who we are, what we do and what is this car about. If you share this mod, please do so using the link of the RaceDepartment resource page. Do not redistribute, re-host, unpack or share this content without explicit permission from myself or MAD Formula Team. If you have downloaed this car from a site other than this page please let me know via email at...

Read more about this resource...

Absolutely insane! I've been looking for a mod with ground effect for a while and this is the best one I've found. The skins look really good and it's quite fun to drive. What a car!

As a Formula Student member in China, I am a huge fan of of this car! Finally could see a team design a powered ground effect car. Now I can put my hand on the wheel too, and take it for a ride. Thank you MAD Formula Team!

Ofitus21 updated MAD Formula Team MFT01 "Phoenix" with a new update entry:

V1.01 Hotfix

Quick hotfix solving issues encountered after launch.
  • Corrected typo that forced the ARB to be overly high on base setup
  • Increased ride height to 50mm on base setup to improve handling on bumpy circuits
  • Tweaks to PGE files to reduce rake effect
  • FFB tweaks to avoid clipping
Furthermore, I wanted to clarify there is an issue with the AI, which pit on the last laps of races as they run out of fuel. Please disable fuel burn if you experience this issue as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way to disable automatic DRS cut off?

Edit: Found out that you can do it by changing the LIMIT_G value in drs.ini

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff! DO you race them in real life? Or are all competitions time trials?
In real life all competitions are time trials (mainly for safety reasons, and because the IRL events focus on the cars, not the drivers)

One of the nice things about this mod, you can actually race them :)

Last edited:
In real life all competitions are time trials (mainly for safety reasons, and because the IRL events focus on the cars, not the drivers)

One of the nice things about this mod, you can actually race them :)
Thanks for answering! Do you also develop hybrid, electric or alternative fuel cars in your project?

V1.1

Changelog
-Improved textures and dashboard resolution
-Improved DRS fan physics
-Added “PGE override” LED: this light warns the driver when the car exceeds 2G of lateral force, meaning the fans are forced on automatically until the G force decreases

I would also like to use this opportunity to let you know the team has now officialy released the successor of MFT01 in real life, the MFT02. Many months of hard work behind this new car...

V1.11 Hotfix

I have realised I accidentally included some 3rd party skins the community has created for the car on the official pack. These have now been removed from this pack.

I however fully recommend you to check out the skins @zuno toto, @thejqka and @GMR Racing Design have put out among others. F1 skin packs, Mario Kart skins among others, and the quality is fantastic. Check it out!

Introducing the "FSGP" Spec

Following extensive feedback after a few races of the car on the simracing.gp Formula Student community, it has been decided to add a new spec of the car alongside the MFT01 and the MFT01 EVO!

The FSGP Spec, and unlike the other versions of the cars, have the fans always active, with no DRS feature. This is done in order to improve the racing product, since the DRS feature made the car very...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea